Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to have Horse get these guys in for all the players and supporters and zap that match out of their memory.
Forget Will Smith GIF
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a meme that sums up a situation as perfectly as this one. It’s not just about this single game and nor is it just about Swans supporters. It’s about a whole season and where this club had led us all to believe they were going. Reset and forget that 2024 ever happened, otherwise flick back on the switch that made the magic happen.

I understand why it's happening, but putting Lmac to the back line is maddening. Pointless trying to sure up the back line with our best tall forward if it means we can't kick more than one goal to half time

Robbie Fox was drifting around forward early?

He just looked awful whenever near the ball yesterday.

Why didn't we pick Edwards or Hamling to play defence

Won’t happen, however:

In: Melican, Campbell, Rampe (or Hamling if he’s not yet ready), Sheldrick, Cleary

Out: Francis, Wicks, Adams, Jordon, Ladhams

Mills is a tough call. Is he going to rapidly improve, or will he remain a liability?
Either way, bringing him back without a run or two in the VFL is proving a massive blunder.

Adams and Jordon tried harder than Mills Warner Gulden maybe even Heeney, Parker looked worse than Adams and Jordon .

Can we drop 18 players 😂

It pisses me off that had we beaten Freo and Stkilda we'd have the top 2 sewn up by now and big losses like this would simply be player management. But now it seems like we gotta fight out each game now.

Injuries have hit us harder than expected. Very sad to see.

It pisses me off that had we beaten Freo and Stkilda we'd have the top 2 sewn up by now and big losses like this would simply be player management. But now it seems like we gotta fight out each game now.

Injuries have hit us harder than expected. Very sad to see.

The only loss injuries sort of make sense for is Brisbane and even then we started like poo

These last two are floggings

I can't even sleep after that crap , (works out well for the olympics) bet they are all tucked up in their hotel beds all cozy.

I know there were bad signs even in wins and then we lost games,

But at least v Freo Saints Lions you could see they fought it out.

The last two weeks there's just nothing to even point at for effort or care or attitude, willingness to fight .

How can they not even fire up for 5 minutes at the first bounce, they looked timid, looked scared confused, angry I don't know. No one
helps anyone no one does anything for each other.

Disgusted.

I think Parker starting sub was odd, but he looks beyond cooked again, Mills looks the same mind you, but Parker is slow.

I think Blakey Gulden heeney et al are the ones who can turn it around. Unpopular view but unless he is injured for better or worse we need to make the skipper help fix this mess, just keep him back or forward.

Do we go less tall forward ? are the three talls getting it done , got to at least occupy a defender.

All we can do is back our core "good players in" that probably includes the skipper, I mean if we are keeping the coach I guess we back the leader in and just put him in one spot

In Rampe Melican (if fit) Hamling , Amartey sheldrick campbell (play midfield)

Out Fox Francis Wicks Parker Mcdonald Ladhams

Adams play forward or go as well

Mcdonald piss off and get some form. but maybe that's too harsh

I realise a lot of guys getting to stay in who are shit , eg Blakey Hayward Warner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with our team profile this capitulation was always a risk. The squad is predominantly built on string bean outside players relying on their speed and skill. We have a handful of players with contested ability and we rely on them to turn up so the others can do what they do. For the most part I think even our smaller blokes have been brave and put in a fair effort despite their size (guys like Florent, gulden, Blakey, Jordon etc) for most of the season, but these last two games they all look spent, weak, and also keep losing their feet - feel like those type of players need to be mentally switched on to avoid playing that way, and maybe the length of the season has gotten the better of them and they're just tired of it.

The only other thing could be the strength and fitness program. Was it setup to fail? Did the load have us peak early and now their bodies are spent? Because looking at some of their efforts, they looked physically cooked in comparison to the start of the year. I find it hard to fathom how you can be so good 1 v 1 to all of a sudden turn into a witches hat v your direct opponent, outstrengthed, keep falling over, losing handle on the ball when it was in your bread basket etc - There were quite a few times Rowie, gulden and mills got first hands to it in the middle and then it just somehow spat out straight to a port player. It's like their fast twitch muscle fibres are fatigued and their bodies aren't doing what their minds are trying to do. I still remember round 1 and 2 v Melb and Collingwood vividly. We absolutely annihilated them in every contest all over the park. To go from that to this is a mental + - physical capitulation. Maybe it's a mixture of that + coaches tying to fix something that wasn't broken.

Whatever it is the coaches need to reset to our system of 6 weeks ago, and give the strength and fitness team instruction to reset the players bodies somehow. Maybe add some yoga, psychologist for some shadow work, and a cold plunge to wake the **** up. We're lucky that we've got a few weaker teams to finish up with to hopefully regain some form of confidence heading into finals.

Last edited:
If we lose every game left this year, I think that will be the end of Horse. 13-1, overwhelming flag favourites to coach gone, club in crisis. Just so hard to comprehend.

