No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Australia, Essendon got away with facilitating a regime that took illegal performance enhancing drugs, but offending the LGBTQI community may be a bridge too far.

;):p
Don't worry, AFL's best marketing Guru, Sheed's, will smooth it all over by creating and promoting a * V Swans Gay Pride block buster at the G game to co-inside with the Sydney mardi Gra. Problem solved. :cool:

Am I the only person who couldn't particularly give a s**t if their CEO is a Christian homophobic nut?
Well... I don't particularly care about how * chooses to run their club. But I wouldn't like it at my club.

Consider the AFLW side. I don't know the numbers, but you can expect to see a significantly higher percentage of AFLW players in same-sex relationships than what you would see in general society (same for most sports). How would they feel having an avowed homophobe as CEO?

Well... I don't particularly care about how * chooses to run their club. But I wouldn't like it at my club.

Consider the AFLW side. I don't know the numbers, but you can expect to see a significantly higher percentage of AFLW players in same-sex relationships than what you would see in general society (same for most sports). How would they feel having an avowed homophobe as CEO?
Is he a homophobe?

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is he a homophobe?

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Fair question. I don't know, do you? But I was answering the question that Jeremias posed:
"Am I the only person who couldn't particularly give a s**t if their CEO is a Christian homophobic nut?"

I understand that isn't a purely rhetorical question, but perhaps consider that when given an opportunity to state his views on homosexuality today, Thorburn chose to prevaricate. Have a look at the language he uses:

As much as he says he treats employees fairly, he doesn't go as far as to state his personal views. And he invites us to judge him on his actions. One of those actions is a choice to belong (and not only belong, but to take on a high-ranking position as chairman of the board), in a church that has espoused homophobic views and supported conversion "therapy".

As usual * don't get the optics. They were a Brad Scott away from re-appointing Hird the other week as well. He may well be a qualified CEO to perform the core duties required and be successful at it, the challenge here is the man is tainted by association for a few of the roles he carries or has carried and in such a public position you have to wonder why * continually puts their foot in their mouth.

As usual * don't get the optics. They were a Brad Scott away from re-appointing Hird the other week as well. He may well be a qualified CEO to perform the core duties required and be successful at it, the challenge here is the man is tainted by association for a few of the roles he carries or has carried and in such a public position you have to wonder why * continually puts their foot in their mouth.
Cult is as Cult does.

Best McGrath has polled is 5th in 2020, 6th in 2019.
Too put it bluntly, that is poor. Like I mentioned, * aren't oozing with stars to beat out for votes either. Jeez, Guelfi just placed and Snelling did last season I believe.

Taranto was shipped to the Tigers for 2 first round picks. I doubt a club would entertain much more than a late first for McGrath.

He's a bust...simple.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 3 Lol GIF by The Office

Australia will tolerate a lot of things like taking illegal performance enhancing drugs - but don’t go offending the LGBTQI community 🤣

It wasn't just that mate, his church's views on abortions and autonomy on women's rights was bad enough.

Andrew Thorburn’s position is already untenable and he will probably get removed from it soon. This has caused a huge controversy that not even * would be thick enough to keep him on as the CEO.

Although they were thick enough to hire him in the first place. So anything is possible with that disgusting club.

Do I win anything? 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back