Remove this Banner Ad

Raz right now:
the wolf of wall street GIF

Due to this support i am encouraged to just be me and move on

Thankyou all

Cheers to you all and have a drink on me

I am BACK !
Love it, mate.

And thank you for creating conversation about something that many of us don’t talk about but often feel. Only means that us Fremantle fans are from all walks of life but want one goal for the club: a premiership.

I think I'll take some time out from BigFooty myself and re-assess my life too. I've had so many ups & downs, and frankly - more downs than ups. I feel like "obsessing" over your team winning its major title/trophy or whatever, trying to instill belief that Freo will one day ascend the mountain, etc. Ya yada ya.

It's just too consuming. I'm tired. I'm mentally just very tired and need to focus on things that actually make me happy. It's certainly not my job, currently. I've been sucked back into a f***ing whirlpool there, and it's on me to a degree for not doing better with my life; but I can see EVERYTHING that's wrong there and am powerless to do anything about it. The world has changed, especially since Covid. People seem more hostile, less engaged and connected with one another. I've gone backwards as a consequence.

I went back to an old work place (against my will) because my wife and I NEEDED to be able to apply for a loan for a mortgage (the good old death pledge) and our home business wasn't going to cut it, and I found myself in a slightly darker place mentally than I wish to be. The first night I was there with my wife, we sat on a break in near-astonishment as 5 others sat there just staring at their phones and didn't even acknowledge us (it was obvious we were 'new', even though years earlier we'd worked there before..). That's how insular, weird and techno-obsessed this world has become, and I can't stand it. Although, admittedly I'm more a lone-wolf myself than not, but I was horrified to be blunt. I couldn't have felt less welcome, but I had further problems beyond that. I won't divulge, because then it just feels like a dumping whinge-fest. It's just time for me to go back in my box. And get the f*** out of there.

I really hope that Freo win it one day (soon!) and shove it right up their Vic-centric asses, but it always feels like a huge mountain the club has to climb compared to anyone else. A murderous travel schedule, players getting suspended when others get off etc, a draft where concessions and father/son/academy prospects go to other clubs more so than we ever had handed out.....it's just, I can't live vicariously through others achieving something that might make me feel good on a whimsy, 2nd guessing if this is the year and convincing myself it is. I just don't have that energy anymore after my wife's cancer, Covid and the fallout in my family. I remember watching United win the treble in 1999 with my dad and my Uncle and my dog Mandy. It was a great feeling, a perfect day, but the bubble felt like it burst when we stepped into a pub singing and the few old w***ery blokes that were there said some snide comments...of course we were jubilant and ignored it, but somehow...I never forgot. I also hated how everyone just glared at us for daring to bring our happiness into their miserable world. Truly.

Well shortly after, our dog was gone (tumors). And since 2017 I don't speak with my Dad and haven't heard from my Uncle because he's aligned with my "dad".

I'm responsible for myself now and my own well being. It's not working for me.

I apologize for "highjacking" Raz's thread (I hope you're going better now mate..) but this seemed like the appropriate place to "vent" or let off steam. And what's furthermore, when the team loses and everyone's at each other's throat, it just doesn't feel pleasant to be around or immersed in - especially when you're beset by your own personal problems outside this bubble. I get it (and accept it), everyone's passionate and invested (in some cases TOO much!), but everyone gets so snide and personal on the Internet these days, and I'd rather now not imbue my daily existences with it. Everyone has to god damn be right "hey look - I just won my 5th Internet argument for the day!". Good for you.

I'm just so tired of it. Of it all. I need to focus on me. Sorry for the self-indulgent ramble, take it easy peeps - I've enjoyed engaging with.......most of you! Hopefully I'll come back, but I want to do so on better terms.

But right now, football and its 'exhausting' highs and lows are just not that important to me. Take care of each other

I think I'll take some time out from BigFooty myself and re-assess my life too. I've had so many ups & downs, and frankly - more downs than ups. I feel like "obsessing" over your team winning its major title/trophy or whatever, trying to instill belief that Freo will one day ascend the mountain, etc. Ya yada ya.

It's just too consuming. I'm tired. I'm mentally just very tired and need to focus on things that actually make me happy. It's certainly not my job, currently. I've been sucked back into a f***ing whirlpool there, and it's on me to a degree for not doing better with my life; but I can see EVERYTHING that's wrong there and am powerless to do anything about it. The world has changed, especially since Covid. People seem more hostile, less engaged and connected with one another. I've gone backwards as a consequence.

I went back to an old work place (against my will) because my wife and I NEEDED to be able to apply for a loan for a mortgage (the good old death pledge) and our home business wasn't going to cut it, and I found myself in a slightly darker place mentally than I wish to be. The first night I was there with my wife, we sat on a break in near-astonishment as 5 others sat there just staring at their phones and didn't even acknowledge us (it was obvious we were 'new', even though years earlier we'd worked there before..). That's how insular, weird and techno-obsessed this world has become, and I can't stand it. Although, admittedly I'm more a lone-wolf myself than not, but I was horrified to be blunt. I couldn't have felt less welcome, but I had further problems beyond that. I won't divulge, because then it just feels like a dumping whinge-fest. It's just time for me to go back in my box. And get the f*** out of there.

