List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it's as simple as that, it's about whether a player slows down the flow of the ball by not sprinting and spreading when the contest is won. Not everyone can be the guy on his knees first in to every contest, sometimes even inside magnets need to receive.

Exactly, its not as if these players leave the ground as soon as the stoppages are over, they need to offer something at other times, for example when we're setting up an attacking foray from the defensive 50. We need every member of this chain to be able to move to the right position quickly and efficiently to receive the footy and then choose the appropriate option and hit the target. We can't just rely on 2-3 "outside" players to do this.

Its been the strength of Hawthorn that they just so rarely miss a target by foot when bringing the ball through the corridor and they just don't miss kicks that go to dangerous parts of the ground. They don't just burn the footy when working their way through the flood, they systematically work their way through by hitting every target by foot, even their inside players.

....Wigg will probably be gone end of year without having played any at all.

You are brave going this early with a prediction of Wigg's immanent demise and departure. He came on late in the season. If that improvement continues he won't be going anywhere for quite some time. Watching his progress now will be even more interesting!

If you had read the article it was 2012 preliminary final. Talia was out hurt (forearm).
Hawthorn was the opponent. As for the time aspect, probably after all I'm retired so looking up shit like this is fun.:)
What article? There was no link.

But I remember the game well, as I'm sure most of us do. Rutten did a good job on Franklin and Luke Thompson had one of his best games shutting out Roughhead. Otten was also one of our better players, rebounding out of defence, not playing at CHB.

It's not talking down, it's pouring reality on the tendency most people here have to vastly overrate our draftees. M Crouch is just an ordinary player. He finds a lot of the ball, but doesn't do enough with it, and doesn't do enough without it. He'll never be more than a B grader at absolute best, simply doesn't have the talent.

Grigg has one tool, a kick, and that's all, he's likely to be delisted without playing any further games - if he's not, it means this trade period has been a failure, as both of Seedsman and Hampton perform his role, but with much more talent and a bigger toolbox. Wigg will probably be gone end of year without having played any at all. What happens to Atkins, Lyons and CEY largely depends on what we draft this year and first round next year. M Crouch will stay, but he's not a walk up start, and provided we draft a genuinely talented inside mid, who develops properly - someone at an Ollie Wines level - he's likely to spend the next 3 years in and out of the side as injury cover at most.
I'm overwhelmed by your positivity as always. However, you didn't hack on Knight or Snake yet? Waiting for more words of enlightenment.

I don't think it's as simple as that, it's about whether a player slows down the flow of the ball by not sprinting and spreading when the contest is won. Not everyone can be the guy on his knees first in to every contest, sometimes even inside magnets need to receive.
A la Thompson? ;)

Partington will be a v good sanfl player
Yeah I understand that position - but I see more in him than most. Dunno why. His attitude is very very mature. He is a country lad, with a passion for what he does. I reckon he would deliver a Sloane like level of commitment to the team on and off the field. Again this based on a very very shallow assessment.

I want guys like him in the Crows jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think 9 will be mckay/milera/francis
the way things are looking mckay will probably go before 9.
If the rumours of Carlton willing to take a punt on Burton are true, then there is a chance, albeit slight that McKay will be there for us at 9 and a remote chance that he will be there at 13.

My dream scenario is Francis and H. McKay.

im not convinced with that 'leaked info' regarding burton

If it is a plant it is a pretty desperate & sad attempt.

The guy has runs on the board and so I'm happy to accept that Carlton 'may' be considering that particular selection at 8. Doesn't mean they will, but I'm sure they are considering it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back