Darren Jolly Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Collingwood makes Darren Jolly offer

Pick 14 will be enough if Hawthorn have to hand over pick 9 to Port for Burgoyne.

The Hawks loom as the only obvious competitor to us getting Jolly, so hopefully the Burgoyne deal goes through and then Sydney may come to their senses.

If not, have a crack at Mumford.:thumbsu:

I wouldn't count my chickens, Channel 10 is often wrong on this sort of stuff. I think we'll still need to give more, but it's less likely that we'll give up someone like Dawes, who I consider to be very important to our future. He's one that I could have seen going, in the worst case scenario.

hope so otherwise that's a little short i'd like to see atleast player comp, Dawes highest i'd be expecting but probably cook

Jolly committed to becoming a pie

Someone at the club is doing a great job at getting players to want to come to the Lexus Centre! Jolly is now committed to us along with Ball. Let's hope we can get the deals done.

From foxsports trade tracker:

1000: Trade Murmur: Rumours are spreading Hawthorn have withdrawn their offer for Port Adelaide's Shaun Burgoyne and switched targets to Sydney Swans ruckman Darren Jolly

Re: Jolly committed to becoming a pie

Has Jolly spoken out that its the pies for him

Indeed.

Rumours spread last night that the Hawks had withdrawn their offer for Port Adelaide's Burgoyne and switched targets to Sydney ruckman Darren Jolly.

There was speculation Hawthorn was prepared to give up pick nine to the Swans in a straight swap for Jolly, 28 next month.

But last night Jolly's manager Paul Connors was adamant Jolly would be playing at Collingwood next year.

A deal for Collingwood's pick 14 and possibly a player is close to completion.

"Darren Jolly will not be playing for Hawthorn Football Club next season. He is committed to playing at Collingwood next season," he told the Herald Sun.

Last night Hawks general manager of player personnel and strategy Chris Pelchen was also adamant there was no foundation to the speculation.

"We have made no contact with either Darren or his manager or the Sydney Swans so we don't know where it's all come from. We are 100 per cent after Burgoyne. We are welcoming of ongoing discussions," he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-barry-hall-deal/story-e6frf9jf-1225783120221

This sounds really promising to me. :)

Does anyone think that the Rus could be on his way out?

I would not be surprised to see him used as part of a trade this week.

Could be massive for us if it goes through (i hope it does).
Another thing i thought might be interesting if we get Jolly, is that it might allow us to use Fraser as a pure forward. In his early days was a better forward than ruckman who took good marks and kicked pretty straight. Hes body isnt up to it as a ruckman, but id love to test him out as a full forward with jack our second tall and travis worrying bout marks rather than goals.

This sounds really promising to me. :)

Does anyone think that the Rus could be on his way out?

I would not be surprised to see him used as part of a trade this week.

Yeah wouldn't surprise me. Poor guy can't get on the park and maybe needs different conditoning? Another club may suit.

Rusling has only just re-signed, thats not to say he wont be traded packaged for another player, but dont expect many if any offers for him

Someone at the club is doing a great job at getting players to want to come to the Lexus Centre! Jolly is now committed to us along with Ball. Let's hope we can get the deals done.
I don't think they're the only two big name players that want to play for Collingwood next season.

Its great to get such a strong statement from Jolly. The rumours in the paper were Hawthorn making a move for him although they were never substatiated by any comments by the clubs or player. 14 and a fringe player now seems pretty likely to me. If we get him its a big coup for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Jolly joins the pies and also Ball does that rule Fevola out completely, it would make getting Fev very difficult. Also does anyone know if Fev is in the Pies thinking.

I can assure you Jolly and Ball will be at Collingwood, and their is a fair-weak chance on Fevola.

Jolly has agreed to financial terms and Ball has agreed in principle.

Formalities to follow.

What do Carlton want for Fev and the longer the week goes they might take anything. Swans will use pick 14 maybe to get Fev?

This was good to read:

"But Jolly's manager Paul Connors was adamant Jolly would be playing at Collingwood next year.

A deal for Collingwood's pick No.14 and possibly a player is close to completion.

"Darren Jolly will not be playing for Hawthorn Football Club next season. He is committed to playing at Collingwood next season," he said. "

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,26171019-5018851,00.html

I can assure you Jolly and Ball will be at Collingwood, and their is a fair-weak chance on Fevola.

Jolly has agreed to financial terms and Ball has agreed in principle.

Formalities to follow.

This is my understanding of it too.

It makes Fev very, very difficult to grab.

The only thing in our favour is if Fev holds out strong and is determined to only get traded to Collingwood- seeing as we are the only Melbourne based club still interested in him. Cannot see him moving to Sydney under any circumstances.

Will be an interesting decision for Carlton to make as the week gets longer.

We'll only just be able to orchestrate getting Jolley and Ball without killing our list and using all our picks, let alone going after Fevola.

Looks we'll be losing our first two picks, and two players, to get Jolley and Ball.

If the Davis trade speculation is true, then that might help us with Fev, but I'm trying to nut out a three way trade.

• I reckon we can get Jolly for pick 14 + Cook plus later round swap of picks
  • If we trade dawes to Melbourne for Pick 18 we can use that + Cox + Lotsa money to get Fev
  • Ball we can hopefully get with a deal involving SA club, Leon and Saints. Alternately pick 30 + Fraser say for Ball.
I reckon we might even be able to get Ball through the PSD if we put the right stipulations in. A player going thru the PSD can nominate price plus I think a preferred state, but by landing Fev it might be tight trying to outprice others thru PSD.

We'd have to offload some players to make enough room in the cap. Don't know that Josh, Davis and Obree are on much.

It would make sense that if the Hawks stop pursuing Burgoyne, Sydney would take pick9 over pick14, thats a no brainer.
But in all seriousness, Roos' logic on wanting more than pick14 from the Pies dosnt add up. They gave pick15 years back on a relatively unknown ruckman and it worked out for them. They got good milage out of him and a premiership. Now hes towards the end of his career, his 'better' days are past him and has maybe 3-4 years left to offer. Pick14 is more than fair.
By Roos' logic, since Josh Fraser was 'unknown' and a risk at pick1 he would be worth a fortune...
My2c.

Why would St Kilda need Fraser?

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Jolly Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back