Oliver Davis
Liam Viney

N.T.
Beau O'Connell
Steven Cumming
Matthew Cumming

Murray
Will Chandler

Davo, I think you will find from the Lions Wischnat isn’t in the original 30 man squad. You have left out Martin who is in the Austrian team this week, HBF Griffiths has been in the best twice in 3 games, bottom aged Crozier on the wing & Ryan is one of 2 rucks along with Reville on the wing all of who are already in the squad. IMO from the Gold Coast “Ace” Hewago Paul Oea who is already in the squad will have the small forward roll with Budarick playing more forward then mid in he Allies due to depth. Alex Davies is a jet and in the squad along with Crossley’s numbers in the center impressive. Gold Coast have had a dream draw playing the winless NT & Oakleigh who had 13 players out so some numbers may look better then they should be. They were too good for the Lions in the last 10 minutes.

ALLIES 30-PLAYER SQUAD
COACH: Luke Power
Jackson Barling (Sydney Swans/Willoughby Mosman)
Connor Budarick (Gold Coast Suns/Labrador)
Charlie Byrne (Murray Bushrangers/Albury)
Jackson Callow (Tasmania/North Launceston)
Braedon Campbell (Sydney Swans/Westbrook)
Will Chandler (Murray Bushrangers/Corowa-Rutherglen)
Sam Collins (Tasmania/North Hobart)
Ashton Crossley (Gold Coast Suns/Burleigh/Palm Beach Currumbin)
Saxon Crozier (Brisbane Lions/Wests)
Jared Dakin (Tasmania/Launceston)
Alex Davies (Gold Coast Suns/Cairns Hawks)
Oliver Davis (Tasmania/Clarence)
Liam Delahunty (GWS Giants/Coolamon)
Hamish Ellem (Sydney Swans/Manly Warringah)
Tom Griffiths (Brisbane Lions/Maroochydore)
Tom Green (GWS Giants/Marist)
Errol Gulden (Sydney Swans/Maroubra)
Joel Jeffrey (Northern Territory/Wanderers)
Jack Johnston (Gold Coast Suns/Palm Beach Currumbin)
Ben Jungfer (Northern Territory/Warpaths/Woodville-West Torrens)
Will Martyn (Brisbane Lions/Aspley)
Matt McGrory (GWS Giants/Gungahlin)
Mitch O’Neill (Tasmania/North Hobart)
Luke Parks (Sydney Swans/North Shore)
Hewago Paul-Oea (Gold Coast Suns/PNG/Broadbeach)
Will Peppin (Tasmania/North Hobart)
Josh Rayner (Sydney Swans/North Shore)
Malcolm Rosas Jnr (Northern Territory/Darwin)
Bruce Reville (Brisbane Lions/Western Magpies/Maryborough)
Kobe Tozer (Brisbane Lions/Aspley/Bribie Island)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jarvis Pina 176cm 72kg from Peel in W.A. had an impressive game in round 1 WAFL Colts(32 disp 8 marks 4 tackles), has good athletic results, sprint, yo-yo and agility, good long kick to a lead as well, good break away speed and composure, i'll be interested if he can continue his good form, he was consistently good last season.

Last edited:

Davo, I think you will find from the Lions Wischnat isn’t in the original 30 man squad. You have left out Martin who is in the Austrian team this week, HBF Griffiths has been in the best twice in 3 games, bottom aged Crozier on the wing & Ryan is one of 2 rucks along with Reville on the wing all of who are already in the squad. IMO from the Gold Coast “Ace” Hewago Paul Oea who is already in the squad will have the small forward roll with Budarick playing more forward then mid in he Allies due to depth. Alex Davies is a jet and in the squad along with Crossley’s numbers in the center impressive. Gold Coast have had a dream draw playing the winless NT & Oakleigh who had 13 players out so some numbers may look better then they should be. They were too good for the Lions in the last 10 minutes.

