Review Freo holds on against the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure someone else has already mentioned it but for all the talk of Gawn and Grundy being the AA rucks so far, Darcy has spanked both.

It's just like the old Sandi situation.
Would very much like Darcy to play with a chip on his shoulder 😲

You and almost everyone else. Pretty sure on the AFL tipping site only like 7% tipped us.
Don't want to brag......but, I am part of the 7%.
Said previously here, we would more than hold our own if not win clearances. We needed to dtop Warner, Heeney and Gulden running riot down the middle of the ground. We did all that. Sadly, let The Lizard off the hook during the latter part of third and in the last.

Coaching Kudos
1. Wagner in the backline, Aish sub. Wagner is more direct and decisive.
2. Solid midfield time for Johnson, the more he gets the better he will be.
3. Bigger body (Fyfe) onto Heeney at the stoppages.
4. Mids rotating forward.
5. Walker/Sharp minding Gulden.

When is the rest of the AFL going to realise that you need to shut down Gulden and McInerney to have a shot at beating the Swans?

Coaching Kudos

When is the rest of the AFL going to realise that you need to shut down Gulden and McInerney to have a shot at beating the Swans?

JLO out coached Longmure

He's a very smart coach.

I wonder if Walters when available will make it into the side

Take a look at Luke Ryan after the win

He went mental! In a good way
a few of them did - that flight home would have been awesome, and it helps to build confidence and faith

we have done so well on the road, and with such a fcked up fixture

Coaching Kudos

Fyfe beating Heeney was magical

Anyone think Clarke could have marked Davies kick? Just sayn
If it was lower, flatter and didn’t take 10 years to 5 metres, probably.

If in doubt, long down the line. Should not be kicking across goal.

Yes, I'll also be glad that those "Freo haven't beat anyone in the top 8" faces can shut up now.

It's weird, these people, they skew the ladder to suit their narrative. We beat Melbourne when they were 6th and so they slumped to 10th in the same round and so that one doesn't count.

We beat Brisbane early who are currently in 6th but apparently that also doesn't count because they weren't in the 8 at the time.

Well try and ****ing say it now...

Paps and Xavier Ellis have been banging on about it... I know there's a lot of respects for Paps on this board and yes he is a good commentator and knows our players and stats which is professional and makes good call to calls but I always sense a negative stance to Freo from him too.

There's no getting around it for them now.

Bloody hell.. youngest of the round too, what the actual **** is that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's weird, these people, they skew the ladder to suit their narrative. We beat Melbourne when they were 6th and so they slumped to 10th in the same round and so that one doesn't count.

We beat Brisbane early who are currently in 6th but apparently that also doesn't count because they weren't in the 8 at the time.

Well try and ****ing say it now...

Paps and Xavier Ellis have been banging on about it... I know there's a lot of respects for Paps on this board and yes he is a good commentator and knows our players and stats which is professional and makes good call to calls but I always sense a negative stance to Freo from him too.

There's no getting around it for them now.

Bloody hell.. youngest of the round too, what the actual **** is that...
Now we've beaten 3 of the 5 teams in the top 8 that we have played.

watching the replay, second quarter. That spoil by Darcy on Grundy was something else. Anyone with the skills to make a gif of that would be highly appreciated.
He certainly let Grundy know who the head bull of the pack was. Onions was awesome all day.

Xavier Ellis? He’s almost a complete drongo.

Hope the coaches let Bailey Banfield know he missed a trick in that last play to handball onto Gulden's foot and get an out on the full on a platter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo holds on against the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back