Drug innuendo: Post all comments here. Previous threads merged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: To the woman who sold the story...

And if it was any other club, other than your own, you wouldn't do the same??

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

She sold it - that I have to deal with.

Coming out and saying that you did it to help the players - that I don't have to agree with. At least have the agates to say that you did it for the $$$$ or just shut up. If she did it to help the players surely she will be donating the cash to the clinic. Somehow I think not....

Re: What this all means....

Let's give it a rest until our club makes a statement rather than to continue firing up innuendo by incredulous media.

at this point in time the most important thing for the club is to support the players. it's all very well to take a moral stance and kick em out, but really you'd just be imposing a massive handicap upon yourselves that would sink the club for several years. nobody would thank the hawthorn board for this and it certainly would do little to actually stop the problem.

I'm pretty sure I'm not being hypocritical in saying that recreational drugs are an off field issue and should be dealt with as such. I said it in relation to cousins and I'll say it again here. that's no to say that I support drug taking. everyone has their struggles and weaknesses in life, and, for some people, recreational drugs is one of them. others have difficulty dealing with alcohol, some can't control their gambling.

people who have a problem with drugs need to be helped, not punished...

EXACTLY.

They aren't drug dealers who are criminals putting people's lives at risk.

They aren't cheats using performance enhancing drugs to gain an unfair advantage over the opposition.

They are kids who've made poor choices, and we all have friends in the same situation, who are basically risking their own long term health. Bllody stupid, but hardly worthy of the ridicule that comes with it. Remind how a zero policy will work - it won't stop this happening. Sacking seems the most negative response their could be to such a problem.

Re: Should Channel 7 run the story?

It is clearly a big story but just shows what the media is all about.

Medical records should not be published. Who now would have confidence going to get therapy or support.

The woman that sold the story did so purely to line her own bank account, full stop.

She is a dirty little parasite and no better than a common drug dealer in that she has taken advantage of the problems of others to make a fast buck.

I hope she dies a slow and painful death.

Nice to see that boards like this (run by unpaid volunteers) have managed to comply with regulations yet a certain media outlet (who under the circumstances should know better) has not bothered to clean up the mess

Drugs innuendo: No names please. Acceptable threads/posts will be landed here ....

Okay! The board is becoming cluttered on the drugs innuendo.

Any aspect you want to continue on about post it in this thread.

All previous threads on the issue are being merged to this one.

True, but they shouldn't use that as an excuse. What those players do is unacceptable and should face suspensions of at least 12 months

Couldn't disagree more Phil.

Drug dealers are criminals who should be punished to the full extent of the law.

These people, stupidly in the light of the amount of education, are guilty of poor choices that are putting their own lives at risk but just like with alcohol, all the education in the world isn't often enough. 3 Strikes seems about right for this problem in my opinion. People who suffer from this problem need every chance to rehabilitate. It is their lives at risk and instant dismissal seems to be a sure fire bet that any problem would only be compounded.

Wow, you guys are quick! Deleted in about 15 seconds. The club must be in damage control! Surely a PM cannot hurt?

For what it worth, my 2 cents on this whole issue

As long as it isnt the following:

1) Performance enhancing

2) Dealing

Then im personally ok with it.

I dont like ICE either. Makes people quite aggressive and nutso.

Have to remember
1) These notes are patient notes. Should be confidential. Why should anyone have the right to see them and publish them.

2) They are within the AFL policy

3) The club couldnt have known as that is the Policy.

Stuff it.

I say lets play football on Sunday and win.

- thats my thoughts.

100% agree. What I've been saying all along.

They aren't dealers or cheats. Some people can't make the distinction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, its the womans fault your club has a serious drug issue.

mban1257l.jpg

Re: Drugs innuendo: No names please. Acceptable threads/posts will be landed here ....

Okay! The board is becoming cluttered on the drugs innuendo.

Any aspect you want to continue on about post it in this thread.

All previous threads on the issue are being merged to this one.

Gary - given that you might have club contacts could you look at my pm to you ?

I think the club should be informed

Drug innuendo: Post all comments here.

All threads / posts to be merged with this one.