ALLIES 30-PLAYER SQUAD
COACH: Luke Power
Jackson Barling (Sydney Swans/Willoughby Mosman)
Connor Budarick (Gold Coast Suns/Labrador)
Charlie Byrne (Murray Bushrangers/Albury)
Jackson Callow (Tasmania/North Launceston)
Braedon Campbell (Sydney Swans/Westbrook)
Will Chandler (Murray Bushrangers/Corowa-Rutherglen)
Sam Collins (Tasmania/North Hobart)
Ashton Crossley (Gold Coast Suns/Burleigh/Palm Beach Currumbin)
Saxon Crozier (Brisbane Lions/Wests)
Jared Dakin (Tasmania/Launceston)
Alex Davies (Gold Coast Suns/Cairns Hawks)
Oliver Davis (Tasmania/Clarence)
Liam Delahunty (GWS Giants/Coolamon)
Hamish Ellem (Sydney Swans/Manly Warringah)
Tom Griffiths (Brisbane Lions/Maroochydore)
Tom Green (GWS Giants/Marist)
Errol Gulden (Sydney Swans/Maroubra)
Joel Jeffrey (Northern Territory/Wanderers)
Jack Johnston (Gold Coast Suns/Palm Beach Currumbin)
Ben Jungfer (Northern Territory/Warpaths/Woodville-West Torrens)
Will Martyn (Brisbane Lions/Aspley)
Matt McGrory (GWS Giants/Gungahlin)
Mitch O’Neill (Tasmania/North Hobart)
Luke Parks (Sydney Swans/North Shore)
Hewago Paul-Oea (Gold Coast Suns/PNG/Broadbeach)
Will Peppin (Tasmania/North Hobart)
Josh Rayner (Sydney Swans/North Shore)
Malcolm Rosas Jnr (Northern Territory/Darwin)
Bruce Reville (Brisbane Lions/Western Magpies/Maryborough)
Kobe Tozer (Brisbane Lions/Aspley/Bribie Island)

Think there have been additional players added due to injuries etc

Jarvis Pina 176cm 72kg from Peel in W.A. had an impressive game in round 1 WAFL Colts(32 disp 8 marks 4 tackles), has good athletic results, sprint, yo-yo and agility, good long kick to a lead as well, good break away speed and composure, i'll be interested if he can continue his good form, he was consistently good last season.

Do you know what his combine results were?

Cool, I haven’t seen a list anywhere of additions yet. Have you got it, will be interested to see it?

No just heard that some players have been told. The list of the players who trained with the afl sides over the summer may be a better guide. Know that some of the players on the original list aren’t even playing atm due to long term injuries

i probably wont cover the next couple of months of NAB League as closely as the games will be missing a fair chunk of players who will be playing School footy

i went over the best players from what i have seen in the NAB League and news from SA and WA and have come up with i think the best 18 players

Elite
the only 2 players who have played at an elite level consistantly this season so far are Matthew Rowell and Noah Anderson from Oakleigh, every other highly rated player has shown a weakness or lapse in form, it seems to me these 2 are the only 2 worthy of the elite tag at this stage from my PoV, in pre-season i thought there could be as many as 6 elite propects, but after viewing all the games so far, a few of those prospects have not been as high quality as i would have liked to see, so at this stage i am limiting my elite group to 2 players, which is a big difference to my 11 elite i had last season.

Very Good
so far theres been 16 players who have broken away from the rest in terms of ability, performance and quality so far and they are, in no particular order
Tom Green
Mitch O'Neill
Dylan Williams
Lachlan Ash
Caleb Serong
Sam Flanders
Brodie Kemp
Thomson Dow
Will Gould
Dylan Stephens
Cameron Taheny
Jeremy Sharp
Charlie Dean
Hayden Young
Mitch Martin
Jack Mahony

at this stage they are the top of the draft pool for me, with Finn Maginness, Ryan Byrnes and Trent Bianco close to being in the very good grouping.

ok so expanding on this idea, i want to put out a grouping list for my own reference and where i see players at this stage of the season(not inc 19 yr olds)

Elite (2)- Matthew Rowell, Noah Anderson
bordering Elite/Very Good (1)- Tom Green
Very Good (15)- Mitch O'Neill, Dylan Williams, Lachlan Ash, Caleb Serong, Sam Flanders, Brodie Kemp, Thomson Dow, Will Gould, Dylan Stephens, Cameron Taheny, Jeremy Sharp, Charlie Dean, Hayden Young, Mitch Martin, Jack Mahony
bordering Very Good/Good (3)- Finn Maginness, Ryan Byrnes, Trent Bianco
Good (37)- Cooper Stephens, Ned Cahill, Luke Jackson, Flynn Perez, Ryan Gardner, Lachlan Stapleton, Chas Karpala, Liam Delahunty, Deven Robertson, Mitch Georgiades, Emerson Jeka, Mitch Mellis, Jackson Mead, Conor Budarick, Josh Worrell, Logan Fitzgerald, Jackson Davies, Oscar Lewis, Hugo Ralphsmith, Fischer McAsey, Daniel Mott, Sam Ramsay, Adam Carafa, Riley Baldi, Brock Smith, Cody Weightman, Jay Rantall, Jay Dahlhaus, Jye Chalcraft, Riley Wilson, James Schischka, Bruce Reville, Tom Wischnat, Josh Gore, Jackson Barling, Harrison Parker, Beau O'Connell

