Drug innuendo: Post all comments here. Previous threads merged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What this all means....

True, but they shouldn't use that as an excuse. What those players do is unacceptable and should face suspensions of at least 12 months.

Suggesting that it would hinder the club is irrelevant, the fabric and reputation of the club is more important. If all these rumours are proved correct, then it wont really matter in the scheme of things (in regards to our reputation being tarnished), but we still need to set a precedent ...

More important things that just footy are at stake here for HFC ...

This day will be remembered for a very long time, and the next couple weeks will shape Hawthorn Football Club. I really dont think the boys can get up this weekend, their back is against the wall, the accused players involved would not be focused at all and I think their team mates would feel let down.

Is it just me or am i the only one who thinks today will be forgotten in a month? Is that naive of me?

No worse than the gambling thing.

But its time to step up Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell. Leadership time.

The one problem i have is Jeff Kennett who voluntarily put on record he thinks 1 strike should be it. We would lose 7 players this year, and be set back another 3-4 years because of it.

Why is he putting on public records these things that come back to bite us on the bum.

But he's said nothing wrong ...

At the time, most of us would have agreed with him. Just because it's our club in the spotlight right now, doesn't mean everything should be reconsidered.

He was right then and is right now - let's just wait and see what direction the club takes ...

Re: My fellow Hawthorn fans, how do you feel? ...

I'm actually feeling pretty damn anxious and insecure about the whole thing, to be honest. We're on the cusp of greatness atm, but all the crap that's been happening, and especially this, could almost see it all come crashing down around our ears....

We very much could face us set back as bad as Carlton was when their picks were stripped.

Inspired...
Hitting the "e" as we speak :D

On a serious note what is the sentence for a normal person who is caught by the police using rec drugs?

True, but they shouldn't use that as an excuse. What those players do is unacceptable and should face suspensions of at least 12 months.

Suggesting that it would hinder the club is irrelevant, the fabric and reputation of the club is more important. If all these rumours are proved correct, then it wont really matter in the scheme of things (in regards to our reputation being tarnished), but we still need to set a precedent ...

More important things that just footy are at stake here for HFC ...

the AFL has already set the parameters for what is acceptable and what is punishable. that is, you have to test positive twice. can't change the rules just because of the publicity and moral indignation. how would you feel if a law was passed tomorrow that administering a forum was considered illegal and anyone who has done so ever is to be punished? you wouldn't be happy, would you?

you have to apply the rules as they are and not alter them retrospectively as the circumstances suit...

Either way, we're shot.

Damed if we do, damned if we don't.

Delist the players? Shot in both the long and the short term - even allowing the players to be picked up by other clubs for their gain.

Keep the players and do nothing? Be publically humiliated by all and sundry in the AFL for our lax take on the situation.

Keep the players and do something? Will still never be able to get rid of the stigma of it all.

**** me.

LOL..you're really struggling with all this arn't you...Seeing as though you're in Sydney just head down to the Establishment and ask Davo the manager behind the bar to poor you a bombay tonic..

The reality is Philhawk, it really will be all swept under the carpet, remember the Cousins saga - all gone, Didak - gawn, Farmer - gawn, ...next week we'll all be talking about Buddy kicking 10 goals this week...

No player will be delisted or sacked , they havent broken any rules - it's 3 strikes remember - sure the club may delist a player if he was on the fringe but that's about it....

and when we win the flag we'll all be on the drugs.....

Go you mighty hawks

LOL..you're really struggling with all this arn't you...Seeing as though you're in Sydney just head down to the Establishment and ask Davo the manager behind the bar to poor you a bombay tonic..

The reality is Philhawk, it really will be all swept under the carpet, remember the Cousins saga - all gone, Didak - gawn, Farmer - gawn, ...next week we'll all be talking about Buddy kicking 10 goals this week...

No player will be delisted or sacked , they havent broken any rules - it's 3 strikes remember - sure the club may delist a player if he was on the fringe but that's about it....

Go you mighty hawks

If no one is sacked, Kennett will have to admitt that his original comments were harsh and he wasnt willing to follow them up when push came to shove, because he will be scrutinized publicly because of this.

Personally I just dont think the boys will be able to deal with media and will probably struggle on the park, I know people will compare them to West Coast but I just think the boys will struggle. I guess luckily these allegations come late in the season.

Go you mighty hawks

But that's just what's not on, mate (in my book).

