Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Half a packet of cheeseburger flavoured Twisties.

Seriously, I hope this is not a sign of things to come, whereby all St Kilda players are linked to a possible move to Freo. Otherwise, it is going to be a long couple of weeks until trade week.

:D i thought that would be your answer. imo Zac would be the only one that would follow Ross across. But when you look at it, Zac had new contract all but signed earlier in year, then all sudden it was taken off the table.. We have now re-signed Tom Simpkin before him.. (not that Simpkin wasnt goiing to be re-signed).....

Yea i heard that (they also mentioned my trade idea of Zac for Silvangi) , but they probably got the Zac rumor off any of the Saints forums as we've been mentioning it for weeks......

What do you reckon you'd give up for him?

Yeah, i'd give up Silvagni in a heartbeat. I'd also throw in Pavlich and Fyfe as sweeteners.

Bugger me, Dawson is worth virtually nothing. Take you pick from one of our list cloggers.

Was with a GWS player as he went to see his manager yesterday and team officials. They had Crowley and Walters there, he said they were talking about trades.

Wish this was actually legit. Would be more $$$.

If that really was an honest post, I think Walters could have a bit of value about the place. Has shown more than a bit when he has played, could quite easily see teams being interested.

Zac Dawson, wtf? Is this real life?

Just playing Devils advocate here. I'm certainly not suggesting trading anything decent for Dawson, but if we were to grab him in the PSD it could allow Silvagni to play forward.
Although switching Silvagni and Anthony would probably achieve the same thing.

Our KPD future is definitely questionable, but I'm not sure Dawson is the man for the job. I've seen him play some decent games, and I've seen him thrashed.

Will admit I haven't seen enough to think I know more than a bloke like Lyon.

Whilst I admit he doesn't have great value you have to reliaze he is Ross Lyons love child who is likely to pay over the odds..... IMO Zac would make a much better 2nd tall defender alongside McPharlin rather then being the main KD like he is at StKilda. If you can get him onto the 2nd tall i think he could be great value for you guys. (if indeed he does want to go to Freo)

Yea i heard that (they also mentioned my trade idea of Zac for Silvangi) , but they probably got the Zac rumor off any of the Saints forums as we've been mentioning it for weeks......

What do you reckon you'd give up for him?

I'd rather trade Pavlich than Silvagni, gun young KPP that can play either end.

Wish this was actually legit. Would be more $$$.

If that really was an honest post, I think Walters could have a bit of value about the place. Has shown more than a bit when he has played, could quite easily see teams being interested.

Zac Dawson, wtf? Is this real life?

Take it how you like. I just dont understand why someone would make that up.

On a seperate note if Lyon makes the trade Silvagni for Dawson i will hand in my FFC life support card.

How would Dawson go on the smaller forwards who get up the ground like LeCras, Stevie J, Milne and Eddie Betts? If he can fill that role there's a spot for him at Fremantle.

I'd rather trade Pavlich than Silvagni, gun young KPP that can play either end.

:thumbsu::thumbsu: OK Zac for Pav :D

On a seperate note if Lyon makes the trade Silvagni for Dawson i will hand in my FFC life support card.

There was no mention of Silvagni, i just threw his name up as a possible selection. Would be as suprised as you if you got rid of him.

On a seperate note, whats the go with Suban? Couple reports that he is on the outer or something? Or just more media crap?

:thumbsu::thumbsu: OK Zac for Pav :D

There was no mention of Silvagni, i just threw his name up as a possible selection. Would be as suprised as you if you got rid of him.

On a seperate note, whats the go with Suban? Couple reports that he is on the outer or something? Or just more media crap?

Media crap. Had problems with injury this year. Small break of the Fibula.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media crap. Had problems with injury this year. Small break of the Fibula.

:thumbsu: cheers, thought it must have been. I rate him and was suprised when i heard it.

How would Dawson go on the smaller forwards who get up the ground like LeCras, Stevie J, Milne and Eddie Betts? If he can fill that role there's a spot for him at Fremantle.

That would be the only way we would have any serious interest IMO. I don't recall seeing him on any smalls like Tarrant used to, for instance. Others may have seen something.

That would be the only way we would have any serious interest IMO. I don't recall seeing him on any smalls like Tarrant used to, for instance. Others may have seen something.

Cant recall him ever playing on the smaller forwards either, but that could be cos we couldnt spare him with lack of talls. Also Dempster took the smaller forwards most of the time, but you can keep your hands off him....;)

Take it how you like. I just dont understand why someone would make that up.

If you're honestly talking straight, I'm more than happy to roll with it.

Could see us getting a decent deal with those guys based on History + Future.

If Ross is serious about Ballas playing up the ground more and the club wants to trade Walters, what do we do about small forwards? There's Mello I guess but there's been enough instability in the Freo forward line to last a while...

If Ross is serious about Ballas playing up the ground more and the club wants to trade Walters, what do we do about small forwards? There's Mello I guess but there's been enough instability in the Freo forward line to last a while...

I think Ballantyne will just spend more time at HF. He'll rotate with the likes of Fyfe, Hill and Morabito who will play as more permanent midfielders.

I doubt Walters will be traded. Mellington/Walters will play as more permanent small forwards IMO.

With Ballantyne's foot/hamstring issues, I think we are asking for serious trouble by trying to make him play more in the midfield.

As for Dawson, if Lyon brings that complete spud over then I will be furious.

With Ballantyne's foot/hamstring issues, I think we are asking for serious trouble by trying to make him play more in the midfield.

As for Dawson, if Lyon brings that complete spud over then I will be furious.

Im not for bringing him over, but I wouldn't say he is a complete spud. He has been playing on the best forwards every week for the last 3 or 4 seasons, so he must be doing something right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back