Discussion for those who bought tickets for Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Got mine sorted - after a few dropouts (many forget it is father's day this weekend too)only had to get a few - Premium tix, section 106-1 row 19.

Look like decent seats - willing to pay the extra $$ to get nearer the wing as always in the pocket or behind the goals at most games.

Is this section elevated? Hard to tell from the seating plan...

Looking to buy my tickets now. How can you choose where you sit? Or does "best available" only mean you get what you're given? Would like to see a seating map to see where we would be.

Also what is the general consensus to flying/staying? Go up for one night? Go for the day? Go for the weekend? Walk from today and hope to make it? (I've also got a footy final on Saturday and knowing the league they would probably change it to a Sunday game!)

I suspect the only way you could really 'choose' where to sit would be to go to a Ticketek office.

I personally hate dealing with Ticket agencies. I am certain that over the net and over the phone, you are really only able to get 'best available' which is in reality the ones the ticket agency want to sell first.

In the end I have taken a punt with some prime seats on the flank and will look to move if they are crap.

Looking to buy my tickets now. How can you choose where you sit? Or does "best available" only mean you get what you're given? Would like to see a seating map to see where we would be.

Also what is the general consensus to flying/staying? Go up for one night? Go for the day? Go for the weekend? Walk from today and hope to make it? (I've also got a footy final on Saturday and knowing the league they would probably change it to a Sunday game!)

Online will only give you best available - need to call or go to an outlet if you are after specific seats/section.

If you can get the Monday off work (or lucky enough not to need to), always worth staying the night, maybe book accommodation in the city though as not much happens in Parramatta and you'll be closer to the airport the next day.

We come down to Melbourne a few times a year from Canberra to watch the boys play and always make a long weekend of it.

Seating map:

sfx61944.gif

Is driving to the ground & car parking an option?
Train is free to the ground so here's an option. Drive and park near Lidcombe station (one station away from Olympic Park) and hop on a train from there. When coming back from the ground, most spectators are headed towards the city, so the train going the other way to Lidcombe will be relatively sparse.

410-1 Row 1! Can't wait :thumbsu:

Sound advice from grimlock on parking at Lidcombe (your car should be there when you get back!), traffic might be a little heavy going to and from but it shouldn't be too bad.

Don't forget your ticket includes public transport to and from ANZ Stadium, so plenty of free trains and buses will be leaving from the city and surrounds if you're not driving - 131500.com.au/events should hopefully have the info up soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just spoke with the footy club as i am about to get my tickets. They will be seated in section 142-1. The cost is a standard ticket which is $45.

Go Blues

is sitting with the cheer squad good? im assuming there nice people :p

Got my 4 x seats in EA 106-1, can't wait! hope there are a few blues fans in my area? Flights were expensive, but worth every penny. Havent seen a final live since tigers 2001 semi and I didnt want to wait another year if we didnt win!

Is there any good pubs/cafes in the vicinity? I like to get to the ground early but want to have a couple of relaxing drinks before it starts.

Would love to go but the bloody missus will kill me - daughter's 3rd b'day on Saturday and she still wont let me fly up on Sunday.

I haven't been to a Blues final since 2000 Prelim, missed the 2001 series as I was on a family holiday in Brisbane - bugger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion for those who bought tickets for Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back