Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Hooking Corey was the most dreadful “leadership” I’ve seen.

Poor Corey gets scapegoated by his gutless coach. The kid must be mortified.

Morale-destroying.

And the team would have noticed.

Tonight was a bad loss. They happen.

I’m more angry with the coach for being weak & throwing a kid under the bus.

Lost for words.

Humiliated, disgusted, repulsed all describe how I'm feeling about the club tonight.

I don't care how the season has gone up until this point, but john can't leave the club quick enough.

Too many times he has been in charge of absolute capitulation.

Too many times he has been in charge when we have absolutely humiliated ourselves.

Why was ladhams picked

Why an undersized, unauthentic francis is picked over a player in joel hamling who is a premiership defender.

Why sub corey warner, effectively burying him. That was the move of a desperate man who had no idea what to do and made the "safest" decision he could because he felt like he was expected to make a change.

Why did mills keep his captaincy after getting his arm ripped off during a drunken wrestle.

Why did mills walk straight back into the team despite not playing footy for nearly 12 months.

I'm ashamed to be a swans supporter

Didn't think we had hit the wall this hard.

Not sure what Horse will say but it should be noteworthy I'm sure 🙄.

Seems like we had just over half a brilliant season and nothing.

Heeney gave half a good season. Trade him or use him more sparingly. He has a cooked ankle maybe?

McDonald and Amartey need to stop being timid and start inserting themselves into a game. Smash a pack, take a strong mark and kick straight. Get ruthless.

Sick of blinded hack kicks around the corner to no-one.

Horse is a one trick pony. Missing Pyke and other outside views.

Mentally we are cooked. Some young players will learn what it really takes to win a flag and others will realise it's a bridge too far.

Morale-destroying.

"Players" coach my backside just absolutely destroyed the kids confidence.

Morale-destroying.

Would not blame him if he requested a trade this year.

I'm convinced the coaches have tried to fix something that was never broken, and it's ****ed with their psychi. The losses have probably compounded that inviting even more unneeded instruction.

I've experienced this personally in the middle of a very very good season. We won 11 on the trot and were flying, but the last one of those wasnt as convincing (probably because the opp was just good on the day), so the coach felt he had to do something and got us to train a couple of different set ups. Safe to say it absolutely screwed us and we seemed to lose our magic in the space of just a few games. We played out the rest of the season attempting these new setups and got bundled out in straight sets. We were worrying more about where we were asked to be and where we needed to kick it rather than just playing footy. Funny things is that also coincided with the return of a couple of key players from their euro trip.

Horse needs to take a leaf out of Chris Scott's book. Treat your players like men and trust them to know what they are doing. Instead I feel like horse is still playing around with the settings without realising that he's ****ing it up the more he plays with it, despite the fact he shouldn't have touched it in the first place. It's clear the players are trying to do what he's asking, it's not working which is throwing their efforts off and losing 1 v 1s they'd normally win, this is resulting in chasing backside all game. That's exactly how we've lost these two games.
I dunno mate - to me seems like the high pressure /corridor/ direct to goal game strategy got found out as evidenced by the Freo game, and there hasn’t been many answers. To be belted last week by Footscray then what happened tonight shows zero recognition of systemic issues.

The persistent failures to win first quartwrs have been an issue all year and to me it’s negligence on coaching that this hasn’t been resolved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devastating.

Not just tonight, but the way this has likely killed off a season that just 2 months ago, was astonishingly dominant.

In 2022 I convinced myself that we were ahead of schedule and overwhelmed by the occasion. This was supposed to be the hardened, enhanced version of that team and it's all falling apart.

I think we still win 2 of our next 3 and finish top, but I don't know how these players win a flag after being so thoroughly dismantled.

Horrible loss no doubt but I feel like this could be a slight overreaction to a loss that sees us still sitting on top of the ladder with 3 games left.

We will finish 7th at this rate is all, and if that happens and we can't save the ladder spot at all, this will be scarring and this core is locked in for a few years.

Maybe I am wrong but they will be fragile for a while

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back