Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd pick Travaglia TBH.
He's quicker and has better endurance, he breaks lines, he is a good defensive runner (which Langford is not) and also an exceptional interceptor.
Whilst I do rate Travaglia, and do think he is worthy of a top 10 pick for the right team, I can see the argument for Langford being the number 1 pick and believe Langford has the higher ceiling. Langford is an elite mark, has a borderline elite left foot kick that can break lines, has excellent vision, reads the play well, can play inside whilst also hurting teams on the spread, can intercept, kicks goals, and was the joint Larke Medallist. Langford has also improved his speed over the course of the year, I am guessing the Combine results will tell if he is a sub 3.1 seconds for the 20 metres, and if his endurance has improved in the beep test. A couple of pre-seasons in the AFL will also markedly improve both of these categories.

Lalor seems to be coming for pick 1 with a head of steam. Thoughts?
I have always thought he could be the best player in the draft

But will state I think he will be a slower burn, in that it will take 3 seasons for him to hit his mark

He wont be winning the rising star in his first year

He has so much work to do on his fitness

This is a kid that has never ever done a preseason because of cricket commitments

So upside is huge, but playing inside mid and being unfit is a recipe for being injury prone

And this will his problem because one preseason wont fix his fitness issues

Especially since new recruits first pre-season is scaled back so much

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back