I really hope that Freo win it one day (soon!) and shove it right up their Vic-centric asses, but it always feels like a huge mountain the club has to climb compared to anyone else. A murderous travel schedule, players getting suspended when others get off etc, a draft where concessions and father/son/academy prospects go to other clubs more so than we ever had handed out.....it's just, I can't live vicariously through others achieving something that might make me feel good on a whimsy, 2nd guessing if this is the year and convincing myself it is. I just don't have that energy anymore after my wife's cancer, Covid and the fallout in my family. I remember watching United win the treble in 1999 with my dad and my Uncle and my dog Mandy. It was a great feeling, a perfect day, but the bubble felt like it burst when we stepped into a pub singing and the few old w***ery blokes that were there said some snide comments...of course we were jubilant and ignored it, but somehow...I never forgot. I also hated how everyone just glared at us for daring to bring our happiness into their miserable world. Truly.

Well shortly after, our dog was gone (tumors). And since 2017 I don't speak with my Dad and haven't heard from my Uncle because he's aligned with my "dad".

I apologize for "highjacking" Raz's thread (I hope you're going better now mate..) but this seemed like the appropriate place to "vent" or let off steam. And what's furthermore, when the team loses and everyone's at each other's throat, it just doesn't feel pleasant to be around or immersed in - especially when you're beset by your own personal problems outside this bubble. I get it (and accept it), everyone's passionate and invested (in some cases TOO much!), but everyone gets so snide and personal on the Internet these days, and I'd rather now not imbue my daily existences with it. Everyone has to god damn be right "hey look - I just won my 5th Internet argument for the day!". Good for you.

I'm just so tired of it. Of it all. I need to focus on me. Sorry for the self-indulgent ramble, take it easy peeps - I've enjoyed engaging with.......most of you! Hopefully I'll come back, but I want to do so on better terms.

But right now, football and its 'exhausting' highs and lows are just not that important to me. Take care of each other
Take care brother. And see you in a bit when you are back on top of everything.
I agree, society has been sucked into tech. It's incidious.
Despite all its good it also has a dark side. It can be detracting, isolating and it's easy to get sucked into your own ideology. Algorithms should be illegal.
As far as following a football team.

Putting our happiness in the hands of a bunch of overpaid strangers is a strange thing and needs to be seen as entertainment, nothing more or nothing less.

Saying that go Dockers 😂

I'm also struggling a bit. We are not alone.
Peace and Love to you Quaz.
♥️

You are always welcome in the optimism thread friend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take care brother. And see you in a bit when you are back on top of everything.
I agree, society has been sucked into tech. It's incidious.
Despite all its good it also has a dark side. It can be detracting, isolating and it's easy to get sucked into your own ideology. Algorithms should be illegal.
As far as following a football team.

Putting our happiness in the hands of a bunch of overpaid strangers is a strange thing and needs to be seen as entertainment, nothing more or nothing less.

Saying that go Dockers 😂

I'm also struggling a bit. We are not alone.
Peace and Love to you Quaz.
♥️

This is something I keep an eye on. I was disappointed on the weekend but didn’t let it last more than a minute as my amazing wife wanted chats, and my girls wanted me to see what they did with the doll house. And my 2 year old wanted me to hold one of her babies… and that is a remarkably serious business. Where a good telling off is in order from the cutest little thing you’ve ever seen. Then a ‘kiss daddy!’ ‘Good job’ when you do it right.

What is footy in comparison?

This is something I keep an eye on. I was disappointed on the weekend but didn’t let it last more than a minute as my amazing wife wanted chats, and my girls wanted me to see what they did with the doll house. And my 2 year old wanted me to hold one of her babies… and that is a remarkably serious business. Where a good telling off is in order from the cutest little thing you’ve ever seen. Then a ‘kiss daddy!’ ‘Good job’ when you do it right.

What is footy in comparison?
I miss the days when my daughter was that age.
Enjoy them while you have them my friend ..😉

I miss the days when my daughter was that age.
Enjoy them while you have them my friend ..😉

It is a golden time.. it is hard to describe how thoroughly fulfilling it is. Especially doing it with my wife. The days are long but the years are short.

I remind myself that we only get so many summers, so many Christmas mornings, so many opportunities for story times and pile on 'Mamily Uddellls' (Family Cuddles).

It is a golden time.. it is hard to describe how thoroughly fulfilling it is. Especially doing it with my wife. The days are long but the years are short.

I remind myself that we only get so many summers, so many Christmas mornings, so many opportunities for story times and pile on 'Mamily Uddellls' (Family Cuddles).
Yes a good family can be the difference

All the best mate.
I too, don't speak to the person who donated a Y chromosome to me.
Life is better without him.
As for footy, I try to have a more measured outlook.
Less extreme lows, balanced by less euphoric highs, but the lows our beloved club always provides means I just look at the fun stuff.
When I want a break I just put on some Post Malone or a Bill Burr podcast

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Farewell from me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back