I think with our team profile this capitulation was always a risk. The squad is predominantly built on string bean outside players relying on their speed and skill. We have a handful of players with contested ability and we rely on them to turn up so the others can do what they do. For the most part I think even our smaller blokes have been brave and put in a fair effort despite their size (guys like Florent, gulden, Blakey, Jordon etc) for most of the season, but these last two games they all look spent, weak, and also keep losing their feet - feel like those type of players need to be mentally switched on to avoid playing that way, and maybe the length of the season has gotten the better of them and they're just tired of it.

The only other thing could be the strength and fitness program. Was it setup to fail? Did the load have us peak early and now their bodies are spent? Because looking at some of their efforts, they looked physically cooked in comparison to the start of the year. I find it hard to fathom how you can be so good 1 v 1 to all of a sudden turn into a witches hat v your direct opponent, outstrengthed, keep falling over, losing handle on the ball when it was in your bread basket etc - There were quite a few times Rowie, gulden and mills got first hands to it in the middle and then it just somehow spat out straight to a port player. It's like their fast twitch muscle fibres are fatigued and their bodies aren't doing what their minds are trying to do. I still remember round 1 and 2 v Melb and Collingwood vividly. We absolutely annihilated them in every contest all over the park. To go from that to this is a mental + - physical capitulation. Maybe it's a mixture of that + coaches tying to fix something that wasn't broken.

Whatever it is the coaches need to reset to our system of 6 weeks ago, and give the strength and fitness team instruction to reset the players bodies somehow. Maybe add some yoga, psychologist for some shadow work, and a cold plunge to wake the **** up. We're lucky that we've got a few weaker teams to finish up with to hopefully regain some form of confidence heading into finals.
I understand where you're coming from but with the way sports science is these days, along with the evidence on the field, this should be managed and at the end of the day, is not an excuse.

Clearly the depth of our list is shallow and is not trusted by Horse. Take the KPD post as an example. The only "trusted" back up is Francis, to the point where Horse prefers to play smaller guys out of position then call on any of Edwards, Hamling or Arnold. Then he has to swing Logan into defence mid game and we have the ludicrous situation of McCartin teaching him how to play defence in the midst of a crucial AFL game.

Are our back ups really that bad? Would any of Edwards, Hamling or Arnold been worse than McDonald in defence? If so, why? Poor drafting, poor development, bit of both? Or does Horse only trust certain players? Same questions apply to the continued exclusion of Sheldrick and Cleary. What about Vickery and Magor? Would they have been less effective than a half cooked Mills. Would Hannily have done worse than Wicks?

So many questions, not enough answers. What I do know is last night was unacceptable.

Not even any form of apology from the coach, coaching staff or players. As supporters who invest way too much time, money and emotions into this great game, we deserve better than that.
Typical of this club. Disgusting. But let’s all keep faith in the same players I guess. Watch as Longmire won’t make any changes

So what happened with Corey Warner? What did I miss for others to determine that he was made a scale goat? It might have been the plan to take him off and put Parker on. We have become accustomed to horse not putting the sub on til the last qtr, he did something unexpected perhaps?
Yeah massive overreaction. I will blame horse and club for everything else but not going to blame them for making an early change that they thought could turn that shit show around.

I very much doubt any of the internal messaging to Corey was that it was his fault. He would be well aware that he is on the fringes of the best 22 and therefore one of the first out in that situation for a tactical change. It's hardly the career ending trauma some are making out to be.

Yeah massive overreaction. I will blame horse and club for everything else but not going to blame them for making an early change that they thought could turn that shit show around.

I very much doubt any of the internal messaging to Corey was that it was his fault. He would be well aware that he is on the fringes of the best 22 and therefore one of the first out in that situation for a tactical change. It's hardly the career ending trauma some are making out to be.
Nothing would have changed the the shitshow around

Completely agree. The coaches obviously thought injecting some experience into the team might have helped turn it around.

Those saying they should have made a statement with a senior player is silly imo, you’re only going to turn it around by those players finding a way into the game so it’s counterproductive to bench them. Perhaps there is an argument for Ladhams, though he at least made a contest despite being off the pace of the game.

Warner will have been told not much to do with him.

Haven’t posted on here in a long time, but that was the most embarrassing effort since the 2022GF. I have been following this cllub for nearly 50 years and to be as non-competitive performance by a team sitting on top of the ladder in my living history. This team is mentally week and are a bunch of downhill skiers, even during our run of wins when teams brought pressure we were pathetic.

Another season wasted and while John Longmire is in charge this team will do nothing, this loss will bring mental scars for years to come and until John has gone we will never achieve ultimate glory. We would have to be the worst 1st placed team in history, but don’t have to worry about that, Collingwood will come out this week and give us another lesson in how to play football.

In the famous words of Ronald Barassi - “Bloody Weak As Piss”

It’s not career ending. It’s the brainlessness of keeping ladhams who is a ruck and Grundy who is a ruck and McLean who is painfully slow. Grundy didn’t work with Gawn ffs - how do they think it’s going to work with effin ladhams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back