Preview FACEOFF – Round 10 – Carlton Blues vs. Mighty Adelaide Crows, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Must win. Weagles going down gives us an opportunity to work into the 8 and redeem our season. We can only lose 4-5 more games, this can't be one of them.

Dominant performance should be acheivable here.
This is a huge game that could give us some momentum.

This season is really open with only top 3 standing out. The middle half team are evenly balanced & opportunity is there if we start taking our chances.

Lose against the blues & we are playing catchup & in for a mediocre season.

Ah forgot about North getting flogged on Friday. Get some big percentage tmrw and we're in the 8. Amazing year this year how everyone is so shit.

Given Essendon's woes, I'd say the current top 10 now are the only teams in with a shot of top 8.

Port, Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney will definitely make it.

I'd be shocked if WC did.

That leaves 5 into 4 between Collingwood, Gold Coast, Fremantle, North Melbourne, Adelaide.

I'm tipping Gold Coast to finish 9th.

Given Essendon's woes, I'd say the current top 10 now are the only teams in with a shot of top 8.

That leaves 5 into 4 between Collingwood, Gold Coast, Fremantle, North Melbourne, Adelaide.

If we play to our ability we will make the finals as we are good enough.

Miss the finals would be underachieving.

Let's see if the players really want it which means playing like the pies game every week!

GC are in a much better position than us. We really have to start to find some consistency and play like we have something to play for as we did against collingwood. I don't think WC will make it but our game against GC will be critical in determine who will take 8th spot.

Martin sub I reckon
Not sure. Sando loves it when everyone plays their role. Martin's was very clear the last few times he's played. Run like a mother****er down the other wing. Does it very very well. Spreads the defense and creates an option if they don't.
Not sure who will do it if not him.

If we play to our ability we will make the finals as we are good enough.

Miss the finals would be underachieving.

Let's see if the players really want it which means playing like the pies game every week!
If Crows actually maintain a near full side i.e. with Henderson and Crouch and Otten and Lynch back in, and with a few weeks under their belts to get up to speed with their form, that's when Crows will play their best footy. Can't see that happening until about round 16-17-18. If we are around the 8 and the team stays/gets healthy, according to the losses some of the lauded teams have had, Crows would then be capable of beating any side….and losing to any side in the mean time.

Today I'd be ecstatic with anything larger than a 1point win. In fact I'd take a 1point win.

Last edited:

Geez, GC are likely to be 7 and 2 after today. From there to 9th is a big fall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, GC are likely to be 7 and 2 after today. From there to 9th is a big fall.
I'm not saying it will happen but their games after today will sort them out for where they stand..

GC play:
Adelaide at AO
Sydney at Metricon
West Coast in Perth
Geelong at Metricon
Hawks in Tassie
Collingwood at Metricon

Few easier games after that with a couple of harder ones in between..

Margin will by 5 points.
Since I moved to Adelaide, all 3 games I've travelled interstate for have resulted in 5 point games.

I just don't know which way it'll go.
finals, we're 0-2, while in the home and away season we're 1-0. So using that logic, we win.
Or the other way, at the MCG we're 0-2, while away from there we're 1-0. Using that logic, we lose.

But the game will by a 5 point margin.

Those 3 games were the SF in 2009, Swans in 12 and PF in 12.
Hate to say I told you so, but, I told you so.

Actually I understand the game more than most.
You're looking at players on their ability, not on team balance.

Arguing for Lynch in this current team is like arguing Stuart Macgill to be best XI in the mid90s-early 00s.

On pure skill, yes, he deserves to be in the team.
But on team balance you start to ruin the balance. Lynch is pushing the limit to go too tall up forward. Macgill was pushing the limit of too many spinners.

Personally, I like Lynch, I like him more than Jenkins and JPod. But I look at the structure.
Lynch isn't going to be taking Jenkins' spot, so why bother that comparison.
Lynch isn't going to be beating out Walker, so why bother contemplating that.
He could replace Podsially, but with his current form, Lynch isn't replacing him.

He's not at the Douglas level yet where he can just come straight into the team once fit.

We've finally found a perfect mix vs Collingwood, so there will be zero changes this week for Carlton.

And if he comes in, the club needs to maintain team balance.

Look, I think he's better than Jenkins..... By a lot..... But we can't go Out: Jenkins, In: Lynch as it stuffs up team balance.

Skill = Lynch IS Best 22
Team Balance = Lynch is NOT Best 22.

Top 25 easily
Top 22? Extremely unlikely
Top 21? NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Going through this thread to figure out how we lost a game that might cost us finals, and i find these, absolute gold!

All time worst call ever dirty bird

For me, we lost this game for one reason. The move of Jpod to the backline.

A serious question, if Mckernan or LJ had put up the same performance as the Jpod this game, would they have ended up anywhere but the SANFL the following week?

For me, we lost this game for one reason. The move of Jpod to the backline.

A serious question, if Mckernan or LJ had put up the same performance as the Jpod this game, would they have ended up anywhere but the SANFL the following week?

Ok this is borderline irrational right now.

There are many factors we lost this, and yes, i do agree the Rutten sub played a part... but how about kicking accurately. We converted 38.4% of our shots into goals (this doesn't factor in balls that didn't make it, or out of bounds).

Could argue also we were on the downer from a big win, Carlton were up for this having a retirement etc etc.

To blame a loss purely on one event is pure lunacy (and even then, i blame our poor conversion moreso then anything else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview FACEOFF – Round 10 – Carlton Blues vs. Mighty Adelaide Crows, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back