Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey eDPS, Pie 4 Life and Draft Potential did any of you watch the Murray game last weekend? (ok I know Pie 4 Life did).

Keen to follow the fortunes Lachlan Ash this year. My pick for the Brisbane Lions man crush, as we need another good user of the footy coming out of defence. Has he looked to have improved from last year? How's his contested work? How's his speed or lack of speed?

Edit: Pie 4 Life just listened to your player focus on the Final Siren podcast. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Hey eDPS, Pie 4 Life and Draft Potential did any of you watch the Murray game last weekend? (ok I know Pie 4 Life did).

Keen to follow the fortunes Lachlan Ash this year. My pick for the Brisbane Lions man crush, as we need another good user of the footy coming out of defence. Has he looked to have improved from last year? How's his contested work? How's his speed or lack of speed?
He has speed for sure he atleast looks quick, contested ability is the main thing I want to see because he has mostly been used as an outside player.

Last edited:

Edit: Pie 4 Life just listened to your player focus on the Final Siren podcast. :thumbsu:

Ash was one of my personal favourite last year, so I have high hopes for him this year.

Ash was one of my personal favourite last year, so I have high hopes for him this year.
I have high hopes for him as Hodge replacement next year. Not a like for like replacement, but Noah Answerth to the back pocket to do a shut down role on teams dangerous small forwards, and Ash on to a HBF opposite Witherden on the other.

Last edited:
You might have seen more of him than me, I don't see Hodge in him, but that would be great if he has that ability.
No, not saying he plays like Hodge. Saying we’ll have position in the back line to fill because Hodge retires at the end of the season, and we need a running defender more than we need another Hodge type.

The first rolling mock draft for this year will happen most likely after next weekend, will most likely feature more vic players at this stage until I’m able to see more of the interstate players.

This is something I always have the most fun with so if anyone wants to get in early for what types they want for their club go for it.

The first rolling mock draft for this year will happen most likely after next weekend, will most likely feature more vic players at this stage until I’m able to see more of the interstate players.

This is something I always have the most fun with so if anyone wants to get in early for what types they want for their club go for it.
GC need mids and fwds - Rowell, Kemp, O'Neil, Williams

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember, Collingwood's pick belongs to Brisbane, so hopefully they lose to the Eagles. Lachlan Ash if there a bouts please.

Our major needs at this stage are a general defender with some toe, a HBF with leg speed, and possibly another small forward/mid. So Will Gould or Sam Flanders as alternatives if Ash is off the board by "our" pick.

p.s. Gold also have Brisbane's first rounder. Brisbane have Gold Coasts second rounder if you're going that deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember, Collingwood's pick belongs to Brisbane, so hopefully they lose to the Eagles. Lachlan Ash if there a bouts please.

Our major needs at this stage are a general defender with some toe, a HBF with leg speed, and possibly another small forward/mid. So Will Gould or Sam Flanders as alternatives if Ash is off the board by "our" pick.

p.s. Gold also have Brisbane's first rounder. Brisbane have Gold Coasts second rounder if you're going that deep.
As usual I’ll be using Lore for her awesome draft order thingy so no need to worry on who has what picks and if there is a problem blame her :p

I didn’t expect them to lose by that much although Sandringham have always been my favourite to win this years premiership.

Kemp is my favourite of the 3 and I was disappointed with the Calder coaches for keeping him forward despite the margin, watched him kill it in the midfield in a practise match so not sure why they didn’t try him there or atleast more up the ground.
Kemp gets a wrap but Browning seems to be favoured by Cannons coaches. They seem to have played their favourites in preferred positions for the last four to five years and not where some of them should of been playing.

Its back, very rough for the first time as usual, plenty of players i wanted to showcase but just dont think they suited certain clubs at that stage.

eDPS Rolling Mock Draft
08/04/2019

View attachment 650883
Just going to say, if we some how have a pick that low, and we miss out on Sam Flanders by one pick, I would cry and possibly through a shoe at the tv, and then to pass on Caleb Serong.

I know I have said we need a defender or two, but I'm not sure if Will Gould is the type we need. We would have a very tall defensive unit, with four defenders over the 190cm mark.

On unrelated note, I wouldn't be surprised if Noah Answerth is the first of our 2018 draftees to debut this year. The club has been pretty open about how highly rated he is.

Just going to say, if we some how have a pick that low, and we miss out on Sam Flanders by one pick, I would cry and possibly through a shoe at the tv, and then to pass on Caleb Serong.

I know I have said we need a defender or two, but I'm not sure if Will Gould is the type we need. We would have a very tall defensive unit, with four defenders over the 190cm mark.

On unrelated note, I wouldn't be surprised if Noah Answerth is the first of our 2018 draftees to debut this year. The club has been pretty open about how highly rated he is.
It was because of you that I picked Gould ahead of Serong I actually had him there and then remembered you said you wanted a defender haha

It was because of you that I picked Gould ahead of Serong I actually had him there and then remembered you said you wanted a defender haha
Just my personal opinion, we have two needs.

1) A half back flanker who can take an intercept mark and break lines at speed rebounding the ball. We have a very slow back six, and have moved Zac Bailey back to offer that fast, running rebound, but he was towelled up pretty bad on the weekend by Connor Rozee. We're set for tall and medium/tall defenders, we need genuine run and carry that scares opposition teams. Or a very good user of the football who can break lines with his kicking (why I've been high on Lachlan Ash)

2) A second classy inside/outside who can also kick goals. We have loaded up on young contested mids in recent drafts, but need another classy mid to pair with McCluggage. Again a mid who can break lines with his speed, skill or vision. He'll probably start his career on the bench playing a small forward/mid role.

I know you are going on current ladder spots, but I'm thinking we may not be sitting on pick 16. We are far more likely to be sitting in the Sharp range of the draft.

We are also very much in need of small/medium forwards. Good pace, goal smarts, midfield as a second job.

Who would be on that short-list?

I am well aware there is a brissie lions draft page BUT.. would love Gould, we seem to get towelled up by those mid sized De Goey types foward, and you can never have to many classy ball users off hb, would also free Richy up to play closer to goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back