conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I'll leave the other delistings along for now, and just open up discussion on this issue.

IMHO, Torney had a far superior year to Tyson Edwards, who is clearly slowing down.

Considering the need to give our younger midfielders gametime, why was Torney cut, yet Edwards stay on our list?

I'll leave the other delistings along for now, and just open up discussion on this issue.

IMHO, Torney had a far superior year to Tyson Edwards, who is clearly slowing down.

Considering the need to give our younger midfielders gametime, why was Torney cut, yet Edwards stay on our list?

We can less afford to lose a ballwinning midfield player? hes contracted still?
I`d say 2008 will be Edwards final year.
been one of the most important players to our side for years

yeah can't argue edwards was a liability at times this yr. torney's problem is he plays on a hbf usually and that's where we will blood some youngsters. Edwards plays in the guts.

torney would have every right to feel hard done by. I reckon he'll get picked up by someone.

whilst I think Torney really unlucky, this is harsh. Edwards a great of the club, came 4th in B&F, 32 touches in last game v Hawthorn, marked against himself he might have declined slightly but still capable of good footy in 08 (mind you so is Torney) I'll cut some players before both of these guys

Jericho
Campbell
Doughty

I think Edwards might play a bit as a small marking forward in 08 the irony of that comment is that it would mean our best two marking forwards (him and Porps) would both be <5'10

I reckon m23 is spot on, douglas and vince need to play midfield, even Porplizia should be given a go if he gets fit enough. Whose spots do douglas and vince now take? If Douglas doesnt establish himself this year odds are he will want to go home as well. That would mean another first round draft pick wasted.

Jericho.... what's the attraction?

How long has he been on the list... 4-5 years?

What has he done?

Jericho.... what's the attraction?

How long has he been on the list... 4-5 years?

What has he done?

4 years until now with next year being his 5th year.

What you have to understand bus is that it's club rules to always have a Jericho type on the list. ;)

Matthew Smith held this honour for 5 years, having taken over from Ben Marsh.

Ahhhhh, Jericho ... the very name warms the cockles of your heart. :)

What you have to understand bus is that it's club rules to always have a Jericho type on the list. ;)

Jericho = the Mark Bolton of the Adelaide Football Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldnt it be sweet if jehrico has an absolute blinder of a year in 2008? Im not holding my breath though.

We've been saying this for 4 years.

He could..... Oh but he might........ He hopefully will toughen up......play him up forward..........on the wing....... off half-back.

Nothings worked, he's still a squib and for some reason he's still on the ****ing list. Get rid of him already.

I think next year is Luke's 6th year on our list. He got drafted in 2002. Sheesh!

With a username like that, your call is not surprising. Yes, Edwards is on the decline but although I feel for Torney, he is the sort of player the club needed to move on to refresh the group. Suddenly, I'm looking forward to 2008. We could have another seven teenagers on our list, plus Symes and Moran, to add to the untruied 2006 batch of Tippet, Mackay and Sellar. Throw in blokes like Griffin, Douglas, Porps, Vince, Knights, vB and that's a pretty large group of young players to mix with some good older hands. No reason why we can't remain very competitive.

Imagine what Pfeiffer must be thinking of being delisted and Jericho keeping his spot;

"So my problem was that I liked to have a drink a bit too much...? My football was looking very good, my hardness on the field wasn't questioned... A guy whose been on the list for five years and is soft stays on the list... but I party too much?"

Delisting Edwards would be moronic.

But Torney shouldn't have gone either.

As I say - it looks like a hard decision, but hiding behind the 'age' factor makes it an easy one.

No way could you consider delisting Edwards. He has only missed 2 games through injury in the past two years and is always consistent - more of this from other players would have helped the team during 2007.

But I still feel the most for Torney of the players let go - it would have been the hardest decision.

i can not believe that people would evan contemplate delisting edwards a club champion who has 3 years left in him and has never had injury pronblems. he is still one of the best midfielders i the league

i can not believe that people would evan contemplate delisting edwards a club champion who has 3 years left in him and has never had injury pronblems. he is still one of the best midfielders i the league

I don't know about that... I'd say 1 year left and I wouldn't say he is in the top 10 best midfielders in the league.

I would definitely consider it (with the future of the AFC in mind) as we really need to see Douglas and co in the midfield. But in the end i would probably keep him and play him off HBF or off the bench.

IMO Douglas has the potential to be a far better player than Edwards

towards the end of the 2006 season Douglas was playing well. 2007 was pretty quiet though so hopefully 2008 is his year. i also reckon we should have played more young blokes in the midfield this year.

towards the end of the 2006 season Douglas was playing well. 2007 was pretty quiet though so hopefully 2008 is his year. i also reckon we should have played more young blokes in the midfield this year.

I really hope Dougie can play 22 games next year. In the few games he played this season, he really showed something. I also saw him play for Glenelg throughout the SANFL finals, and he was great for them.

You are right with the first bit and wrong with the second.

He just had bad ankles during the year which held him back a bit.

Anyone who suggests he should have been axed has NFI. :thumbsdown:

Whilst I have mentioned several times this year that Edwards' disposal hasn't been up to his high standard, there is no way he should be traded. He is still a very handy & versatile player, who I would like to play more up forward in 2008.

Torney rightly can feel hard done by. The more I think about, I think we should have given him another year & paid out Doughty's contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Edwards should have gone before Torney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back