Preview Draft Pick #18

Remove this Banner Ad

After being gob smacked by Rich sliding.......and then seeing exactly why after 2 years.......I freely admit I know nothing about drafting 18 y.o.'s, and in Wayne I trust.

........but Watson or Darling sound good.:D

Pykie's Isaac Smith video.

[youtube JRAnvngB1ag /youtube]

Davies' tackle on Smith in that package was brilliant.

Much better than Fisher at the 1min mark. .. I really like the look of Davies, not a star but seems to have the right attitude and definitely not a spud. .. We could do worse than pick up a taller KPD version of Davies with #18. .. Who that is? Hopefully WH knows. ..

like the look of issac smith, reminds me of kade simpson. looks really damaging with his pace, and has a long kick. maybe we should pick this kid up? already had a season playing with the bigger bodies in the VFL so could come in straight away

Have loved what I have seen from Smith, from the 4 or so games I've seen him in.

I personally wouldn't lose sleep if we took him at 18, but there will more than likely be players higher on WH's list that are available at that pick, so I can't see us taking him.

I would have no hesitation in taking him at 34 if he was still available. Having said that, I'd be quite surprised if he was around at that pick. If we managed to get him with that pick, I would be very pleased.

A case could probably be made for him going as high as pick 15 (Geelong), to be honest. If he is still available at pick 27, I expect the Roos to take him, given he's been playing with their VFL affiliate.

A very exciting player.

Going by the D&T board, Saad broke the an agility run record of some description. Boy I hope we rookie him - he's inconsistent, but he has talent - could definately secure him to on-trade him later down the track whilst applying some pressure on our current small forwards who aren't necessarily consistent themselves.

Just chatting to the Bullants trainers during the finals, they weren't too confident he'd be getting picked up at all. Supposedly he hadn't really cemented a place in the 1sts, but was getting in from time to time on talent alone. He would require a patient club to get the most out of him.

Going by the D&T board, Saad broke the an agility run record of some description.

He got third in the agility test at the draft combine BTP

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/104832/default.aspx

AFL RECRUITERS and talent scouts are still scratching their heads at the performance of Geelong Falcons forward Luke Dahlhaus in the agility test at the NAB AFL Draft Combine.

The other impressive times in the agility test were recorded by Northern Bullants small forward Ahmed Saad (7.89), Geelong Falcons defender Billie Smedts (7.90) and Michael Hutchinson from Queensland (7.95).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/104832/default.aspx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talls who are worth their salt will be gone by pick 18.

You can use that kind of logic with other pics as well.

It's a bit of a different kind of conundrum but the further down the draft you go, the more I want to hear smokies names being called out. The logic being that the further you go down, the more chance there is that the 'proven' players will be second or third rate. The hope is of finding players who have yet to reach their peak and have development left.

My mantra is that you can't find them if you don't look for them.

I tend to think somewhere between 15-40.

The upside is huge, but he hasn't played that much footy at a high level so is very much a risk-reward type selection. I wouldn't take him with our first rounder.

I wouldn't either. Plus we are selecting Buckley next year anyways, seems like a similar type of player.

God I hope Buckley doesn't get built up to be the second coming. So exciting what he may have to offer us but a Tom Hawkins style disappointment I don't need. Ultra negative?
I wasn't even sure he was going to be a top-10 pick - even with compromised drafts... Anyone care to enlighten?

I wasn't even sure he was going to be a top-10 pick - even with compromised drafts... Anyone care to enlighten?

A couple of mates have played against him and they said he is a freak except his mouth gets him into trouble.

Dont worry about that, next year recruiters will be saying he wouldve gone top 10 easy.

Imagine a kid who can get the pill 50 times a game, yet is able to use it efficiently.

Once he gets a bit more size, he will get alot more fierce like his old man.

Dominates school football like you wouldnt believe.

Reminds me of a Scott Pendlebury.

A couple of mates have played against him and they said he is a freak except his mouth gets him into trouble.

Told a younger mate of mine, to remove his glove.

The entire game he just said "Nice glove ******", "Im going to towel you up wheather you have that glove on or not".

Got 47 possessions and 3 goals that game :p.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Draft Pick #18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back