From the 40th most important player to the 1st, we need to treat both the same in regards to this situation. We can't go delisting fringe players and putting others up on a pedastal if they're going to be rehabilitated.

Sure, i'm over-reacting (something I attribute to lack of sleep, lack of info in regards to this - thanks Sydney - and bloody Uni workload), but I still think this whole thing needs to be addressed properly.

For what it worth, my 2 cents on this whole issue

As long as it isnt the following:

1) Performance enhancing

2) Dealing

Then im personally ok with it.

I dont like ICE either. Makes people quite aggressive and nutso.

Have to remember
1) These notes are patient notes. Should be confidential. Why should anyone have the right to see them and publish them.

2) They are within the AFL policy

3) The club couldnt have known as that is the Policy.

Stuff it.

I say lets play football on Sunday and win.

- thats my thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its like 2:30 and I still can't go to sleep because Im so shattered/heart broken and guttered over it, I think that about sums it up. It just leaves you with that sinking feeling.

Re: Age article on the situation (25/8/07)

We'll have to wait and see, but obviously most people are probably like me and think that there is some truth in the story but that they can't help and feel a sense of skeptasism about this idea that sensitive documents are found in the gutter, she goes to hand them back, she can't get in so decides to ring channel 7. To me thats like finding a wallet, trying to hand it in to the police but finding they are shut, then a week later posting an ad in the paper that a wallet was found and the owner can have it back for the right price.

For what it worth, my 2 cents on this whole issue

As long as it isnt the following:

1) Performance enhancing

2) Dealing

Then im personally ok with it.

I dont like ICE either. Makes people quite aggressive and nutso.

Have to remember
1) These notes are patient notes. Should be confidential. Why should anyone have the right to see them and publish them.

2) They are within the AFL policy

3) The club couldnt have known as that is the Policy.

Stuff it.

I say lets play football on Sunday and win.

- thats my thoughts.

non-reactionary level-headedness. I like it... :thumbsu:

But that's just what's not on, mate (in my book).

From the 40th most important player to the 1st, we need to treat both the same in regards to this situation. We can't go delisting fringe players and putting others up on a pedastal if they're going to be rehabilitated.

Sure, i'm over-reacting (something I attribute to lack of sleep, lack of info in regards to this - thanks Sydney - and bloody Uni workload), but I still think this whole thing needs to be addressed properly.

Philhawk in a perfect world that would be the case and you would be 100% correct...unfortunately in the real world it's not the case..

Humans from day 1 have been treated differently for whatever reason , right or wrong, colour , race , religion, abilty, looks, smell, sex and the list goes on...take this forum as an example, you have privilidges that others don't, regardless of the reasons, merit or no merit - that is the way it is.

When making decisions on individuals performance be it work, sport whatever, quite often it is the measure of output that is often the deciding factor - in football terms it comes down to which player will give us greater output on the field.....harsh but true - if we have to choose between Hodgey and Murphy well.....sorry Tom

perhaps jeff should go on the attack and launch a massive Beyond Blue-style drugs assistance organisation and turn this whole thing into a PR positive...

remember the Cousins saga - all gone

personally i dont think it has gone. everytime he gets the ball he is booed.

As for your situation i think you will have to expect a similar crowd reaction from naive opposition supporters when/if these players are named.

I wonder if goldspink's wife was anywhere near ivanhoe today... :rolleyes::eek:;)

LMAO, that's the funniest thing i've heard today , then again its only a couple of hours old..

Cumon lads lets lift, we've got a game against the doggies this week and we'll shit it in...

i know i've made some bald statements about us winning the flag this year but i really think this will be a benefit to the club...

the lads are very close , hurting from last weeks events, a little annoyed about this weeks events, Clarko is a master of them v us type motivation, we're gunna come out breathing fire this week....

Nothing like galvanizing a group after a media bashing, i'm telling you i can see us all thanking channel 7 for this by years end.

Go Hawks

I'm actually feeling pretty damn anxious and insecure about the whole thing, to be honest. We're on the cusp of greatness atm, but all the crap that's been happening, and especially this, could almost see it all come crashing down around our ears....

Nah, You'll cop it for being a hawks supporter for well..ever, Caro will make herself wet (ugh.. Mod's should proberly ban me for saying that) thinking of new bollocks to write every week, same with Walls (maybe you guys are also evil). However, if it's like us (and there's no reason why it won't be) your on field performances shouldn't suffer, and it may even galvanise the club short term (ala us vs sydney rd1). You're not going anywhere soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back