Phantom Draft eDPS Rankings & Draft Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Once the combine invites become public I plan to make up a strengths and weaknesses list for all the key position prospects. Plenty to them are hard to separate on talent so I can hopefully make it easier for those who want a certain type of tall.
I’m going to hate watching footy after doing all this, it’s gonna take awhile but damn if your all not going to get the most thorough evaluations of these players. At this early stage of viewing I wouldn’t have any of the players as top 10 calibre but still certainly see atleast a few very good traits from the pool.

I’m going to hate watching footy after doing all this, it’s gonna take awhile but damn if your all not going to get the most thorough evaluations of these players. At this early stage of viewing I wouldn’t have any of the players as top 10 calibre but still certainly see atleast a few very good traits from the pool.
taps foot waiting :p

I got down to Bundoora for the double header there on Sunday. These where the players to go up in my estimation from the day

Alix Tauru
James Barrat
Elwood Peckett
Ben Hopkins
Riak Andrew

A lot of the other top prospects played to their normal ability or a bit less. Matt Whitlock started well but got a calf related injury and Jobe Shanahan had a tough day with Riak Andrew getting the better of him this time around. The windy conditions didn’t suit the talls but Alix Tauru dominated the air down back.

Watching back vision to check out the key forwards has actually done more for my evaluation of some smaller players I didn’t give enough credit too early in the year. Jesse Dattoli and Cody Anderson for example where much better than I remember in the early games, Dattoli is honestly in the mix for top 20 for me now.

Watching back vision to check out the key forwards has actually done more for my evaluation of some smaller players I didn’t give enough credit too early in the year. Jesse Dattoli and Cody Anderson for example where much better than I remember in the early games, Dattoli is honestly in the mix for top 20 for me now.
Do you see Dattoli making it close to goal at AFL level or is he a half-forward/midfielder?

Do you see Dattoli making it close to goal at AFL level or is he a half-forward/midfielder?
I think he could play anywhere really, showed at champs he would also play on a wing to a strong level. He is very clean overhead and at ground level and very composed so I could even see him playing half back and play a Sheezel style role

I got down to Bundoora for the double header there on Sunday. These where the players to go up in my estimation from the day

Alix Tauru
James Barrat
Elwood Peckett
Ben Hopkins
Riak Andrew

A lot of the other top prospects played to their normal ability or a bit less. Matt Whitlock started well but got a calf related injury and Jobe Shanahan had a tough day with Riak Andrew getting the better of him this time around. The windy conditions didn’t suit the talls but Alix Tauru dominated the air down back.
Glad someone is getting on board. Thought the battle he had with Jobe Shanahan was the pick of the match. Langford, Hynes to much class for a lack of depth Pio's side

Out of interest, what's peaked your opinion on Hopkins? Suspected 4 clubs last year were very interested but nothing eventuated according to my guy at his local junior/senior club (Langwarrin FC)

Glad someone is getting on board. Thought the battle he had with Jobe Shanahan was the pick of the match. Langford, Hynes to much class for a lack of depth Pio's side

Out of interest, what's peaked your opinion on Hopkins? Suspected 4 clubs last year were very interested but nothing eventuated according to my guy at his local junior/senior club (Langwarrin FC)
I like Andrew ahead of his draft year but he didn’t come on as hoped, still has a lot to work on with his kicking technique

Hopkins was very class of half back, was composed and balanced attack and defence really well and intercepted pretty well too.

I like Andrew ahead of his draft year but he didn’t come on as hoped, still has a lot to work on with his kicking technique

Hopkins was very class of half back, was composed and balanced attack and defence really well and intercepted pretty well too.
Andrew's athletic profile is too good to ignore. Is he Melbourne NGA? will be a steal with who ever takes the chance. I think its a good probability

I do like Hopkins. what are your thoughts on the Rays chances of going all the way? top end talent is good as any but they fall away imho

Andrew's athletic profile is too good to ignore. Is he Melbourne NGA? will be a steal with who ever takes the chance. I think its a good probability

I do like Hopkins. what are your thoughts on the Rays chances of going all the way? top end talent is good as any but they fall away imho
Yep, Melbourne NGA kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Phantom Draft eDPS Rankings & Draft Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back