Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Ladhams gave any us any less than Mclean, McDonald, or Amartey has over the last month, in fact a bit more that a few games from all those guys, in that at least he was competitive and brought the ball to ground when it was bombed into the 50 haphazardly.

Ideally he would have come in for McLean if he was coming in and had us more mobile up forward.
Not that it would have made any difference. Two forward/Rucks and Grundy was a strange choice if that was the choice and not an injury in the last day or so.

Ladhams yeah look fair, I mean he is a first ruck, he either plays ruck or doesn't play.

You are correct except Id give Mclean more of a pass than the other 2 overall.

Assuming Rampe and Melican being close this week means they'd have to be in against the Pies.

Out - In:

Ladhams - Amartey
Francis - Melican
Mills - Rampe
Blakey - Magor
Parker - Sheldrick
Wicks - Hanily
Jordon - Cleary

we all wanted the coaches to run a training block and rotate a few.

Job done. Watch em come back hard when the whips are cracking in September

Most embarrassed I have ever been to support the club, beyond the 22 debacle at least that was one shithouse day with a youngish group

this is an unprecedented collapse and teams will do a Sydney 24 from now on , will become a thing
I too have never been this embarrassed.
2022 I told my son walking home after the GF loss that I will never pay for another GF ticket ever again if the Swans are in it.
I won’t travel interstate to watch them again as long as any of this players that played tonight are still playing.
Hall Of Fame on I think.
Shame on them all.
23 v 23 out there tonight.
We sat 3 games clear.
Shame.

Great post

Gulden sulking over not getting the ball is a thing.

Blakey standing behind his man after another turnover and not even competing stood out, yes Blakey takes the game o a n and attacks, but lately has 0 interest in defending, absolutely 0

I dont get how other teams can just go lets clog the middle and man up and we just go bugger we cant play now.

Every little aspect of us even competing has gone out the window, it actually makes 0 sense to be this completely shitful to the point of non competeitive.

Lets be real last week was similar to this week, and if anything Dogs should be dissapointed slightly in retrospect not to maximise the %,. Maybe the SCG saved us a little.

I agree with your last point even in 2022, you can see they are "trying" this had a different feel lately, that they arent even competiting or wanting in,

Like they dont even like each other, lot of fingers pointed, one man in a contest, Adams got caught a couple of times, but no one with him, wicks handballed out of bounds, no one was with him.

Parker tried to make something happen, no one helped him, Heeney early on did try a bit, ditto rowbottom but into packs alone v 3.
francis cops its but left out to dry multiple times,

Jordon looked up a few times, no one to kick too, they were flogged, but they didnt even control any second of the play, or compete at all.
dont get how other teams can just go lets clog the middle and man up and we just go bugger we cant play now.

so much this. Coupled with oh well let’s hold it until they have all their men back and then kick it them it’s probably more efficient to just kick it to them and no doubt that’s why we are just kicking it to them either after waiting or without waiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming Rampe and Melican being close this week means they'd have to be in against the Pies.

Out - In:

Ladhams - Amartey
Francis - Melican
Mills - Rampe
Blakey - Magor
Parker - Sheldrick
Wicks - Hanily
Jordon - Cleary
Horse won’t select Sheldrick, Magor or Hanily.

Nor will he drop Mills.

To suggest Lizard be dropped is just a tad silly.

Once again, Horse won’t make a statement. He’ll stick with his favourites & sacrifice a kid or two.

With these kind of performances becoming a theme in recent years, Bloods culture is nothing more than a marketing slogan nowadays sadly.
The Bloods died when Jude Bolton & ROK retired.
JPK had it but he’s the last.
The club don’t have it at all.
It’s gone.

Nor will he drop Mills.

Once again, Horse won’t make a statement. He’ll stick with his favourites & sacrifice a kid or two.
Yeah I know, this is just my changes.

Blakey is as much management as anything. He got a bit of the ball, but looked lazy/lost a fair bit. Has struggled for a while.

Back in 2009 we were an ageing team on the slide in a game at Marvel, Carlton were smashing us on their way to 60 point win. With the result beyond doubt, Ted Richards went back with the flight in front of Fevola and punctured his lung, he missed the rest of the season just to stop the margin getting larger.

In Round 1, 2015 we were 40 points down against Essendon when Parker went back with the flight and got knocked out, we ended up coming back that game.

I’m not encouraging any players to hurt themselves but it’s pretty jarring that not that long ago, the Swans were a team that never gave up no matter how behind on the scoreboard we were, and had an almost obsessive commitment to the contest.

These days despite it now being a group with immeasurably more talent than Swans of years gone by and yet is a collection of individuals rather than a unit. The past couple of weeks we’ve almost been allergic to the contest, no spirit and no grit. Players standing 15m off their opponent, half heartedly jogging after their opponents on the lead.

Something weird is going on here. Some behaviour out there that I can’t ever imagine Goodes, Hanners, JPK, Kieren Jack and co ever doing.

Nor will he drop Mills.

He will pick Amartey Rampe Melican and probably tell Paps to put some deep heat on

Things need to change:
1. Grundy needs a break. Grundy tactics at centre bounces need to be mixed up, is too predictable wrestling opposition rucks
2. We need to change our midfield mix for qtr 1 - try something new ie Jordan, Gulden, Lizard
3. Can we for once hold our shape, for 10 years our forward line pushes up to the ground too far, when we attack we simply have no forwards to kick too
4. I think we need to go smaller in the forward line, being too tall isn't working any more.
5. Maybe try warner halfback flank
6. We are too slow with full back kick ins - need easier options 30-40 metres out not barely 15 chip kicks
7. We miss easy hit-ups when linking up the ground especially around half back to half forward, sometimes hit the loose player or leading target 20 metres away rather than bombing it long to a contest
8. Call every player in and ask for feedback
9. All else fails, show the boys Tommy Raudonikis warm-up's from the 80's NRL, good old fashion face slapping to gee up the boys for qtr 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back