AFL Autopsy Elimination Final: Loss to the Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Game played on their terms from the opening bounce. Intercept marks, intensity, easy transition. As good a training session for them as one would like.

Too many players ball watch and corral while the opposition hunts and tackles as the default option.

Long way away. Need another mini rebuild. Trade Hurley, Zaka get some more young talent in.

What i wouldnt do for a Gaff or Yeo

Talking WCE players, Jack Redden fast moved up the punchable players list after his diving and theatrics tonight. Utter farce the acting he was putting on on two occasions.
Sad part is, he can play football and doesn’t need to do stupid shit like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game played on their terms from the opening bounce. Intercept marks, intensity, easy transition. As good a training session for them as one would like.

Too many players ball watch and corral while the opposition hunts and tackles as the default option.

Long way away. Need another mini rebuild. Trade Hurley, Zaka get some more young talent in.

We can get all the young talent in the world, sadly our development pathways are worse than our efforts tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiel was hugely disappointing.

We overpaid.
I’m going to defend him here.

Our midfielders give him absolutely zero support. No shepharding or blocking, you don’t see that nearly as much with the good teams’ best players i.e. Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Martin, they general have far more space. Not putting Shiel in their league but using as example.

Myers at his best (5 games maybe! Lol) provided said support.

Nic Nat and Hurn played injured, Kennedy a niggle in training.

Injuries were no excuse.

Four of ours need surgery. Hurn was fine and so was Kennedy.

No excuse but a fact that 5 were clearly injured

Shiel was hugely disappointing.

We overpaid.

The bloke couldn’t hit planet earth with a kick

Too busy kicking it to the opposition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t remember if I posted about it earlier in the year, but my pass mark for this year was finish top 6 (which I was willing to overlook with a win tonight), win a final and go undefeated against C*****n.

Failed season. Failed decade.

Time to go, John.

I’m going to defend him here.

Our midfielders give him absolutely zero support. No shepharding or blocking, you don’t see that nearly as much with the good teams’ best players i.e. Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Martin, they general have far more space. Not putting Shiel in their league but using as example.

Myers at his best (5 games maybe! Lol) provided said support.
Does Shiel really need Myers running 3m behind him so he doesn't **** up a kick?

McGrath, Saad, Redman, Ambrose, Snelling all had a crack.

Someone else mentioned it earlier but our gut running particularly defensive it absolutely deplorable, downhill skiers if you like. On the plus side I don’t think Parish will ever fumble and burn the pill again like that.

Francis great, Hooker injured/slow and needs to solely play forward from tonight onwards. Hurls injured and honestly doesn’t compete aerially anymore anyway.

No more playing injured players and if you can’t deliver the ball and execute basic skills enjoy the VFL

Am I wrong in thinking that the entire club needs a re-branding?

New coach, new leaders, new ****ing logo. We STINK of failure right now. We don't accept mediocrity, we embrace it. The club is rotten. Big changes needed this off-season. Another list is going to go to waste.

I knew we'd lose but we barely put up a fight for 3 quarters. Pathetic culture at this club.

Jesus blue supporters are flogs!, hope your mod also banned his account

As a neutral, I really believe first you need to find a new list manager and identify what is an Essendon Man ? Then go balls deep in the draft, even if it means your in the bottom part of the ladder for a number of years, at least you will get elite kids in that will fit, what an Essendon Man is. Once that's done you can seriously start getting sustained success.

I have been where you blokes are now, false dawns, knowing there was really quality in the list but they were surrounded by to many poor players, so when yo are not "on" you get exposed. you also get mired mid table so cant inject young kids in.

Truck is quality, as is blake BUT they will be wasted , if you dont right now identify what type of player/standards are suitable to wear the sash. The silver lining, Blake as well as truck were there when we did that in 2015-17. Keep your heads up, it will turn.

Should have blown the siren after McGrath's 1st goal of the game. But seriously as it has been mentioned it comes down to personnel. We just arent good enough all round. Simple as that.

Am I wrong in thinking that the entire clubs needs a rebranding?

New coach, new leaders, new ****ing logo. We STINK of failure right now. We don't accept mediocrity, we embrace it. The club is rotten. Big changes needed this off-season. Another list is going to go to waste.

I knew we'd lose but we barely put up a fight for 3 quarters. Pathetic culture at this club.
Don’t blame the club. The people within it have forgotten what it stands for.

Aside from Ambrose, is their any other Essendon player who enjoys contact? WCE have 8-10 player who love a wrestle or grappling. We are soft and tonight tried to avoid contact.

My ratings for tonight
Dyson Heppell 8
Andrew McGrath 8
Dylan Shiel 5
Zach Merrett 6
Aaron Francis 7
Darcy Parish 4
Adam Saad 8
Conor Mckeena 4
Patrick Ambrose 6
Kyle Langford 4
Tom Bellchambers 4