Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

[/b]

For Carlton it would.:mad:

Kerr + our 3rd for Garlett and Armfield.

Or Kerr for Lucas straight swap.

Kerr is abit injury prone and getting older. We would be crazy to give up some young players for him. Carazzo is a high possession getter and would suit the Eagles game plan.

Kerr is abit injury prone and getting older. We would be crazy to give up some young players for him. Carazzo is a high possession getter and would suit the Eagles game plan.

We Have a game plan? na im all for it. mainly coz i just wanna see judd and kerr play together again. if you got cousins from richmond aswell i'd let you take kerr for free.

Yep Shuey is who North would want in return. Eagles would only consider this if the kid wanted to go home but then again that applies to Swallow as well.

People need to understand that for any trades to get a decent ex WA player to the Eagles that player would need to want to come home and request a trade from his club.

Shuey will be very, very good. Kid doesn't even think about which foot to kick off, he just does it. Not many AFL footballer kick goals from the 50m arc on their non prefered side and he is meticulous in his training and preparation.

I agree with your comments regarding Shuey, but I can't see North agreeing to a straight swap.

Swallow is presently a safer bet to become an elite midfielder.

If Kerr played for Carlton he would dominate surrounded by Judd,Murphy and Gibbs , and what would we get in return carazzo?.. nah

If Kerr can play good footy for the next 2-3 years and greatly improve the chance of you winning the flag then he is worth trading for afaic.

If Kerr played for Carlton he would dominate surrounded by Judd,Murphy and Gibbs , and what would we get in return carazzo?.. nah

If Kerr can play good footy for the next 2-3 years and greatly improve the chance of you winning the flag then its a good trade afaic.

Cant see us giving up a lot now that he's been out for pretty much the whole season, and is getting on a bit.

What do you think the eagles would want?

We Have a game plan? na im all for it. mainly coz i just wanna see judd and kerr play together again. if you got cousins from richmond aswell i'd let you take kerr for free.

That would be awesome then all we would need is a quality full forward and like magic we would have another premiership cup appear before our eyes.

its a possibility but doubtful. i don't think geelong would really look at kerr for some reason. they probly should tho even without abblett they would be premiership contenders still with the likes of chapman, selwood and bartel still running round the midfield add kerr and it would still be dominant as hell. i think geelong is more likely to go for cox. they are lacking a really good reliable ruckman like the hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with your comments regarding Shuey, but I can't see North agreeing to a straight swap.

Swallow is presently a safer bet to become an elite midfielder.

Agree a straight swap wouldn't be fair for Norths, Shuey has great potential but Swallow has delivered already.

Maybe an Ash Smith, McKinely or 2nd rounder would be needed along with Shuey.

i like so many eagles supporters wouldnt even do a direct swap for swallow. swallow is a little bit of a plodder inside mid and doesnt quite have shueys potential. obviously this will seem ridiculous to most supporters especially those outside of wce as swallow is by far a more established player but the man love for shuey here is of the charts. it may sound ridiculous and probably is but just about the only players i would trade shuey for would be jack R, buddy, martin, scully, maybe s hill and maybe rich. obviously this would and should never happen

How about Kerr to Geelong if Ablett goes to Gold Coast?

I wouldn't say no if it wasn't expensive however the reality is we need another quality ruckman far more than we need a quality midfielder, where we have plenty of depth.

Cox would probably cost your first pick + stokes.

I'd do that.

I wouldn't part with Cox for that. If Geelong wanted Cox, WC should get Geelong to arrange other deals so as to get what's required.

I wouldn't take Stokes in any offering.

Why wouldn't you want Stokes?

And what would be required?

It's important to note that any trade would be far more likely to involve a player than picks (in addition to 26) because a) even if we tried to upgrade 26 in a year like this clubs won't part with higher picks to get that done and b) salary cap.

So I reckon if it's any chance it's 26 + player, but happy to hear your thoughts on it.

I'd do that.

Why wouldn't you want Stokes?

And what would be required?

It's important to note that any trade would be far more likely to involve a player than picks (in addition to 26) because a) even if we tried to upgrade 26 in a year like this clubs won't part with higher picks to get that done and b) salary cap.

So I reckon if it's any chance it's 26 + player, but happy to hear your thoughts on it.

stokes got arrested for cocaine. thats a path the eagles management will not go down again. varcoe would be an option for eagles but i hear he is untradeable for you guys. Mitch duncan is a wa boy. i reckon duncan and 26 would have a serious chance at getting through.

Cox & Kerr for Varcoe and Pick25? You might not be able to fit them in the salary cap though..but what a team you would have. Probably the best ever.

C: Corey Selwood Bartel
Foll: Cox Kerr Ablett

stokes got arrested for cocaine. thats a path the eagles management will not go down again. varcoe would be an option for eagles but i hear he is untradeable for you guys. Mitch duncan is a wa boy. i reckon duncan and 26 would have a serious chance at getting through.

Fair enough. I just suggested Stokes because we have really good depth (and thus can afford to trade) in small forwards so I would suggest if we wanted Cox Stokes and Byrnes would be the first two players on the tradeable list. Varcoe wouldn't because the coaches love both him and his brother and so there's no way that would happen (I'm not saying I wouldn't consider it, but I know they wouldn't).

Duncan is also a problem, simply because the club is still so angry over Mumford that I can't see us shipping his replacement out as well. Having said that I concede that would be a fair deal.

The only other option to throw into this discussion is if we get another pick from wherever Blake potentially tries to go do, that could change the landscape. Otherwise I think it might be hard to get a deal done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back