Last edited:
No just heard that some players have been told. The list of the players who trained with the afl sides over the summer may be a better guide. Know that some of the players on the original list aren’t even playing atm due to long term injuries

Wow interesting they have been told already with 2 academy games to go. My list above I believe all would have trained with AFL clubs in December. Yes Im aware of some players that won’t be ready for Allies apparently. Keep me posted if you here of a new list.

Wow interesting they have been told already with 2 academy games to go. My list above I believe all would have trained with AFL clubs in December. Yes Im aware of some players that won’t be ready for Allies apparently. Keep me posted if you here of a new list.

It’s an absolute joke if selections are being made now and yet again smacks of favouritism. Apparently this year’s form is irrelevant.

Last edited:
There should be at least 20 new names added to the Allies squads. As well as injuries, very limitted under agers play games too.
Add that to the long term injured, you get a large contingent who have been playing well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There should be at least 20 new names added to the Allies squads. As well as injuries, very limitted under agers play games too.
Add that to the long term injured, you get a large contingent who have been playing well.

I think I heard someone say on the Nab App telecast they will add 20 more to make the squad 50 who will play Vic Metro & Vic Country in Practice matches before they pick the team each week.

I think I heard someone say on the Nab App telecast they will add 20 more to make the squad 50 who will play Vic Metro & Vic Country in Practice matches before they pick the team each week.

Allies had a camp in late Jan this year with squad of 30 or so to get know each other go thru game plan etc.
An additional 20 (making squad of 50) will be added based on nab league form to play prac matches against metro & country in lead up to nationals.
From those games squad of 25-30 will be picked for nationals

Yep.
Have heard that on the grapevine too.
I also think that simply because you were chosen for the Allies academy in 2018, you shouldn't be an automatic walk on starter.
There are several that are now playing below par, others coming back from injury and hence not match fit or confident, or there were multiple players who missed the champs in 2018 and therefore overlooked.
It should be tbe best 22 or 23 players after their 5 games of the div 2 champs.
Luke Power should be at each game, and selectors should at least watch every game live or youtube!

I also think that simply because you were chosen for the Allies academy in 2018, you shouldn't be an automatic walk on starter.
There are several that are now playing below par, others coming back from injury and hence not match fit or confident, or there were multiple players who missed the champs in 2018 and therefore overlooked.
It should be tbe best 22 or 23 players after their 5 games of the div 2 champs.
Luke Power should be at each game, and selectors should at least watch every game live or youtube!

And you would hope the players get feedback from the Allies hierarchy too as well as their local coaches. Not game style stuff just more individualized things they did well or things they could improve on. The majority of players are only 16 or 17 and have a lot of learning / maturing to do. Most have either finished or in their final year of school and will be combining Uni or employment for the first time while trying to train & play at the highest level they can. I would imagine that would be quite draining on kids.

ok so expanding on this idea, i want to put out a grouping list for my own reference and where i see players at this stage of the season(not inc 19 yr olds)

Elite (2)- Matthew Rowell, Noah Anderson
bordering Elite/Very Good (1)- Tom Green
Very Good (15)- Mitch O'Neill, Dylan Williams, Lachlan Ash, Caleb Serong, Sam Flanders, Brodie Kemp, Thomson Dow, Will Gould, Dylan Stephens, Cameron Taheny, Jeremy Sharp, Charlie Dean, Hayden Young, Mitch Martin, Jack Mahony
bordering Very Good/Good (3)- Finn Maginness, Ryan Byrnes, Trent Bianco
Good (37)- Cooper Stephens, Ned Cahill, Luke Jackson, Flynn Perez, Ryan Gardner, Lachlan Stapleton, Chas Karpala, Liam Delahunty, Deven Robertson, Mitch Georgiades, Emerson Jeka, Mitch Mellis, Jackson Mead, Conor Budarick, Josh Worrell, Logan Fitzgerald, Jackson Davies, Oscar Lewis, Hugo Ralphsmith, Fischer McAsey, Daniel Mott, Sam Ramsay, Adam Carafa, Riley Baldi, Brock Smith, Cody Weightman, Jay Rantall, Jay Dahlhaus, Jye Chalcraft, Riley Wilson, James Schischka, Bruce Reville, Tom Wischnat, Josh Gore, Jackson Barling, Harrison Parker, Beau O'Connell

