Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have Hynes as a tier 1 mid, Johnson tier 2 mid and Harding as a tier 1 ruck who wasn’t listed ??
Hynes could be tier 1, he is borderline, so thats not a bad call, Johnson is a good user of the footy, but seems a little hesitant in the midfield against the better opponents which i wasnt a fan of, seemed to not challenge the top dogs when he played against them ect which is why i have him tier 3, Harding is a big lump of a lad and wins the h/o but lacks other weapons from what ive seen, which means he is an outside chance to get drafted imo.

What is guaranteed is that Hawthorn are going to come sniffing for Richmond's picks

Maybe Carlton F1 +33 for 24 at best, but even then I reckon we will get better offers elsewhere

So you dreams of F2s for Pick 18 are laughable
Man some of you guys are so literal.. Surely I am not proposing straight F2 swaps when I have pointedly given Weddle trade which was not one.

So yes you will get our F2+33 offered for your pick 23/24.

I would be stunned if we offerred our F1 for your pick 18 but as a live trade if someone has really slid down, this could be a chance. Since we need a F3 to trade F1, our pick 33 may be given as offset.

So its 18+F3 for F1+33

ATM we are gunning for pick 11 from you guys with same deal as above 11+F3 for F1+33+ 2 F4's

All the tigers crowing on about landing f1 for pick 20,23,24 is hot air. Maybe for 2 of those picks someone may offer F1.

Man some of you guys are so literal.. Surely I am not proposing straight F2 swaps when I have pointedly given Weddle trade which was not one.

So yes you will get our F2+33 offered for your pick 23/24.

I would be stunned if we offerred our F1 for your pick 18 but as a live trade if someone has really slid down, this could be a chance. Since we need a F3 to trade F1, our pick 33 may be given as offset.

So its 18+F3 for F1+33

ATM we are gunning for pick 11 from you guys with same deal as above 11+F3 for F1+33+ 2 F4's

All the tigers crowing on about landing f1 for pick 20,23,24 is hot air. Maybe for 2 of those picks someone may offer F1.
Don’t have a F3.

You are completely delusional, like fantasy land, its like you start with what would work really well for Hawthorn, and convince yourself that its possible.

Pick 11 for Carlton F1 lol

I have heard it all now, hilarious

We would not give you Pick 11, for every single draft pick you have this year and next year

Your club is the one who is searching to split pick 2…

Not the other way around. If you wanna waste pick 2 on Tauru be my guest mate. We can stick to 1,6,10,11
Every club is open to split a pick if the right deal is offered. They doesn’t make us desperate - it makes us like every other club.

We won’t take Tauru with 2. It will be FOS or Lalor.

Every club is open to split a pick if the right deal is offered. They doesn’t make us desperate - it makes us like every other club.

We won’t take Tauru with 2. It will be FOS or Lalor.

Yeah fair enough, I personally think you’d be internally aiming for two key position players aye??? I mean you guys would look pretty set up after that. I also don’t think you’ll be bottom four next year either. So your F1 will likely be pick 5-9 in my opinion.

See how it pans out I’m sure the clubs will work something out if not then we still land smilie/tauru at 6 or fos/Lalor at 1

I think Smillie is the guy that gets through, next best if the kids, or they can go best KPP available.

No order top 5

Smith
FOS
Lalor
Langford
Draper

that is the clear top 5 imo and Melbourne will pick the last of the best mids left.

There’s a definite benefit of trading for pick 2 (or 3 or 4) though how much they give up is the question.
If we keep pick 6 I will be very happy with Smillie or Tauru.

I would not be giving up 2 picks out of 6,10 or 11. I think North will benefit out of this more than Richmond will

The only deals I'd take if I were Richmond are 6 and 10 for 2 and North's F1, because that could be a high pick, or 6 and 20 for 2 because they'll have plenty of picks in that range anyway. And that's if they really like one guy besides Lalor who won't be there at 6.

But I doubt North take either of those deals.
Reading tea leaves, Richmond is offering 6 + one or our later picks (18, 20, 23) for pick 2. North has countered with pick 2 + F1 for 6 + 11.

They tried to sell their F1 in trade week and couldn't get pick 13 for it. I doubt they're getting a bite for it on its own before GWS' 21. That doesn't work for North. Pick 11 does because it pretty much guarantees them one of Armstrong or Trainor (and pick 6 definitely guarantees them one of Tauru or Armstrong). So the move from 2 to 6 (when they get the guy they want anyway) is what they're willing to pay to buy back in at a higher point than they otherwise would be able to.

But Richmond would value pick 11 very highly, especially in conjunction with pick 10. That's a chance at Armstrong ourselves, and/or get 1-2 of Hotton, Lindsay, Allan, Berry.

Cue laugh reacts from muppets who laughed at the suggestion we'd get 6 & 23 for Rioli, or 14 for Baker. But that's where it's at. Hence it might not get done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back