Preview Game 263 - St Kilda v Port @ Marvel 30 Jun 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See. Ken doesn't have the cattle!!
Add Dixon, Rioli, Soldo and Ratugolea, that’s about 450 games.

For Lord, Lorenzo, Evans and Sweet… which is 32 games….

Point being, Port have some very junior players. 5 players in the start 23 with less than a seasons experience.

That is almost verbatim what those ****wits Andrew Gaze and Andrew Maher said on their SEN show the other day.

**** them all.
Lucky I wouldn’t listen to those peanuts

Point being, Port have some very junior players. 5 players in the start 23 with less than a seasons experience.
And yet reading the inclusions and the outs this week I thought the list was an improvement.

Do our players not get flu shots? I know it doesn’t stop you from getting it completely but lessens the risk quite a bit. And I would’ve thought it would be mandatory for a professional sports club. Just seems odd we have so many players miss games through illness every winter.

I personally don’t think I’ve ever had the flu, just colds. I didn’t think it was that common, but I get the flu shot every year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do our players not get flu shots? I know it doesn’t stop you from getting it completely but lessens the risk quite a bit. And I would’ve thought it would be mandatory for a professional sports club. Just seems odd we have so many players miss games through illness every winter.

I personally don’t think I’ve ever had the flu, just colds. I didn’t think it was that common, but I get the flu shot every year.

The common cold can wear you down too. I don't know about you but there's at least a few days in any given year that I'm sick enough that I wouldn't want anything to do with playing sports let alone pro sports. Can't see any issue with isolating that player from the rest of the squad and bringing in someone who is 100% healthy and ready to play.

And with all of those experienced players in the side, how infinitely better have our results been?

Worst flu I ever had was the year I had a flu jab 😂.
Fortunately I don’t pick up colds much.
Must say our players get sick a lot, can’t remember players like Russ Ebert ever missing a game with the flu.

I know you will all blast me for this, but I've never wanted us to get spanked more than i do for this weekends game.
With the heat finally arriving on Ken in the media, he simply will not survive another spanking this week.

Whatever happens, liking the levels of blasting and spanking. Need a few learnings tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just realised I'm excited for this game. Carn the :stkilda:
It's honestly moved the needle in this game from "I'll watch of I haven't got plans" to "must watch". I hope it's an enslaught

And with all of those experienced players in the side, how infinitely better have our results been?
Never said they were better. It was more an observation and I was surprised at the difference between the Saints and Port. I always viewed the saints as young.

I can’t be bothered doing the maths, but it would be interesting to compare Port’s experience to say…, Sydney.

I’m tipping it will be over a 1000 games difference.

The common cold can wear you down too. I don't know about you but there's at least a few days in any given year that I'm sick enough that I wouldn't want anything to do with playing sports let alone pro sports. Can't see any issue with isolating that player from the rest of the squad and bringing in someone who is 100% healthy and ready to play.

Would be very rare to have a common cold stop me in my tracks, could definitely still play footy dosed up on drugs, but maybe not Covid as both times I had that it gave me a full blown fever. But it was only a day or two I felt incapable. Just thought it must be something more serious like flu to be ruling Rioli out on Thursday for a Sunday game.

I really don't know what to feel about this game. I can never wish for us to lose a game, but I badly want Ken out the door asap. Any chance we can play a blinder and win, the younger players all play well and then Ken announces his immediate resignation at his after-match press conference? No, I thought not :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back