List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

"Head of football David Noble said the Crows have done their homework on Burton and given him the medical all-clear.

This included examining his body and medical records at last month’s AFL draft combine and watching him undertake a special medical test, alongside fellow key forward draft prospect, Victiorian Sam Weideman, in Melbourne last Wednesday.

“We’ve certainly done our homework on all of those (injured) guys,’’ Noble said.

“Ryan, being a local, and having had a bad injury we’ve looked at him very closely and cleared him medically.

“We’ve done our due diligence and he’s on our (prospective draft) list.’’

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/a...n-a-comeback-kid/story-fnia3xzy-1227619695748

While formally part of the draft, picks used on rookie upgrades are not being included in the AFL's draft order this year. If you look at the list on the AFL website, it only has us selecting two players.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...ubs-provisional-picks-as-trade-period-unfolds

They brought this in last year. Makes sense to me, cos they aren't really new draftees, so why include in the draft order.

Rookie list promotions are included among the compulsory minimum of three selections that each club must have at the draft, but the names of these players will not be formally read out at the draft.

Just a thought - if Burton gets drafted by us and turns into a star, could we send Lynch down back more often and play him as a rebounding defender? I know he's better up forward, but I fear if we draft Burton that we'll be too tall-heavy

Ok. Here it is. Couple of surprises. Personally I hope for Francis, Milera, Burton but think we'll only end up with Milera, and that's only if GC go with Ah Chee instead of Milera. Couldn't be bothered to do Academy picks. Wouldn't surprise to see Balic. Would surprise to see Curnow. Bonner the dark horse. Most unpredictable draft ever.

Carlton - Weitering
Brisbane - Schache
Melbourne - Francis
Essendon - Oliver
Essendon - Weidemann
GC - Ah Chee
Melbourne - Parish
Carlton - Harry McKay
Adelaide - Milera
GWS
Carlton - Curnow
Richmond - Burton
Adelaide - Collins
St. Kilda - Hibberd
Hawthorn - Rioli
GC - Tucker
North Melb - Gresham
Hawthorn - Bonner
Carlton- Mathieson
WB - Balic
WB - Ben McKay

Ok. Here it is. Couple of surprises. Personally I hope for Francis, Milera, Burton but think we'll only end up with Milera, and that's only if GC go with Ah Chee instead of Milera. Couldn't be bothered to do Academy picks. Wouldn't surprise to see Balic. Would surprise to see Curnow. Bonner the dark horse. Most unpredictable draft ever.

Carlton - Weitering
Brisbane - Schache
Melbourne - Francis
Essendon - Oliver
Essendon - Weidemann
GC - Ah Chee
Melbourne - Parish
Carlton - Harry McKay
Adelaide - Milera
GWS
Carlton - Curnow
Richmond - Burton
Adelaide - Collins
St. Kilda - Hibberd
Hawthorn - Rioli
GC - Tucker
North Melb - Gresham
Hawthorn - Bonner
Carlton- Mathieson
WB - Balic
WB - Ben McKay
I like Collins and personally reckon he has all the tools to end up a very solid KPD. Wouldn't be unhappy.

I wonder if Burton getting invited to the draft is Carlton's doing. I think we want similar players to Carlton, except they want Curnow and we don't and we want Burton and they don't. They are trying to convince us they want Burton so we take him with our first pick and we are trying to convince them we want Curnow so they take him with 8.

Having said that, AFC twitter doing some foreshadowing?

I wonder if Burton getting invited to the draft is Carlton's doing. I think we want similar players to Carlton, except they want Curnow and we don't and we want Burton and they don't. They are trying to convince us they want Burton so we take him with our first pick and we are trying to convince them we want Curnow so they take him with 8.

Having said that, AFC twitter doing some foreshadowing?

Skippos reckons it could well be the bombers making a play for him... don't think inside info, just his opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adequate compensation and what I expected to get for Dangerfield are 2 different things.

If there is some truth to what Melbourne offered last year, 2 picks inside the top 5 from memory would be adequate compensation.

Pick 9 and a 2nd round pick plus an untried player is not adequate compensation for someone rated in the top 5 of the AFL. It really isn't a hard equation to work out.

Now, what I expected to get in this trade period is a whole different kettle of fish because you then need to consider he was out of contract, he could have entered the draft and we could have got nothing.
In this scenario the club potentially got the best it thought it could get whilst negotiating with Geelong but the fact remains that the outcome of that trade is not adequate compensation for Dangerfield.

Give it away this has been rehashed over and over. IMO we were always going to be screwed. V would never have gone to Melbourne so that is a moot point. To walk away with picks and a player beats the sanctions any day of the week. Compo pick 14 equals no thanks to me. Let's just leave it alone and enjoy which 2 new players we get today and boo the Doggies and Pussies.

With the addition of Burton into the top 10, I feel much better about our chances of getting two high quality players... It's still a slim chance, but it's been eating pies.

There are quite a few games played between us and the Blues today. All shall be revealed by tonight. I say I will be surprised if we did draft Burton but will trust our crew if we do.

Either way, I am confident that we will get good players with both picks. I still would prefer a KPF and a midfielder and I still believe we will draft a KPP (whether a forward or defender) and a running player who will eventually play in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back