Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was an old post by Beams done a few weeks ago. It only came up again last night when a fan commented on it.
Could be the case, however still doesn't explain his absence last night.
He could have & should have attended...enjoy his last official Collingwood function...make a great speech...show his love & respect for the club...the club would also shower him with praise & thank him for his efforts.
It would have been "good luck Beamsy, we will miss you & understand your painful decision to go", but now it's WTF, he doesn't give a tinkers about the club, his teammates or supporters.
Unless he or the club can clarify this situation (reason for non attendance), then as far as I'm concerned he has just joined the ranks of Nick Davis & Daisy Thomas.

I understand where you are coming from but what has transpired in the past 24 hours means simply that it is pick 4 and a worthwhile player or he plays for the Pies next year.

We certainly won't get nothing next year as some posters allude to, if free agency compo stays the way it is we will end up with two first round picks.
He is NOT a free agent next year (for the 15th million time).

Could be the case, however still doesn't explain his absence last night.
He could have & should have attended...enjoy his last official Collingwood function...make a great speech...show his love & respect for the club...the club would also shower him with praise & thank him for his efforts.
It would have been "good luck Beamsy, we will miss you & understand your painful decision to go", but now it's WTF, he doesn't give a tinkers about the club, his teammates or supporters.
Unless he or the club can clarify this situation (reason for non attendance), then as far as I'm concerned he has just joined the ranks of Nick Davis & Daisy Thomas.
I agree i was just pointing out he didn't post the pic last night. That would be another level of nose thumbing. Very early in this thread you'll find i was cynical about his motives to leave. I think the Brisbane offer came first, yes his dad is sick but he would have stayed and worked something out if he was completely happy with the club.

I don't care for this type of logic.

How many of these "ill informed" BF posters pay for memberships year after year? The club should care about what the opinions of it's supporters.
To be clear, if the majority of Collingwood fans feel that way then you can rest assured the club will care. I just don't see that being the case.

Karma is also an important element in footy. Brisbane fans need to consider this. Clubs that work out a fair and reasonable trade eg as Sydney usually do - end up strong, healthy stable entities with good karma, they only began to lose their karma when they started exploiting their cola with celebrity forwards recently.

Carlton holding West Coast over a barrel with the Judd trade meant that Josh Kennedy was always going to turn into the power forward they would be screaming out for at another club while Judd never delivered the flag they expected and they remain an irrelevant sad little football club 8 years on.

Think about karma Brisbane fans. Ignore it at your peril, it bites hard.

Easy

STAGE 1

Bris outs - aish
Bris ins - 9, 29

Adel outs - 9, 29
Adel ins - aish

STAGE 2

Bris outs - picks 4, 9, 29
Bris ins - beams

Coll outs - beams
Coll ins - picks 4, 9 , 29

STAGE 3

Coll outs - lumumba pick 45
Coll ins - Pick 22

Melb outs - pick 22
Melb ins - lumumba pick 45

STAGE 4

Coll outs - pick 29
Coll ins - greenwood

North outs- greenwood
North ins - pick 29

STAGE 5

Hope moore slips to a 2nd rounder

Gives us picks 4,8,9,22,28,greenwood. With moore being at either 8 or 28

Easy

STAGE 1

Bris outs - aish
Bris ins - 9, 29

Adel outs - 9, 29
Adel ins - aish

STAGE 2

Bris outs - picks 4, 9, 29
Bris ins - beams

Coll outs - beams
Coll ins - picks 4, 9 , 29

STAGE 3

Coll outs - lumumba pick 45
Coll ins - Pick 22

Melb outs - pick 22
Melb ins - lumumba pick 45

STAGE 4

Coll outs - pick 29
Coll ins - greenwood

North outs- greenwood
North ins - pick 29

STAGE 5

Hope moore slips to a 2nd rounder

Gives us picks 4,8,9,22,28,greenwood. With moore being at either 8 or 28

A lot of people seem to be on this "meet in the middle" thing ... But I disagree strongly with that.

It's all about putting together a deal that will make Brisbane a better team, and Collingwood a better team (and if there are 3rd parties involved, making them better teams too)

Unless that happens, no deal is going to made, is it?

Of course there are timeframes involved one team might become better than they are instantly, and the other might have to wait a few years to reap the benefit of the trade (ie: see Shaw-Adams).

But essentially they have to have some motivation to do the trade.

Brisbane don't have to trade. Collingwood don't have to trade. And if they can't figure out a deal that benefits both parties then they won't trade.

And that's not going to happen by "meeting in the middle".
You may be right but traditionally, negotiation is about finding middle ground. That's just the way I see it panning out but I'd me more than happy if you're right.

Or we can take brisbanes pick 4 and aish
On trade aish to adelaide for their picks 9 and 29
Trade 29 for greenwood

Gives us picks 4,8,9,22 (H), 28, greenwood.

Imagine how big a draft it would be if we got moore with pick 28.
BOYOHBOY WOWWEE

I like this.
Sure we don't have the immediate Beams replacement in Dangerfield, but I would be happy to take Greenwood in this instance.

