Game Day Game Day Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really really looking forward to this match, genuinely pumped.

Another chance to secure a home prelim final, I think we can win this and finally break the hoodoo in two weeks.

Hope Connor plays a ripper and Charlie kicks a few.

I checked out emotionally a few years back so don't really feel much of anything these days. Haven't been to a game all year and only really starting to watch us in the last month or 2. I guess due to the letdowns of this regime its difficult to get too invested any more. Sure I'll crack a bottle of Red and watch the game on TV tonight, whereas in the past I would be watching the clock all day waiting to crack the first beer at the pub and then get to the Oval with great excitement, nervousness and anticipation. I just don't have that anymore. Having come to the conclusion what are corrupt tin pot comp the AFL is hasn't helped either.

But any rate... Go Team!
My man who is missing out though?

I understand the need for psychological protection, but wouldn't you rather be at that pub cracking that beer and appreciating that the harder the battle and the more disappointments faced, the greater the elation of victory

Since 2014, we haven’t:

• Won a September final
  • Won a knockout final
  • Won a final against any team other than Geelong
In all seriousness though, I feel like we're different this year. We got a couple of pretty-much-elimination-finals games late in the season against Freo and the Dees and got those done with a level of maturity. Compare that to our match against North Melbourne in 2019 for a spot in finals....

I feel same as I did around 04 which is an overall feeling of dread that we will inevitably stuff it up again. I can't enjoy it until the final siren of a winning GF with this lot.

Hopefully this is start of an 04 like premiership run.

In all seriousness though, I feel like we're different this year. We got a couple of pretty-much-elimination-finals games late in the season against Freo and the Dees and got those done with a level of maturity. Compare that to our match against North Melbourne in 2019 for a spot in finals....

And the crows game. They were in good form and they brought finals intensity like they have the past few games. We matched it, cranked it up and burned them off.

Carlton too bring finals pressure and we did the same with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get why there is a lot of negativity etc. but I’m genuinely looking forward to it.
First game I’m attending at Adelaide Oval.
First game I’ll see live since we played the Saints at Footy Park in 2011.

I think we’re a good chance to win. As much as our forward line isn’t setting the world on fire our midfield means we should get plenty of opportunities.

Just hope it’s not too cold tonight. I’m struggling big time with the temps below 20!!!

Ports by 26 points!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.
Go the Power!

The 'I'll believe it when I see it' approach that most are taking to this finals series is entirely rational and evidence based, to call it pessimism is a nonsense. There is a veritable mountain of evidence to suggest we screw up this game and/or the next game. If they prove that wrong then good for them but until they do I'll stick to the evidence which says don't get too excited Power fans.

giphy.webp

Yep, am very ambivalent over our club's fortunes because of Hinkley, unfortunately everytime I see him or hear him speak I stop being emotionally invested.

Regardless I can somewhat put that aside and invest in this playing group. JHF brings out emotions I haven't had for many years, his street wise football smarts and maturity piques my interest above all else.

The 'I'll believe it when I see it' approach that most are taking to this finals series is entirely rational and evidence based, to call it pessimism is a nonsense. There is a veritable mountain of evidence to suggest we screw up this game and/or the next game. If they prove that wrong then good for them but until they do I'll stick to the evidence which says don't get too excited Power fans.
To quote my dearly departed Granny, piss week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back