No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slobbo, Sheedy, and Hird have failed... now we see Slobbos public vocal pleas that the board could overrule the panels recommendation was planned amongst those 3. Sheedy was never going against Hird and the goal was to attempt to change the rest of the boards mind.

The next year or so moves will be made for Sheedy to try to gain control internally breaking them down more into total dysfunction.

Delicious

155b74ec04fcaecc336cdd870f8f4054.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“I got 2 years max to make finals or Sheedys going to undermine me”

This.

There will be just so, so much pressure on Scott if they're not good immediately. And I'm talking, top 4 good. He's forever going to be compared to Hird, who (regardless of actual achievement as a coach) would've been top 2 every season if he was just allowed to coach if you go by Sheedy.

He's on a bit of a hiding to nothing. They've proven themselves to be vulnerable to the media, and now the media will swing upon every result; they win, top 4 on offer, imagine the buzz of Essendon playing a big final at the G; they lose, did they pick the wrong coach, Hird is still keen, Sheedy refuses to rule out parachuting Hird into the box, there's rumblings at board level. It almost doesn't matter what he does as coach, they're going to have their knives out for him inside 3 seasons if they don't see success quickly.

Winning a final next season mightn't even be enough.

I reckon there are at least 2 things going for Scott. 1, he strikes me as a grumpy, take no prisoners type of person who can stand up to some of the shite... 2, he's probably seen the dark brown file in the back of the AFL with details of the drug scandal, and would know where some of the bodies are buried... I think the real question is, can he coach, and will he get the best out of the group (players, other coaches, footy dept)?

In 2 months Sheedy has been directly responsible for the coup detat if the club President, resulting in nearly half the board (including former players he coached) to quit, just so he could get the coach sacked.

Will the full intent of having his personal choice of coach installed as some kind of cult puppet, only to see the club appoint someone else after actually going through a process and accepting a panel's recommendation....that included Robert Walls.

Robert Walls has won the feud. He has made Sheedy untenable at Essendon.

155b74ec04fcaecc336cdd870f8f4054.jpg

a32745d20a4c4f6f938a0b8a68db4498.jpg

“The image was uploaded to Shutterstock with the caption: "Disloyal man walking with his girlfriend and looking amazed at another seductive girl."[4] Regarding the copyright status of this image, Guillem has stated that his images "are subject to copyright laws and the license agreements of the microstock agencies. It's not allowed to use any image without purchasing the proper license in any possible way, so each one of the people that use the images without the license are doing it illegally. This is not the thing that really worries us, as they are just a group of people doing it in good faith, and we are not going to take any action, except for the extreme cases in which this good faith doesn't exist."[5]

Yep. I would say the image was used in good faith here. 😂

Big drop from CEO at a massive bank to CEO of a football club

Be lucky to earn 1/10th of what he was pulling in previously

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big drop from senior executive at a massive bank to CEO of a football club

No bank will ever touch him ever again! Lucky he didn't end up driving Ubereats.

Welcome Andrew. Appropriate fit...

To be fair Thorburn was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got beaten up by the Royal Commission because of the nab chairman’s (ken Henry’s) arrogance.

To be fair Thorburn was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got beaten up by the Royal Commission because of the nab chairman’s (ken Henry’s) arrogance.
So, what you're saying that like everyone else at Essendon, it's never his fault?

Kevin Sheedy to start a motion to get Thorburn back to NAB.

Alan Hird having a dip at hawks in HUN.

Demanding an inquiry into untested allegations.

Pity he wasn’t so demanding when * were injecting players offsite with substances (“we don’t know what they were injected with but we know they were not prohibited”) while his son was leading the club :p:p:p:p

Alan Hird having a dip at hawks in HUN.

Demanding an inquiry into untested allegations.

Pity he wasn’t so demanding when * were injecting players offsite with substances (“we don’t know what they were injected with but we know they were not prohibited”) while his son was leading the club :p:p:p:p
Why would the HUN ask Alan Hird anything about a club outside of *?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back