Post resonable comment here. Any trolls or defamatory remarks will be deleted.

The woman that sold the story did so purely to line her own bank account, full stop.

She is a dirty little parasite and no better than a common drug dealer in that she has taken advantage of the problems of others to make a fast buck.

I hope she dies a slow and painful death.

Grow up!

Look at the source of the problem. If anything how did the file get in the street? So much for confidentiality....

But still, saying she is no better than a drug dealer is childish and disgraceful.

Your club and it's players should take a hard look, not the girl that brought it to light.

Grow up!

Look at the source of the problem. If anything how did the file get in the street? So much for confidentiality....

But still, saying she is no better than a drug dealer is childish and disgraceful.

Your club and it's players should take a hard look, not the girl that brought it to light.

As should your club and it's players. Drug taking and salary cap cheating have been rife at your club over the years. Perhaps you and Gandaal should re-assess your holier than thou attitude. The only difference between hawthorn, WCE and every other club is that the dirty laundry has been exposed.

F**k off Gandaal you parasite.

Carlton have had both this problem and salary cap cheating problems. Your holier than thou attitude isn't welcome here.
Tough.

Hawthorn has a problem. Lynching some women just because she brought it to light, or bagging other clubs supporters for things that happened to their club half a decade ago isn't going to change that. That said it's good to see that Hawthorn aren't just ignoring the issue and are offering their player help however, even if they didn't announce it publically.

BTW I don't think you can bag Carlton for the way we handled our problem. As soon as we found out about it we sacked one player involved, demanded the other make some lifestyle changes if he wanted to continue with the club, offered both professional counselling and immediately informed the media. I feel nothing but pride for the way our club handled an issue that every club in the AFL would be facing, not just the Hawks and Eagles.

too many people already know which club and which players are involved.

it will all come out. simply serves as a reminder that drug use is goes on at ALL afl clubs.

AFL should NEVER NEVER NEVER have introduced testing for non-performance enhancing drugs. no one to blame but themselves.

Tough.

Hawthorn has a problem. Lynching some women just because she brought it to light, or bagging other clubs supporters for things that happened to their club half a decade ago isn't going to change that. That said it's good to see that Hawthorn aren't just ignoring the issue and are offering their player help however, even if they didn't announce it publically.

BTW I don't think you can bag Carlton for the way we handled our problem. As soon as we found out about it we sacked one player involved, demanded the other make some lifestyle changes if he wanted to continue with the club, offered both professional counselling and immediately informed the media. I feel nothing but pride for the way our club handled an issue that every club in the AFL would be facing, not just the Hawks and Eagles.

I'm not refering to how your club handled the problems (although they were the cause of the cap cheating), I'm refering to your attitude. It is just plain stupidty to take it as a Hawthorn problem only. It's league wide, it's just that our players have been exposed on this occassion. FWIW - I don't think it is an issue for the clubs or AFL at all. They aren't dealers or cheats. They should receive nothing but help from the footbll community. Any punishment should be dealt with by the police and the courts if they are found guilty.

Re: Drugs innuendo: No names please. Acceptable threads/posts will be landed here ....

Gary - given that you might have club contacts could you look at my pm to you ?

I think the club should be informed

Will do. Pessi.

Thanks.

That female who sold the story is a parasite. She should be alientated about all her drug problems in the media, if she wants to hang other dity laundry out to dry then that slapper should laso follow suit. I mean which news reporter pays money for a file found on the side of hte street. I could write somthing up and sell it to channel 7 sayings its a clubs medical file and put a few names of club medico's on it (just get the names form the websites).

I mean people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones and thats what the slapper of a lady has done. I hope channel 7 news executives and dylan howard sleep better tonight, knowing they have ruined the career of some players and the integrity of a champion club, but are happy to feed the drug addiction of another mole!

hope she burns in hell.

Just a funny observation on human behaviour. I bet a lot people here would have been coming down hard on cousins in the past and making fun of West Coast and their drug problems. All of a sudden to these people think players taking drugs is not that bad.

I am not critising Hawthorn. It is just interesting of the "it's funny until it happens to you." behaviour. It happens a lot in politics as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back