List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

This Anderson bloke is a joke, he has players rankings moving up and down as much as 14 positions based on zero, great imagination when a football hasn't been kicked in anger for several months.
He actually has a pretty good knowledge of the draftees but more importantly he gets a lot of inside info. Very similar to Emma Quayle in that regard. He's also all over trade period and often breaks a rumour before anyone else.

I'm not sure.

Players can be adjusted to play in positions they're not use to. So it's not a bad option. Matthew Boyd is an example of this.
Apart from Hartigan perhaps, our defensive unit looks pretty much set for a few years to my eye, I think it's up to CEY to cement a midfield spot next season or he's in a bit of trouble, Lyons has shown he has adequate forward skills to play a HFF but his speed is the worry on quick HBF's of whom there are quite a few, think the same applies with Lyons as CEY with the inclusion of Dean Gore and possibly a talented mid in this year's draft.

Last edited:

I really don't understand the mentality of talking down our good kids. I feel that we have some great talent coming through with the likes of Bob, Brother of Bob, Ratkins, Snake, Kinght e.c.t. Let them have a crack before you doom them.

It's not talking down, it's pouring reality on the tendency most people here have to vastly overrate our draftees. M Crouch is just an ordinary player. He finds a lot of the ball, but doesn't do enough with it, and doesn't do enough without it. He'll never be more than a B grader at absolute best, simply doesn't have the talent.

Grigg has one tool, a kick, and that's all, he's likely to be delisted without playing any further games - if he's not, it means this trade period has been a failure, as both of Seedsman and Hampton perform his role, but with much more talent and a bigger toolbox. Wigg will probably be gone end of year without having played any at all. What happens to Atkins, Lyons and CEY largely depends on what we draft this year and first round next year. M Crouch will stay, but he's not a walk up start, and provided we draft a genuinely talented inside mid, who develops properly - someone at an Ollie Wines level - he's likely to spend the next 3 years in and out of the side as injury cover at most.

I think this habit of rating of inside players based on how clean their outside game is just shows how lacking our outside players have been.

If crouch is in packs winning the hard ball and getting it out to smith/Hampton/atkins/seedsman then to me that's most of his job done.

If we're relying on the player at the bottom of the pack to get a well judged kick to the advantage of our forwards, then we've set up our minds in the wrong way.

Is like setting up for Hendo to win the contested ball, and complaining he's not getting contested possessions!

Apart from Hartigan perhaps, our defensive unit looks pretty much set for a few years to my eye, I think it's up to CEY to cement a midfield spot next season or he's in a bit of trouble, Lyons has shown he has adequate forward skills to play a HFF but his speed is the worry on quick on HBF's of whom there are quite a few, think the same applies with Lyons as CEY with the inclusion of Dean Gore and possibly a talented mid in this year's draft.

I agree with all of that.

But if CEY can add more variety to his game it will obviously increase his chances.

I love what I have seen of Matty Crouch and think he has a massive future with us.

He does. There's just a few regular glass half empties here flogging it up trying to prove their bullshit opinions on clearly talented young players are right, even when they know they're completely wrong. Very crow-mo ish.

He actually has a pretty good knowledge of the draftees but more importantly he gets a lot of inside info. Very similar to Emma Quayle in that regard. He's also all over trade period and often breaks a rumour before anyone else.
There's a big difference between your own assessment of players .......and the leaked assessment he gets a few days b4 the draft which makes him look good ......but in reality they're not his own thoughts :confused: ......isn't that called plagerism?

He does. There's just a few regular glass half empties here flogging it up trying to prove their bullshit opinions on clearly talented young players are right, even when they know they're completely wrong. Very crow-mo ish.

They're the same ones who were delirious when we drafted M.Crouch as a bargain

They're the same ones who were delirious when we drafted M.Crouch as a bargain

I think you'll find I've said from before that draft, when it was already blindingly obvious what we were planning to do, that for several reasons drafting him was a mistake.

I think you'll find I've said from before that draft, when it was already blindingly obvious what we were planning to do, that for several reasons drafting him was a mistake.
Wasn't aiming at you? ......wasn't taking notice of your discussions as i just came onto the board ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not talking down, it's pouring reality on the tendency most people here have to vastly overrate our draftees. M Crouch is just an ordinary player. He finds a lot of the ball, but doesn't do enough with it, and doesn't do enough without it. He'll never be more than a B grader at absolute best, simply doesn't have the talent.

Grigg has one tool, a kick, and that's all, he's likely to be delisted without playing any further games - if he's not, it means this trade period has been a failure, as both of Seedsman and Hampton perform his role, but with much more talent and a bigger toolbox. Wigg will probably be gone end of year without having played any at all. What happens to Atkins, Lyons and CEY largely depends on what we draft this year and first round next year. M Crouch will stay, but he's not a walk up start, and provided we draft a genuinely talented inside mid, who develops properly - someone at an Ollie Wines level - he's likely to spend the next 3 years in and out of the side as injury cover at most.
When it comes to our juniors it's like you are putting out a smoke butt, grinding them into nothing where they don't have a future.

You aren't even prepared to give these guys a go before ruling them out with your preference being getting more games into DMack.

Just so I'm not throwing shit your way for no good reason, You are the guy that constantly backs in the selections
Of V.B, Wright, and Twinkle toes aren't you?

Excuse the question, but I'm usually to drunk to take notice of who post what after games.

Just so I'm not throwing shit your way for no good reason, You are the guy that constantly backs in the selections
Of V.B, Wright, and Twinkle toes aren't you?

Excuse the question, but I'm usually to drunk to take notice of who post what after games.

Probably explains your inability to read or understand anything I've said.

Trading in Seedsman and Hampton should mean we never have to see Mackay again; I never wanted him in the side, and I've thought him not good enough for years - and posted about it - but my contention all year was that, due to shoddy list management, we had nobody available in the squad to fill his role, no matter how badly he was doing it.

Not so much. Named at CHB doesn't mean he played at CHB. There's no context. What round? Against who?

And the most important question: Do you have too much time on your hands?

If you had read the article it was 2012 preliminary final. Talia was out hurt (forearm).
Hawthorn was the opponent. As for the time aspect, probably after all I'm retired so looking up shit like this is fun.:)

I am surprised at the amount of posters on here who are experts who have obviously not only played the game at the highest level but coached and been at the forefront of talent identification and development. Cause if you haven't you are coming across as a complete negative tool bag whose making complete assessments based on a handful of games.

I'm thinking it's either going to be Milera and Hibberd, or Francis and Tucker now. Could go either way. I'd be happy with either combo.
Won't be Hibberd ....won't be Tucker at #13

Tucker is drifting (thankfully) ......and Hibberd probably end of first round

There will be an unexpected bolter ......have no idea who, but it'll push 1-2 down

As for my predictions, think we will get Milera and Balic. Not the best outcome possible, big fan of Francis, but quite good.
If you're going to take Balic, then surely you'd take Bonner first?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back