Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU

Re: Solly pulling the pin?

One bloke who bleed for his club every game, Solly was a favourite of mine and still is.

It's a shame he just missed out on life membership at the EFC, he bloody well deserves it.

Good luck in retirement.

Dimma just missed out but got one anayway.

Perhaps they will do the same for solly once he does retire.

Ahh memories of those two plus Mark Johnson smashing packs of players in the air and on the ground. Geez we were a mean unit.

One of my all time favourites who gave his heart and soul for the club. Will always be remembered as a great Essendon person and will be welcome back at the the club any day. Well done Solly.

Always loved your hard tough style Solly! Will be sorely missed on the AFL scene! All the very best, hopefully you return home in some sort of coaching role!

I was sad when he left us. He was one of my favourite players. Hopefully he does a lap of honour in the round 2 game between Essendon and Freo.

hopefully he can have a good influence on spike next year if he moves back to melbourne :) since the last influence wasnt too good!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always loved watching Solly go about it, I even liked him at Freo. But he was never the same player after his knee injury. On the other hand, we got his good years before he left so that worked out well.

One bloke who bleed for his club every game, Solly was a favourite of mine and still is.

It's a shame he just missed out on life membership at the EFC, he bloody well deserves it.

Good luck in retirement.

Totally agree - have missed you Solly! Best of luck in the future!

Dimma just missed out but got one anayway.

Perhaps they will do the same for solly once he does retire.

Ahh memories of those two plus Mark Johnson smashing packs of players in the air and on the ground. Geez we were a mean unit.

Add Dean Wallis to that list

As an aside, I reckon his skills were underrated. People just talk about him being a hard man but he was a lot more than that.

Loved him as a player. Will always be remembered for his role as a premiership player and that's the way it should be!

Rath is spot on he did have good skills - particularly early in his career as a hard running flanker.
Unfortunately he had to play above his weight as a key back & had to bulk up rather than remain a lean mean defender.
Will never forget when Gerard Healy said in a game vs Port:
"Most players go to the medical room; Solomon goes to the panel beaters".

All the best Solly - you're a legend & reading this thread he is still very much respected at Windy Hill.

what a ledgend he was, part of that tough core defensive unit including wellman, m.johnson, hardwick, d. wallis, and barnard when he was back there. not to many backward steps from those guys....all premiership champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Dean Solomon to retire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back