Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t agree with this.

I do understand Horse brining Parker on early to inject some hardness & mongrel.

It didn’t work, but I understood it.

But Corey had fought all year in the VFL to get elevated. He was running hard & his effort can’t be questioned.

Conversely, some of the senior players were standing off opponents, only half-competing, weak arm-tackling & not bothering to chase. Blakey’s efforts in Q1 typified the team malaise.

By the time you’re 70 points down, hooking a more senior player would have been a wake-up call. Hooking Corey was the sign of a one-dimensional coach just looking for an easy answer.

All this talk about poor C Warner being hard done by gives me a headache. He hadn’t done anything in two weeks before he was replaced. He had a decent game against Brisbane as a sub, but was completely overwhelmed against Bulldogs and last night. Of course you replace him. He’s a fringe player at best and was offering nothing last night.

It’s amazing that we judge players by how they get “stuck in” rather than their effectiveness or talent. That’s just loser talk. It’s like we’re North Melbourne or Richmond. A developing side where the only expectation is that you have a go.

And nearly everyone praises Roberts because he got a lot of possessions in the last two weeks, but what good are his possessions if he constantly butchers it? It’s getting to a point where I don’t want him near the ball because I know he’ll just turn it over. But it’s alright, at least he has a crack!

Okay let's look at the positives:
1. We are all going to now save a lot of money in September
2. Ummmmm?
3. Yeah, I got nothin'....
1. We are on top of the ladder with 3 rounds left.
2. Probability dictates that 2 home finals beckon.
3. Our players will all be back in time to make a difference when it really matters.
4. Interstate teams making up the Top 4.
5. Easy opponents who will play us into form as we emerge from the training load / bout of apathy.

When things become dire, enter John Longmire. Yours in speed, JHWF.

Imagine if Horse strategised operation overload. The soldiers would have started poorly and disinterested and just been bulldozed completely by the Germans

All this talk about poor C Warner being hard done by gives me a headache. He hadn’t done anything in two weeks before he was replaced. He had a decent game against Brisbane as a sub, but was completely overwhelmed against Bulldogs and last night. Of course you replace him. He’s a fringe player at best and was offering nothing last night.

It’s amazing that we judge players by how they get “stuck in” rather than their effectiveness or talent. That’s just loser talk. It’s like we’re North Melbourne or Richmond. A developing side where the only expectation is that you have a go.

And nearly everyone praises Roberts because he got a lot of possessions in the last two weeks, but what good are his possessions if he constantly butchers it? It’s getting to a point where I don’t want him near the ball because I know he’ll just turn it over. But it’s alright, at least he has a crack!

Nah, when our biggest problem is players not running hard enough, not cracking in at the contest with desperation... I'm absolutely going in to bat for the few who actually look like they care.

Who in our team at the moment has both the talent and effectiveness you're talking about?

It's not Blakey, it's not Gulden, it's certainly not Mills.

Roberts is getting lots of touches, at least in part because he's under friggin siege down back. No wonder he's turning it over a bit. No-one is giving him anything to kick to either.

1. We are on top of the ladder with 3 rounds left.
2. Probability dictates that 2 home finals beckon.
3. Our players will all be back in time to make a difference when it really matters.
4. Interstate teams making up the Top 4.
5. Easy opponents who will play us into form as we emerge from the training load / bout of apathy.

Very positive. Maybe too positive 🤔 I would have loved to have you around during our Victorian lockdowns. You're the sort of person who would see an elderly man fall down the stairs and then complement him about moving the quickest he has in years.

Francis was a known quantity, he play as poorly as he had every other game he's played in the 1s - same goes for Ladhams. Given the team's performance and the amount of reserves playing the result probably isn't unexpected in retrospect.

Nah, Francis has played better. He was dire last night. He got beaten in every single contest. The forwards only had to give him a nudge and it was over. I know it was hard since the ball kept coming in, but he looked completely lost from the first bounce. I don’t know if we can persist with him. He just doesn’t hold his own.

I feel a bit sorry for Ladhams, because you could see he kept trying and even took a contested mark or two. It was strange playing him and McLean and Grundy though. Made us far too immobile.

Very positive. Maybe too positive 🤔 I would have loved to have you around during our Victorian lockdowns. You're the sort of person who would see an elderly man fall down the stairs and then complement him about moving the quickest he has in years.
Au contraire. I’m indeed a pessimist.

You haven’t seen me be optimistic yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if Horse strategised operation overload. The soldiers would have started poorly and disinterested and just been bulldozed completely by the Germans
I really shouldn't laugh at that, but somehow I found that hilariously funny to read.
Maybe this team has finally sent me completely mental!🤪

Nah, Francis has played better. He was dire last night. He got beaten in every single contest. The forwards only had to give him a nudge and it was over. I know it was hard since the ball kept coming in, but he looked completely lost from the first bounce. I don’t know if we can persist with him. He just doesn’t hold his own.

I feel a bit sorry for Ladhams, because you could see he kept trying and even took a contested mark or two. It was strange playing him and McLean and Grundy though. Made us far too immobile.

True, Ladhams looked like he cared, just no polish and lost at times.

Now I’m not the only one still on the swans. Not that I gamble, but the ultimate purveyors of probability - the bookmakers - have us as favourite for minor premiers, $1.03 to make top 4, second favourites to make the grand final and to win the flag.

These guys have degrees in statistics and often have the inside word.

JHWF believes. Do you ?

I guess whichever side wins the flag has an embarrassing patch , Brisbane, Dogs, Maybe freo never got that bad. Gws Cats Blues Port
Hawks

Like the premiers going to be a team that looked complete shit at some stage .

So why not us ?

I mean I know why, but that's what the team need to think

I guess whichever side wins the flag has an embarrassing patch , Brisbane, Dogs, Maybe freo never got that bad. Gws Cats Blues Port
Hawks

So why not us ?

Nah its good to read these positive posts. No criticism JackHiscoxWasFast I was just trying to be a funny cnt haha.

Now I’m not the only one still on the swans. Not that I gamble, but the ultimate purveyors of probability - the bookmakers - have us as favourite for minor premiers, $1.03 to make top 4, second favourites to make the grand final and to win the flag.

JHWF believes. Do you ?
I think it is possible that over the next 3 weeks we crack in and win 1-2, stay in Top 2/4.

Then once you're in finals, double chance, anything can happen.

Am I confident in any of this at the moment? Nooooooooo.

JHWF believes. Do you ?

No i dont sorry

Hawks

So why not us ?

No team has been as bad as we were last night we were on par with the Eagles performance when we cracked 200

You got Jordan Dawson singing to you in the car?
NEVER INSULT ROB HALFORD WITH THAT NAME AGAIN!!!

That name is wiped from my memory

Rob Halford is a legend, Jordan Dawson is a w***er!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back