Phantom Draft eDPS Rankings & Draft Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all it’s been a minute, inspired by the comeback of PMBangers I’ve decided to return with a thread once again.

Now I can’t say I’ll have as much informed opinion as previous years with other commitments preventing me going to as many live games but i still try to find time to watch footage to keep informed.

Don’t expect any fancy pants rankings visuals this time around also with the nature of my current role sorry if i can only give vague replies from time to time.

My top 30 as of July
View attachment 2055764

Top 30 as of September
View attachment 2118675
Brisbane is getting an absolute bargain with Levi at 6 easily best player in the draft

He isn’t at 6 anymore but I wouldn’t say he is easily the best
Would you still take Jagga at 1? I get the stuff to like about him - no denying he’s a ball magnet - but his hurt factor? He feels more like a Matt Crouch type career. Lots of touches - questionable long term impact. I just feel like he may get found out and has less tricks available if/when he does?

Would you still take Jagga at 1? I get the stuff to like about him - no denying he’s a ball magnet - but his hurt factor? He feels more like a Matt Crouch type career. Lots of touches - questionable long term impact. I just feel like he may get found out and has less tricks available if/when he does?
He can hurt you for sure, he is very clean by hand and has great stoppage craft. His impact is winning the ball at the source and distributing cleanly and with composure which often buys time for the teammate he releases.

He can hurt you for sure, he is very clean by hand and has great stoppage craft. His impact is winning the ball at the source and distributing cleanly and with composure which often buys time for the teammate he releases.
Spot on, I think Jagga’s value in the medium term really depends on the team. A team like West Coast with a poor ruckman and midfield would benefit enormously once Jagga is fit and strong enough to play in there. I’d love him at 3 if available.

A team like Melbourne with a dominant ruckman and good midfield would put less value on him because they are already able to win and extract the footy. The beauty of the top end of the draft is that the mids are all not too far away from each other in terms of ability, but that ability comes in very different forms.

Prototypical small forward for hok ball. High impact and high intensity work ethic. Bombers will need to pay up.

Kako is rocketing up the boards. Top ten locked now. He’s a jet.

Missed large chunk of second half of season, didn’t play finals and didn’t test at combine

He has mysteriously risen in value despite not playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best ball users and best runners/speed?

Ones somewhat around our picks is possible 😂
I’ll do 5 players I consider from 10 onwards

Ball Users
Xavier Lindsay
Murphy Reid
Joe Berry
Harvey Langford
Jesse Dattoli

Runners/Speed
Tobie Travaglia
Isaac Kako
Joe Berry
Ollie Hannaford
Jasper Alger

Someone just a bit later than them who is in both categories is Will Hayes from Claremont, very outside but quick and skillful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll do 5 players I consider from 10 onwards

Ball Users
Xavier Lindsay
Murphy Reid
Joe Berry
Harvey Langford
Jesse Dattoli

Runners/Speed
Tobie Travaglia
Isaac Kako
Joe Berry
Ollie Hannaford
Jasper Alger

Someone just a bit later than them who is in both categories is Will Hayes from Claremont, very outside but quick and skillful

What do you make of Travaglia's 20m sprint time at the combine? I agree, I think he looks like he carries speed around the ground well, but 3.186 is pretty terrible. An off day? or is he someone who consistently takes a while to hit top speed, but is hard to catch once he does?

Remove this Banner Ad

Phantom Draft eDPS Rankings & Draft Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back