expanding again on this

bordering Good/Above Average (7)- Darcy Chirgwin, Kaiden Schreiber, Lucas Rocci, Will Chandler, Kysaiah Pickett, Trent Rivers, Luca Goonan

best underagers for 2020 draft: (Vic, Northern Academies and Tas)
1. Charlie Lazzaro - Geel
2. Elijah Hollands - Murr
3. Errol Gulden - Syd A
4. Sam Collins - Tas
5. Josh Clarke - East
6. Oliver Davis - Tas
7. Will Phillips - Oak
8. Conor Downie - East
9. Flynn Lakey - Cald
10. Noah Gribble - Geel
11. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Oak
12. Jackson Callow - Tas
13. Oliver Henry - Geel
14. Alex Davies - GCS A
15. Deakyn Smith - Dand
16. Lochlan Jenkins - Oak
17. Giorgio Varagiannis - Oak
18. Jackson Cardillo - Cald

best 19 yr olds: Aaron Clarke(West), Angus Hanrahan(Sand), Cody Hirst(East), Kyle Dunkley(Gipps)

Last edited:
expanding again on this

bordering Good/Above Average (7)- Darcy Chirgwin, Kaiden Schreiber, Lucas Rocci, Will Chandler, Kysaiah Pickett, Trent Rivers, Luca Goonan

best underagers for 2020 draft: (Vic, Northern Academies and Tas)
1. Charlie Lazzaro - Geel
2. Elijah Hollands - Murr
3. Errol Gulden - Syd A
4. Sam Collins - Tas
5. Josh Clarke - East
6. Oliver Davis - Tas
7. Will Phillips - Oak
8. Conor Downie - East
9. Flynn Lakey - Cald
10. Noah Gribble - Geel
11. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Oak
12. Jackson Callow - Tas
13. Oliver Henry - Geel
14. Alex Davies - GCS A
15. Deakyn Smith - Dand
16. Lochlan Jenkins - Oak
17. Giorgio Varagiannis - Oak
18. Jackson Cardillo - Cald

best 19 yr olds: Aaron Clarke(West), Angus Hanrahan(Sand), Cody Hirst(East), Kyle Dunkley(Gipps)
Do you think Ugle-Hagan will be an elite prospect ? Only checking the stats but he’s made a quiet start for Oakleigh so far. Does he have a lot of potential ? I understand he’s an underaged player. Hopefully he improves as the season goes on.

Do you think Ugle-Hagan will be an elite prospect ? Only checking the stats but he’s made a quiet start for Oakleigh so far. Does he have a lot of potential ? I understand he’s an underaged player. Hopefully he improves as the season goes on.

Doesn’t read great but perhaps he is an on baller or forward as that’s how you get a mention. I’ve seen kids the last 3 weeks performing consistently back of center, stats wise, game plan wise (or at least what I think the game plan is), winning one on ones etc but just don’t rate a mention. Draft Central & NAB (Vic) League & some forums would rather talk about someone who gets 8 kicks and kicks 2 goals or an injured player then a backman with with 20+ disposals. Draft Central team of week naming on ballers in the back line who would have been lucky to even run into the D50??? Top 40 draft pick lists & articles are individual opinions I understand that but last time I checked footy had 22 players of different shapes & sizes who play in all different positions. Tell me how someone kicking a couple of goals equates to a better game then a backman getting 20+ ???

i dont think he will be an elite prospect, he has been injured a bit this season i believe, he is a good contested mark, he is a rangy tallish forw, he was good in bursts for GWV last season as a 16 yr old and has been good in bursts for Oak this yr, he has potential, he just needs to have a clear run of games and some good performances to put his name up there, this is an early list and doesnt have SA and WA talent of which i hear theres a lot in 2020(for SA anyways) so i would think at this stage Ugle-Hagan is tracking as a late first/early 2nd round pick for 2020 potentially, but it all depends on the next 18 months for these guys tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back