List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 #2: Rankine / Lukosius / Rozee / Hately, I'm knocking Woodcock out the box, daily!

Predict the Adelaide board's melt level after the draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but a bloke who was the best player the game has ever seen. And Wells has had a very disappointing career I think.
Anyway, long time ago.
I just didn't want him at the time as he was morally bankrupt

Either was too much. Plus another pick. For a bloke who couldn't lift his arms.

We won a preseason grand final against the Pies with him playing a key role. At the time it seemed like a decent decision.

Never been able to find footage of that final.

Fair enough. Personally I couldn’t care less what any sportsman does once the game is finished but I realise others do. Let’s say that as a footballer Wayne Carey was worth the risk of trading pick 4.
And after he kicked 4 in the first round we ALL thought he was worth it.

True. We missed by a year after the AFL world laughed at the Suns last year for giving up Pick 2 to Freo.
Yes and they laughed rightly, however in hindsight Weller 3rd in the B&F and Ballard (pick 41) part of the deal has proven to be a great pick up

Yes and they laughed rightly, however in hindsight Weller 3rd in the B&F and Ballard (pick 41) part of the deal has proven to be a great pick up
Helps when you've only got 4 decent players, and 3 of them aren't at the club anymore

I would never criticise the Suns for deciding on a strategy of giving overs to get players who want to be there and have high character and club loyalty. Weller ticked those boxes and they will reap the rewards of that policy long term.
I don’t believe you can pick and choose with that kind of policy though. It’s like setting strict rules for your kids only when it suits you. This year they should be identifying the 5 high level kids that are the most likely to be there in 10 years and invest their future in them.

Yes. I was in the same boat about all those three as you. I learnt slowly to back our Club.

But could you imagine what would happen if we managed to score pick 3 or pick 4 and overlooked Luko and Rankine for another kid lol.

The meltdown on this board would be awesome.
It would be tippet-esque

Anyone still think we will be trading into the top 4. Will Hately still be available at 8.

Anyone still think we will be trading into the top 4. Will Hately still be available at 8.
#4 is still a possibility ....but only if Gold Coast don't take Lukosius & Rankine with picks #2 & #3 .....if they are gone, we'll hold our picks

Hately will definitely be there at #8 ......but we won't take him at #8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but a bloke who was the best player the game has ever seen. And Wells has had a very disappointing career I think.
Anyway, long time ago.
The travesity, in hindsight, wasnt that we used pick 2 on Carey but we could have Pav instead. However, from memory we had a really promosing 2002 and Carey was said by many to be the missing to a premiership. I totally understand and agree with the afc's decision. When he publically pucked Adelaide we had to trade for him. Imagine the melts if we had had not went all in to trade in one of the greatest players the game has seen.

#4 is still a possibility ....but only if Gold Coast don't take Lukosius & Rankine with picks #2 & #3 .....if they are gone, we'll hold our picks

Hately will definitely be there at #8 ......but we won't take him at #8
So Port will get Rozee and Hately, two of the elite 4.

I'm a huge Connor Rozee fan but pick 3 is a big big reach just to keep 2 mates together. If your the Suns the 2nd scenario makes the most sense as it does for all involved.

I just dont see a pick swap happening in any other scenario. Doesn't mean we wont try though.

I don't think Rozee at 3 is a huge reach. Main reason being there are big question marks over 2 of the top 5 or so players in M King (injury) and Rankine (flight risk/drive/character).

This guide has Rozee's range as 3-5. I think draft machine has him at 3-8.

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/AFL-Draft-Central-2018-Draft-Guide.pdf

I think the Crows would only trade up to 3 for Lukosius, or 6 for Rozee/Rankine.

What does this imply?
tenor.gif

I don't think Rozee at 3 is a huge reach. Main reason being there are big question marks over 2 of the top 5 or so players in M King (injury) and Rankine (flight risk/drive/character).

This guide has Rozee's range as 3-5. I think draft machine has him at 3-8.

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/AFL-Draft-Central-2018-Draft-Guide.pdf

I think the Crows would only trade up to 3 for Lukosius, or 6 for Rozee/Rankine.

Rozee at 3 is as big a reach as Hateley at 8 and Hateley at 8 would be a stupid pick. Rozee is 5 at the absolute best and that's only cos Port want him bad.

Hately is a very safe bet to be available at 8. That said, I'd expect us to rate an interstate prospect as better due to Hatelys lack of speed and by all reports, ceiling.

Very much a 10-20 pick from what I understand. One of those you can put your house on giving 200+ games but is unlikely to push for AA's. That said, the one thing that does intrigue me with Hately is he isn't a true man child and could viably put on 6-8kgs without likely hindering his mobility.

It's hilarious that you think picks like 13 and 16 are "quantity".

Yes, they really are, and it's confirmed by all the players people keep listing that we've taken with teen picks to try and mentally justify it. Outside of Dangerfield and Talia, it's all good players at best, not elite players - if it were so easy to get elite players later in the draft, we'd have done it more often. We don't need a quantity of 200 game good players when we have the rare opportunity to get one elite player.

Yes, they really are, and it's confirmed by all the players people keep listing that we've taken with teen picks to try and mentally justify it. Outside of Dangerfield and Talia, it's all good players at best, not elite players - if it were so easy to get elite players later in the draft, we'd have done it more often. We don't need a quantity of 200 game good players when we have the rare opportunity to get one elite player.
And those you consider "elite" talents are?

For future reference of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back