Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I would delist the following (in no particular order). Always feel bad about delistings, as this is blokes job and dreams but needs to be done.

1. CCJ - Payout if possible. Never understood this trade. Needs to go. Free up list spot.
  2. Charlie Lazzaro - Cam Richardson regen. Lights up VFL but can't do it at the top level.
  3. Curtis Taylor - Had enough time, if he can't make it into the 22 at 24 he's not going to make it into a good side.
  4. Greenwood - Retired.
  5. Jaidyn Stephenson - Payout if possible. Rumours retiring? Whilst sad at his age, would prefer a kid to have a chance instead
  6. Liam Shiels - Retired.
  7. Tarryn Thomas - Obvious why. Not sure even needs including
  8. Tyler Sellers - Was honestly painful watching him play AFL.

Players I wish we could delist:

1. Dylan Stephens - Didn't work out. He's got a few years to prove us wrong but I would be amazed if got another contract. Will be surpassed by upcoming kids
  2. Toby Pink - Let him stay until his contract ends. Hoping by then one of our young talls will have surpassed him anyway.
  3. Zac Fisher - He's got a few years to prove us wrong but I would be amazed if got another contract. Will be surpassed by upcoming kids.

In my bizarro world, there would be no need for delistings at our fine establishment. JHF would have arrived and stated “I love it here, I am going to raise my family here”.Tarryn would have devoted his time to being a Monk out of football. Instead of playing GC in the last rd we played a team that had to win to play finals. And lastly David Noble coached like his doppelgänger Craig Bellamy and had the team playing finals winning football from the beginning.
We could have had a starting midfield of Harley Reid, Tarryn Thomas, and JHF.

So many things gone wrong for us, and our list is still terrible. Each year there are about a dozen players who could be desisted who won't be picked up by any other clubs.

So many things gone wrong for us, and our list is still terrible. Each year there are about a dozen players who could be desisted who won't be picked up by any other clubs.
If Thomas and JHF had fully bought in to NMFC we wouldn’t have been in the same position as in the Rd 23 ‘Reid’ game last year

Could have had reid but the other 2 were beyond our control. Ones got no brains and the other one has a father in law with rat cunning.

I feel like these delistings will give us a bit of a closer indication of where we’re going as a playing group ‘no duh’.
Will we continue holding on to young guys we recruited but haven’t had any chop? Drury, Lazzaro, Biggie etc or just older guys

Stephenson - retired
Free - may retire
Greenwood - retired
Shiels - retired
Drury - delisted
Harvey - delisted
Sellers - delisted
Lazzaro - delisted
Taylor - delisted
TT - **** off

I did say there will be a huge clean out but my lord

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drury and Lazz are the most interesting watches for me.

Drury is really well liked by Clarko and the coaching staff and has rarely played a bad game in the VFL. Both of them have their athletic limitations, but like Lazz there is still a little bit of untapped potential there. Both are really professional with their training, reviews and everything off field, which is really valued by the club.

Wouldn't surprise me if both are held onto for another year.

Drury and Lazz are the most interesting watches for me.

Drury is really well liked by Clarko and the coaching staff and has rarely played a bad game in the VFL. Both of them have their athletic limitations, but like Lazz there is still a little bit of untapped potential there. Both are really professional with their training, reviews and everything off field, which is really valued by the club.

Wouldn't surprise me if both are held onto for another year.
No issues from me with that if we have too many spots and not enough picks. Standards are important.

Stephenson - retired
Free - may retire
Greenwood - retired
Shiels - retired
Drury - delisted
Harvey - delisted
Sellers - delisted
Lazzaro - delisted
Taylor - delisted
TT - **** off

I did say there will be a huge clean out but my lord
10 seems excessive

Hoping sleevo decides to stay, Harvey/CT I’d easily keep over taking a late pick

Unless we have a bunch of players lined up who have agreed to come

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back