List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

This Anderson bloke is a joke, he has players rankings moving up and down as much as 14 positions based on zero, great imagination when a football hasn't been kicked in anger for several months.

It all depends on when he last updated his rankings. Could have been months ago before finals and combine hence the big shift in his thoughts.
Plus I gather you don't like him dropping Tucker down to 25 :p

This Anderson bloke is a joke, he has players rankings moving up and down as much as 14 positions based on zero, great imagination when a football hasn't been kicked in anger for several months.

Looks like the last update was September 2nd - so before the finals and combines.

"The completion of the 2015 season and the hectic trade period that we covered on TradeSENtral has allowed me some time to watch hours and hours of vision of games that I hadn’t previously seen – many from interstate, or replays of games that I watched live from the grandstand. That, coupled with the test results from the AFL Combine in October has seen a number of changes to my overall rankings with a few players rising and others falling."

http://www.sen.com.au/news/11-15/bretts-final-2015-afl-draft-big-board#OIsTJgFtbr6oFT5U.97

From reading a bit about him it looks like he was a recruiter for st kilda and melbourne.

Collins at 13 to be a shock pick ??
Not for me...
Edit : The fact that WW liked what I wrote makes me think maybe my post wasn't clear enough, I mean that would not be a shock to me if indeed we drafted Collins.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this habit of rating of inside players based on how clean their outside game is just shows how lacking our outside players have been.

If crouch is in packs winning the hard ball and getting it out to smith/Hampton/atkins/seedsman then to me that's most of his job done.

I don't think it's as simple as that, it's about whether a player slows down the flow of the ball by not sprinting and spreading when the contest is won. Not everyone can be the guy on his knees first in to every contest, sometimes even inside magnets need to receive.

I think crouch needs to work on his endurance and then work on using it. I am surprised this is so offensive to some people as I don't think it's controversial.

I think crouch needs to work on his endurance and then work on using it. I am surprised this is so offensive to some people as I don't think it's controversial.

And I would agree with you.
And I think this will be an area we see a marked improvement this year, provided he has an uninterrupted preseason. He started from a low base in 2014 and his 2015 preseason was interrupted by an ankle injury, so this is an area we can expect improvement.

I'm not saying he'll ever be vb, but there is no reason to suggest that he won't get a standard afl midfielders engine.

With luck this should also improve some of his sloppier efforts near the end of games.

I don't think it's as simple as that, it's about whether a player slows down the flow of the ball by not sprinting and spreading when the contest is won. Not everyone can be the guy on his knees first in to every contest, sometimes even inside magnets need to receive.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. I hope he does a Fyfe and works on some specific areas he can improve on.

Not for me...
Edit : The fact that WW liked what I wrote makes me think maybe my post wasn't clear enough, I mean that would not be a shock to me if indeed we drafted Collins.
Well .....that certainly cleared that matter up :confused:o_Oo_O

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back