Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am sorry, Swallow is so far ahead of Suban that it is beyond comprehension how you could form this particular opinion that you have. Especially considering Swallow is the exact type of player we desperately need in the midfield. Fast enough, strong, courageous, tackling/clearance machine, work ethic (which has seen his disposal improve), leadership, etc. The guy is an absolute gun.

Because he's very loyal and parochial to Freo players? Not saying anyone else isnt, just that he must be in this case

BOT anyone have ideas for an AFL quality small defender capable of shutting down the best small forwards.

Apparently Matt Campbell from North is out of contract, has had some injury problems earlier in the season and obviously normally played as a forward but provided he can get injury free reckon he play in the backline well like Roger made the switch - has skill and speed and is still only 24. Could be a good backup for either Ballas/Walters in the forward line in a pinch as well and would not cost the earth.

Also FWIW Swallow is a gun not many players I would like to have in the team more than him - except maybe both the spitter boys.

Lyon was on 720 sportstalk this morning and they asked him about whether Freo would be trading for established players to fill gaps.

His reply was he was very impressed with Freo's existing list management model of recruiting young talent and mature players from the State league. He said he agreed with Freo's list model in that the 1st rnd draft selection should be sacrosanct.

Interstingly he said that Griffin wants to stay and is only just behind Sandilands as a tap ruckman. Said that Clarke still has a bit of physical left in him.

A couple of things can be gleaned from this:

Griffin aint going anywhere and will play as a ruckman before Clarke

and

Brisbane can forget about getting our 1st round pick

Lyon was on 720 sportstalk this morning and they asked him about whether Freo would be trading for established players to fill gaps.

His reply was he was very impressed with Freo's existing list management model of recruiting young talent and mature players from the State league. He said he agreed with Freo's list model in that the 1st rnd draft selection should be sacrosanct.

Interstingly he said that Griffin wants to stay and is only just behind Sandilands as a tap ruckman. Said that Clarke still has a bit of physical left in him.

and

Amen to that.:thumbsu:

and

Disagree on griffo rucking over Clarke. With a big pre-season clarke will only get stronger , bigger , fitter & will become wiser in the craft of rucking.Griffo will keep Clarke from becoming complacent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what about any GWS trade? Crowley and Walters wont get much done by themselves. Firstly Lyon doesn't mention Barlow in his interviews until some throw away line this morning, and now the Griffin love. Guess we'll have to get used to seeing neither Barlow or Zac in purple again.

Hearing all over the place that Ross wants to bring Dawson to Fremantle. Not sure why as you already have McPharlin & Silvangi.

And what about any GWS trade? Crowley and Walters wont get much done by themselves. Firstly Lyon doesn't mention Barlow in his interviews until some throw away line this morning, and now the Griffin love. Guess we'll have to get used to seeing neither Barlow or Zac in purple again.

Not sure if my sarcasm detector is working this morning. Or have you become a bit bitter about Hinkley being flicked?

Don't know. He said Clarke has a huge future at Freo and as for getting the other Clark there is a lot of water to go under the bridge. If we keep our pick 16 it will either take the compo pick + ? or a player like Clarke. He said "and of course Barlow' as though it went without saying, so i don't know if it means he is going. It sounds more like to me that there isn't going to be much trading and just continued drafting.

Disagree on griffo rucking over Clarke. With a big pre-season clarke will only get stronger , bigger , fitter & will become wiser in the craft of rucking.Griffo will keep Clarke from becoming complacent.

Clarke could play mainly as a forward while he's developing his physical stature. He's mobile and clever enough and would really stretch the opposition defence particularly with Pav, Mayne and maybe Clark down there too. Just needs to get stronger at contested marking.

If we get Clark and all 4 ruckmen are available Griffin would be playing WAFL IMO. I doubt we'd play all 4, or if we did, we'd get a flogging! Makes it tough for Kepler too.

Damien Barrett just mentioned this on 3MMM Melbourne. Dawson to Freo

Yea i heard that (they also mentioned my trade idea of Zac for Silvangi) , but they probably got the Zac rumor off any of the Saints forums as we've been mentioning it for weeks......

What do you reckon you'd give up for him?

Yea i heard that (they also mentioned my trade idea of Zac for Silvangi) , but they probably got the Zac rumor off any of the Saints forums as we've been mentioning it for weeks......

What do you reckon you'd give up for him?

Half a packet of cheeseburger flavoured Twisties.

Seriously, I hope this is not a sign of things to come, whereby all St Kilda players are linked to a possible move to Freo. Otherwise, it is going to be a long couple of weeks until trade week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back