Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything was wrong last night
However what stood out for me was the lack of run and speed. Can’t have Mills, Parker, Jordan and Adams all playing. Throw in 2 rucks and McLean. We look incredibly slow and non dynamic.
Mills was utterly horrific but I back him to turn it around.
Next week
Outs - Ladhams, Francis, Fox and Adams (skills are horrible and can’t pick it up), Wicks
In - Melican, Rampe, Amartey, Sheldrick, Campbell (as small forward as has the right attributes)

Everything was wrong last night
However what stood out for me was the lack of run and speed. Can’t have Mills, Parker, Jordan and Adams all playing. Throw in 2 rucks and McLean. We look incredibly slow and non dynamic.
Mills was utterly horrific but I back him to turn it around.
Next week
Outs - Ladhams, Francis, Fox and Adams (skills are horrible and can’t pick it up), Wicks
In - Melican, Rampe, Amartey, Sheldrick, Campbell (as small forward as has the right attributes)
I agree re: the lack of run & speed.

We’ve returned to being a bit Dads Army. Losing McI and Papley hurts.

But it wasn’t the cause of our 112 point capitulation.

Performances like last night only happen when the team has a poor mindset.

I’m not sure what has happened - either it’s just a loss of confidence, or something more sinister has occurred & the players aren’t united.

I’m not sure what has happened - either it’s just a loss of confidence, or something more sinister has occurred & the players aren’t united.
Agree it was between the ears.
Need a good sports psychologist to some belief and confidence

Sydney Swans players on multiple occasions were left to fight 2-3 opponents in a contest alone.

Sydney Swans players including highly talented players could not even hold a footy or use it at all. We didn't even get a possession in the forward 50 in the first quarter.

Based on that Francis and Wicks for instance have literally no hope. Wicks because the ball is just never there and Francis because the ball is always there.

Nick Blakey can not even be arsed getting near his opponent. May have been late first early second another turnover outside Ports 50 and it's coming back and Blakey concedes an uncontested mark because he was still just chilling near the posts from kicking in, there had been a contest and a bit since he kicked , why is he not manned up?

Gulden calling for cheap passes and counting to his 25 for his dream team. Warner gets the ball in the middle looks around and just goes shit no one is here guess I am getting tackled, eventually not even trying to break it.

Heeney and Rowbottom went into some packs and were left alone and thought **** it.

Ladhams played with grease on his hands. Lloyd where has he gone? Mcdonald did he go to Adelaide ?

Even Grundy is obsessed with wrestling in the ruck.

Jordon tried but he again got the ball and had no one, Adams tried but again gets the ball and has no one to handball too and he can't kick for shit , embarrassing levels of disposal.

Parker tried hard but is body is beaten up and he cant do what he used to do.

Mclean sorta tried but again you need to kick it to him.

Hayward I love you but he is counting his money. Someone hit his ankle because the only time he has actually really got going lately was once hurt v Brisbane.

Cunningham is just ****en awful

Let's say Warner Jr or Wicks are our worst players yesterday, they can at least compete and have some talent , we
know what the sides best looks like,
we know they can at least apply pressure, heck we know they can fight back in a game

So what the **** happened , kudos to port well played but geez did they have to even try.

Port were beaten by the Lions by 79 a month ago and fought back. Even that day at least they you know got a few goals.

2 goal less first quarters in a row wow this is just junior footy level embarrassing.

We played like a country side that is short of players and picked a few local farmers out of desperation.

They don't even give a ****

couldn't sleep after that shit

Gulden Florent Warner and Blakey are the biggest front runners in the afl and overhyped. There's four you could **** off to the VFL. I don't want to hear how wonderful Gulden is because he got 25 plus.

Yeah he is a ****en talent but he know what he is doing

There should be 23 players listed as injured after the booting they must have received post-game.

“Bruised buttock” doesn’t often appear on an injury list. It should now.

Rowy played out the game didn’t he?
I thought he did but not sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those saying they should have made a statement with a senior player is silly imo, you’re only going to turn it around by those players finding a way into the game so it’s counterproductive to bench them.
Agreed. Not to mention subbing out a regular senior player on a night where they'd all been horrid is far more of a scapegoat than it is to sub out the kid who was probably aware he'd be getting the vest at some point anyway.

Agreed. Not to mention subbing out a regular senior player on a night where they'd all been horrid is far more of a scapegoat than it is to sub out the kid who was probably aware he'd be getting the vest at some point anyway.

I think that's a valid point but then wouldn't have minded him saying something like that.

Look we subbed Corey not great for his development to be part of it and we just needed Luke and the leaders to fight us out of this .

We are quite clearly a confidence team. Perhaps the core group have a lot of confidence in each other but perhaps they don’t have confidence in the replacements?

When confidence is up they run for each other, overlap, create and back themselves in.

Suddenly no Rampe and Melican and the players feel they need to be more defensive as no confidence in the defensive unit. Then they don’t run for each other and overlap. They second guess themselves, more worried about their opponent etc. At times you even see them skipping an option (for what might be lack of trust).

McInerney out and those left think they need to do more, so they overdo it.

Papley out and we appear to have no similar forward to give energy to the forward line.

We saw this a bit in the first half last year when the players went into their shells when we had a lot of KPP injuries earlier in the year.

Swans site finally have a match summary up. More about Port than us.. then just some Horse quotes. :rolleyes:
Best - Gulden, Blakey, Heeney, Grundy ???
Are they having a lend? Heeney maybe.. & Gulden only from stats!

I haven't had this 'did last night really happen' feeling since day after 2022 GF. Was hoping/expecting never to have that feeling again ... especially this year after the fist half of season where every team feared us and was only a matter of how much we would beat them by. Had similar but not so major feel last week, but last night was next level or 3.

It's hard to stomach. I mean even if we turn it around for the next few weeks and (due to our earlier-earned position) stumble through to the granny, how are we to have any confidence we won't (for no reason) pull out a vs Saints, vs Dogs, vs Port effort-lacker again? If our coach has no answers and can't explain it, nor fix an issue that's plagued us for at least half the season (starting games at 2nd quarter) then how can we have any confidence ahead during the toughest part of the season that it can be resolved ?

To be on such a high for first half of the year and for form to drop so steeply in ~6 weeks (this sort of drop off would normally take years as a club loses key players, scandals, coach change with new strategies, etc) it's just makes it all the more difficult to process.

If we can't even fight our way and stop the bleed for an entire game, who/what are we ?
Last night we were the laughing stock.
Right now I've truly lost faith.
Over to you, club.

And Chad can get rid of that flipping smile/smirk when he gets done on one of his legitimately paid against HTBs for example. No one last night deserved to smile. They should all have only been stoney-faced, angry & determined after that first 1/4 Port training drill embarrassment of an effort.

Don’t see the coaches or players turning this around However another GF capitulation would be impossible to recover from for this group

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back