Could go tall or mid at 4, Darcey at 8, speedy mid at 9 (Pickett?), Garlett/ Nakia at 22/28.
Imagine if by some unbelievable luck Darcey went at 28. McCartin, Pickett, laverde, Garlett/Nakia, Moore plus Greenwood for Beams and H.

Opens up the cap for a couple of Big plays in 2015/2016

I like this.
Sure we don't have the immediate Beams replacement in Dangerfield, but I would be happy to take Greenwood in this instance.

Could go tall or mid at 4, Darcey at 8, speedy mid at 9 (Pickett?), Garlett/ Nakia at 22/28.
Imagine if by some unbelievable luck Darcey went at 28. McCartin, Pickett, laverde, Garlett/Nakia, Moore plus Greenwood for Beams and H.

Opens up the cap for a couple of Big plays in 2015/2016

We get dangerfield next year, 2016

Gary Pert's standing has just gone up a little for mine. Wonderful stance the club has taken. They have created the urgency and Brisbane are well aware of what it will take to get it done and they have until 5pm Friday- no drawn out negotiations. It should be a pretty simple deal for them to seal really however them thinking the bulk of their list except for Harwood or Crisp being untouchable is their own problem.

As for Beams no attending the BnF, very poor. He is essentially burning his bridges and trying to force a move in any way possible. His real motives are starting to become clearer. I don't think it's a simple case of "family" any more. The biggest motive for any player move is $$$$$. It's convenient that he has minimum $4m/5 years offer on the table also.

The fact that Greg Swann has agreed to it, IMO means he will get the deal done irrespective of what their list manager says. History says Greg Swann knows what it takes to seal the big trades.

I understand where you are coming from but what has transpired in the past 24 hours means simply that it is pick 4 and a worthwhile player or he plays for the Pies next year.

We certainly won't get nothing next year as some posters allude to, if free agency compo stays the way it is we will end up with two first round picks.
Unfortunately, Manboob's thinking is reflected all over the place by people who don't understand the nature of AFL players. Sitting out for a year is not an option for them. Match conditioning just doesn't come back with a click of the fingers and they can't just switch on after a year out. Brisbane fans have to be careful what they wish for because the player they get after a year out may not be the player they wanted.
In any case, is there any guarantee that the bottom placed clubs will deal with them if he goes into the draft for 2016? Who knows, if they are viewed by other clubs as driving a ridiculous deal such as pick 4 or nothing, perhaps they'll just lock them out of any negotiations. In the end, nobody but the cellar dwellers win and the nut jobs calling for Beams to sit out a year will have threads containing their dumb posts bumped for a long while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ultimatum by the club is interesting. Brisbane have til 5pm Friday to facilitate a deal or we are going to look at other trading options with other clubs (probably GC).

Wouldn't it be in the best interests of the club to be negotiating with both sides at the same time in order to get the best possible deal? Have them fight with each other in the rare case that one of them pays overs.

You may be right but traditionally, negotiation is about finding middle ground. That's just the way I see it panning out but I'd me more than happy if you're right.

Not necessarily.

Take hostage negotiation as an example ...

Party 1: "Gimme the money or I'll kill the hostage"
Party 2: "How about you release the hostage or we'll kill you?"
Party 3: "Hmmm, how about we meet in the middle?"

... Doesn't work.

Or how about this one ...

4 year old kid: "I want an icecream now!!"
Parent: "Darling, you can't have an icecream, you have had enough sugar already today"
4 year old kid: "But I want an icecream now!!"
Parent: "Hmmmm, how about we meet in the middle?"

.... Doesn't really work either.

Of course, "meeting in the middle" does get used in many situations - but there a often better ways to negotiate.

The ultimatum by the club is interesting. Brisbane have til 5pm Friday to facilitate a deal or we are going to look at other trading options with other clubs (probably GC).

Wouldn't it be in the best interests of the club to be negotiating with both sides at the same time in order to get the best possible deal? Have them fight with each other in the rare case that one of them pays overs.

In theory, yes i agree. But it also shows brisbane we r not fking around by letting them delay us in anything else we want to do. So get your best deal ready

You only think it's delusional because you hang out with people who want it to be delusional.

Look at it this way ..

Add Beams to Brisbane's 22; and take out one of Rockliff, Hanley or Aish, and take out the contribution pick 4 would have make ... And after all of that, would Brisbane be a better side than they are today? Of course they would be.

Long term, I disagree. We are better off (2-5 years) having Rockliff/Hanley/Aish and pick 4, than Beams on his own.

I think the Brisbane offer came first, yes his dad is sick but he would have stayed and worked something out if he was completely happy with the club.
FWIW, I'd be surprised if we didn't have a standing offer open to Beams to come home. We'd be mad not to. He's the best midfielder to come out of this State since Akermanis. Qld simply doesn't produce players of this quality all that often (let alone midfielders) and, as a result, our club will always try and target them if they end up at interstate clubs. Dunstall, Riewoldt are two examples of Qld bred guns who the club has tried really hard to get back to Brisbane.

As can said. The other thing I'm not sure of, is can you trade a player after being drafted only a year ago? Does a National draftee have to serve his initial 2 year deal, prior to moving clubs?
Pretty sure they can be traded, if they agree to it of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back