No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any concern that Scott has afl intel that could be used to benefit *?

For example (hypothetical only) we were looking to sort Harry's contract. We came back with our best offer but with Scott's knowledge of our current salary cap position * we're able to blow us out of the water.

Seems a bit dodgy that the afl general manager of football can go directly back into a club situation (I thought the same thing with hocking). Personally think that it should be a condition of taking thr afl manager of football position that there should be a clause written in saying that you have to take 6 months gardening leave at the end of your tenure.

meh, there's a salary cap - any club can offer what they want to players but need to fit into the salary cap. Whatever any club offers someone like Harry would be a fair bit more than what we offer him anyway. Doesnt matter what Scott knows or doesnt know about our cap or what harry is on

I think the opposite. Incredibly below average list. Their youth cops a 10-15% ability tax in the media due to playing for *.

Nic Cox is a prime example. Despite not doing too much remarkable he found himself as the RS favourite mid season purely from * media such as Lloydy.

Waiting for their B&F results. Doubt that there will be many aged 24 and under in the top 10.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree, moat overrated list in the comp.

Most vanilla midfield in the comp. Plenty of receivers but not many who impact on getting the ball or stop the opposition from getting it.

Ridley is o.k. but a good third defender. Without him they have no kpd. Wright is tall and will kick goals against teams without tall defenders and none against teams that do. X factor is stringer who's football skills are declining to the extent that they will soon match his personal skills.

Hard no to their list for mine.

meh, there's a salary cap - any club can offer what they want to players but need to fit into the salary cap. Whatever any club offers someone like Harry would be a fair bit more than what we offer him anyway. Doesnt matter what Scott knows or doesnt know about our cap or what harry is on
So you see no issues with an afl insider with knowledge that no one else does that can help one of our bitter rivals.

You may need to change your user name to "contented".

You've changed man.

100% agree.

Only need to see what happened at Norf when he left to appreciate how good B Scott is.

Would have much preferred they resurrected The Golden Child to sink themselves even further into the mire ;););););)

Funny how history changes with the passing of time.

When B Scott started in 2010, he had a fairly decent team. They performed reasonably in line with that, over-performed to get to prelims (in which they were uncompetitive), though they did have some of the easiest draws known to man.

When HE gutted the team at the end of 2016, they went to crap as expected and were crap under he was sacked in 2019 (and continue to be crap).

So all we can say is he can do okay with a decent team. There is no evidence he can polish a turd into gold.

And recent evidence, in regards to how he managed the umpires, is that he is a moron.

So you see no issues with an afl insider with knowledge that no one else does that can help one of our bitter rivals.

You may need to change your user name to "contented".

You've changed man.

But we will only offer what we want/can offer - if another club blows us out of the water and we cant convince him to stay then so be it. As i said, clubs would need to offer a fair bit more to Harry to get him to leave carlton, essendon included.

Same goes for any player getting targeted as a trade. And clubs basically know how other clubs are situated in relation to their salary cap, players out of contract, potential offers etc. Same as managers

non issue for mine

But we will only offer what we want/can offer - if another club blows us out of the water and we cant convince him to stay then so be it. As i said, clubs would need to offer a fair bit more to Harry to get him to leave carlton, essendon included.

Same goes for any player getting targeted as a trade. And clubs basically know how other clubs are situated in relation to their salary cap, players out of contract, potential offers etc. Same as managers

non issue for mine
Harry was a hypothetical.

Say we offered 5 @ $950k

Scott knows that were at our limit with that and instructs dodoro to go to $1.2 mill per year but front end at $1.8 mill year 1 because they've heard that Harry wants to set himself up by buying a great house this year whilst prices are declining. Harry says yes.

It's not the offering more that's the issue but the knowledge that we can't front end that would hurt us.

Not saying that it will happen because in this instance I don't believe that it will. But it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Say we offered 5 @ $950k

Scott knows that were at our limit with that and instructs dodoro to go to $1.2 mill per year but front end at $1.8 mill year 1 because they've heard that Harry wants to set himself up by buying a great house this year whilst prices are declining. Harry says yes.

It's not the offering more that's the issue but the knowledge that we can't front end that would hurt us.

Not saying that it will happen because in this instance I don't believe that it will. But it shouldn't be allowed to happen.
The managers know.
Scott isn't going to have some insightful knowledge of other clubs' salaries that is going to give * an undue advantage.

Say we offered 5 @ $950k

If the bombers had room to offer more upfront, they would already be doing so, with or without scott (why wouldnt they - thats how we got most of our trades/free agents)

again, non issue for me

The managers know.
Scott isn't going to have some insightful knowledge of other clubs' salaries that is going to give * an undue advantage.
But there are all sorts of things that he might know.

Another example is that there might be a prospective rule change that he is aware of that might change who you would draft.

My point is in business a ceo would not be allowed to leave a position and go to a new role immediatrlywhere knowledge from his previous role MAY benefit his new employee to the potential detriment of his competition.

This should be no different.

I'm not sure if i'm missing something, but Brad hasn't been involved at club land since midway through 2019.
The game has changed alot since then, and I would have thought it be more prudent to get someone who has been more active at the coalface.

I'm not sure if i'm missing something, but Brad hasn't been involved at club land since midway through 2019.
The game has changed alot since then, and I would have thought it be more prudent to get someone who has been more active at the coalface.
It's Essendon making the decision.....you aren't missing anything

It's Essendon making the decision.....you aren't missing anything

It's just odd with alot of people on social media, including people who don't follow Essendon thinking this is a good appointment.
I'm not sure i'd be too happy if we appointed someone who hadn't been at an AFL club for the best part of 3.5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just odd with alot of people on social media, including people who don't follow Essendon thinking this is a good appointment.
I'm not sure i'd be too happy if we appointed someone who hadn't been at an AFL club for the best part of 3.5 years.
Maybe Jordan Lewis and Wallsy sabotaged from within

Wait. Is this not a joke?

Not a joke.

Scenes :laughv1:

Fd34xZ0agAEUjvK

Fd33RkjVEAAJ4e_

Brad Scott could be as great as Norm Smith, Ron Barassi, David Parkin, Allan Jeans all rolled into one - but he won’t stand a chance at * whilst this plonker and the rest of the cultist Hird Kool Aiders are around.

Really not sure whether to laugh or cry, but I’m leaning more towards rolling about on the floor in cataclysmic fits of laughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back