Review Dogs Comeback Win Against The Pies, You Beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

Mihocek, Pendles, WHE, DeGoey, Mitchell, McStay, Elliott, Cox, Reef Mcinnes who has kicked 5 goals in his previous 2 games before his concussion, Joe Richards (been outstanding since debut and best 23 certainty at the moment) and McStay will be back round 19 or 20.

You don't understand footy if you think your losses hurt more. You replaced a 196 cm forward with a 205 cm forward. No change to your structure whatsoever. We had to completely reshuffle our line up to even have one tall (who isn't a forward in Frampton) in our forward line.

Our three first choice tall forwards and best small forward were out. Take your three talls out tonight and replace them with 185 cm players and see how you go.

Nine first choice players missing from any side is ridiculous and it took a brilliant game from your skipper to win it
You're boring me. Why must you bore me so?

It's intentional because he braced which is he made a choice. Peter Wright because he turned they graded it as intentional he ended up with 4. Luckily Maynard wasn't concussed but with how it looked and being late I think Sam is in pretty deep. Hope I'm wrong but we have never been particularly blessed when it comes to the tribunal

Webster got careless for lining up and wiping out Jy Simpkin. Intentional is pretty much reserved for striking. Careless, high contact, high impact is two weeks, which sounds about right.

If you must cry over spilt milk could you not just confine it to your board?
Adam Devine Hbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

Many on the pies board melting that the umps got us over the line.

What fking game were they watching
No melting here. Expected a very tough game tonight and thought our side did very well for 3 quarters. The Bullies took over at 3/4 time and never really gave us a chance. Umpiring not an issue at all. Just outplayed in the end. I've thought for a while that your mob has been a little underperformed (no offence) All the best going forward

Mihocek, Pendles, WHE, DeGoey, Mitchell, McStay, Elliott, Cox, Reef Mcinnes who has kicked 5 goals in his previous 2 games before his concussion, Joe Richards (been outstanding since debut and best 23 certainty at the moment) and McStay will be back round 19 or 20.

You don't understand footy if you think your losses hurt more. You replaced a 196 cm forward with a 205 cm forward. No change to your structure whatsoever. We had to completely reshuffle our line up to even have one tall (who isn't a forward in Frampton) in our forward line.

Our three first choice tall forwards and best small forward were out. Take your three talls out tonight and replace them with 185 cm players and see how you go.

Nine first choice players missing from any side is ridiculous and it took a brilliant game from your skipper to win it
LOL the old "you don't don't understand footy if you don't agree with my opinion" 🤣

Look mate, most people here have quite a high regard for the Collingwood footy club and even its fans, unlike our view of about 16 other clubs. Please go back to your own board so we don't have to reconsider how we feel about the Magpies.

The better team won tonight. Sh*t happens. Get over it and make sure you flog those Melbourne bastards next week.

Huge win.

Bont huge- best dogs player ever. We are lucky he is playing in our lifetime.

Treloar- seriously understated how good has been his form since coming to us. Is playing his best footy under Bevo.

Second week in a row where our next wave of players were impressive. Garcia has to keep getting increased midfield minutes. His break away speed is an asset.
Gags and Sanders are grinding away and are close to big games. O'Donnell's best game so far imo.

Forward line is slowly getting there. Still a mess at times- but still grinding out decent scores. JUH building nicely.

Still can't believe the Liam Jones we have now was the timid key forward wasting away in our forward line over a decade ago.

No melting here. Expected a very tough game tonight and thought our side did very well for 3 quarters. The Bullies took over at 3/4 time and never really gave us a chance. Umpiring not an issue at all. Just outplayed in the end. I've thought for a while that your mob has been a little underperformed (no offence) All the best going forward
Well, as DW mentioned, a few here enjoy watching your lot play and don't feel any particular angst towards your club/team. I/we wish you every possible success against Melbourne next week.

There were a lot of dummy spitters in the GDT weren't there?

I remember thinking at QT: I hope we find a way to turn this around and all those snowflakes who said 'I've had enough I'm turning the TV off' miss out on a famous victory. LOL I wonder if they did?

Now when I were a lad we used to stand on the terrace through 12 goal beltings at the Western Oval week after week in the freezing rain and wind. We'd be standing on empty steel beer cans, like, so we could see over the fat bastards in front of us. And we'd just have to be grateful for the small victories. Like some promising kid having his first game and getting a few touches before some Carlton thug laid him out cold.

True! (near enough)

But yer tell the young folk today and they won't believe yer.

I be honest, I'm one of those that has become a spoilt brat when it comes to us losing now because thanks to 2016 I have that expectation we'll win every week now.

I reckon as a kid I was full of optimism, now older and with a family now my tolerance and optimism
levels are very low compared to then (it's now pessimism) and that's a blind spot.

I stuck it out, but not going to lie I was flicking back and forward because sometimes I just get so anxious/frustrated it can be hard to watch.

Both a good thing and a bad thing that expectations on us are so high.

Might go back and rewatch Year of the Dogs over the weekend to get some perspective followed by a relaxed viewing of the last night's replay.

On top of the 6 quality dogs players listed out above, you can add Coffield to that who started the first two weeks for us and has been out injured since. Then losing Harmes and Laitham during the game, so looks like that's 9 players injured (and one down on the bench).

Agree then, 9 first choice players missing for the Dogs is ridiculous and they still ran over the top of the Pies in the end, impressive hey!

Funny GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With how we finished last week & this week despite being down to 2 & 3 on the bench - are we seeing this GWS fitness blokes impact now?
To be honest i have been waiting for it to kick in, took half a season for it to start working for the Giants

There were a lot of dummy spitters in the GDT weren't there?

I remember thinking at QT: I hope we find a way to turn this around and all those snowflakes who said 'I've had enough I'm turning the TV off' miss out on a famous victory. LOL I wonder if they did?

Now when I were a lad we used to stand on the terrace through 12 goal beltings at the Western Oval week after week in the freezing rain and wind. We'd be standing on empty steel beer cans, like, so we could see over the fat bastards in front of us. And we'd just have to be grateful for the small victories. Like some promising kid having his first game and getting a few touches before some Carlton thug laid him out cold.

True! (near enough)

But yer tell the young folk today and they won't believe yer.
How do you stand on beer cans without falling over?

Mitch Cleary reckons two weeks for Darcy

It shows what a joke the AFL has become, Now I'm expecting him to get weeks because others have gone for similar this season but why should he miss games when Maynard played out the game.

Also more of a joke that the player he flattened got no weeks for knocking out Brayshaw into retirement only 9 months ago.

The sport really does have a sniff of corruption about it.

Degoey 8 games, Mitchell 6, Elliott 8, Reef 6, Joe 3, none of them have played every game and you have not suddenly lost them, as compared to our players who play every game when available, Libba, Richards, Smith, Weightman, and Naughton.

As Bevo said, you were not missing any of your premiership backline players either. The quality was still out on the ground for Collingwood.

I feel most of us agree Darcy will have a chance to freshen up.
The one that's overlooked is Duryea, I'm genuinely unsure of this one.
He swung his arm back, definitely got Daicos on chin but it seemed negligible and he didn't throw with malice or intent.
Daicos milked it as he should and got free.
This one, I would let off or fine. But, wouldn't be surprised if he gets 1. Who knows with the MRO.

Imagine beating the reigning Premiers with all of Naughton, Richards, Libba, Weightman and Bailey Smith missing. That was the beat win we've had for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back