Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, should we thump Or even just win against Collingwood on Friday - will you all still be calling for Longmire to be sacked?? We are all armchair experts, but none of us would cope with the pressure that comes with that job. Maybe this was the pull your heads out of your butts shellacking the players needed.

No wont make a ounce of difference to me i have watched football long enough to see there is just no coming back from performances like that it just does not happen.

Matty Roberts, Francis and the fitness / coach dude that reminds me of s miniature version of Melican now lined up for check in. Starting to think maybe the flight out this morning was cancelled.
I think Francis and Roberts are initially from South Australia so they might have met up with family down there. Not sure where the fitness bloke is from though.

I'm not even angry. We were just outclassed and there was nothing we could do. I'm more frustrated about the close ones we lost, particularly against St Kilda and Brisbane. We were on top in both those games and found a way to lose them in the last quarter. Those two losses will probanly cost us a top 2 or even 4 spot. Last night would have been a free hit if we'd won them.

Tbh, the last quarters are getting to be almost as problematic at the first since the GWS game. We get tired a lot quicker than we did earlier in the season.

Matty Roberts, Francis and the fitness / coach dude that reminds me of s miniature version of Melican now lined up for check in. Starting to think maybe the flight out this morning was cancelled.
Wouldn't be keen to hop on a flight with this lot atm given their luck.
You'll end up eating parts of Francis when stuck in the Snowy Mountains for a month after the plane goes lost.

Maybe the extra bye helped us more than we knew, kept us fresh. Other clubs starting to look justified in their whinging about it. Personally I feel like it's mentally we're cooked..... but maybe it's that we're physically cooked too.

I think there has been a little arrogance creep in, and it isn't just the players.

They are mostly only little things. But I just get a sense the club got ahead of itself this year.

The biggest one for me is how they continue to treat Parker.

Coming back from the broken arm, a couple of weeks in the reserves made sense. But it went on and on and on, and is arguably still going. It reeks to me of the club thinking 'we are so good, we can afford to sit Luke Parker until we need him'.

It just seems off to me. I don't understand what their thinking is. No one can convince me that we are a better team having a Wicks or an injured Hayward running/limping around in the forward line than Luke Parker.

The rest of it is just little things. Some of the contract stuff. Gulden talking about he wants to play 100% playing time. Heeney sending out thank-you videos after a 1 week suspension.

Some of the other team selection. We lose Rampe, and then play the Bulldogs with all their tall forwards and we don't bring in Hamling or Francis to help. The coaches might say it was just a mistake, or they might not, but to me it was just arrogance to think we could cover them all without bringing another key defender in.

It's just little things like this that we keep getting wrong.
In contrast to our flag years of 2005 and 2012, I sense a bit more smugness off field in the utterances of Harley and Pridham. GWS have mocked us on social media because of this I think. Time for Horse to reach back for some Shinboner spirit or to resurrect the earlier version of the Bloods.

Maybe the extra bye helped us more than we knew, kept us fresh. Other clubs starting to look justified in their whinging about it. Personally I feel like it's mentally we're cooked..... but maybe it's that we're physically cooked too.
If true why has heeney dropped off a cliff because he was given an extra extra bye

I think the style we play when successful early in the season does not work when players are down on form.

It is quick ball movement through the middle catching the other team's defence out of position, running players providing options and surging team pressure around the ball.

But now we can't move the ball very well, there is not much run and the lack of pressure upfield leaves our defence exposed. (as well as to turnovers from not being able to execute risky kicks.)

I said it earlier in the season, our mids will not be able to protect our defenders every game. Our situation is that our mids have been worked out and it has exposed the back men. Without the mids scoring the forwards are exposed as average at best.
Especially without Melican and Rampe which really blew it open yesterday.

In contrast to our flag years of 2005 and 2012, I sense a bit more smugness off field in the utterances of Harley and Pridham. GWS have mocked us on social media because of this I think. Time for Horse to reach back for some Shinboner spirit or to resurrect the earlier version of the Bloods.
The only thing I have heard Pridham say earlier in the year that perked my ears up was when he was talking about Parker as being untradeable.

The reason it concerned me is that we aren't that good that we can have a (maybe) 800k player just sitting in the reserves or playing as sub.

I don't agree, but if the club think he isn't good enough to be in the team, then absolutely we should be looking at trading him.

This is why I think arrogance is an issue and it is lots of little things that add up into something really big.

The only thing I have heard Pridham say earlier in the year that perked my ears up was when he was talking about Parker as being untradeable.

The reason it concerned me is that we aren't that good that we can have a (maybe) 800k player just sitting in the reserves or playing as sub.

I don't agree, but if the club think he isn't good enough to be in the team, then absolutely we should be looking at trading him.

This is why I think arrogance is an issue and it is lots of little things that add up into something really big.
I remember hearing that and thinking if Luke wants out, he's the one who has to drive it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember hearing that and thinking if Luke wants out, he's the one who has to drive it.

I guess what they say in the media and what they actually do are two different things. But if they have decided Parker isn't good enough to get a game anymore (which is wrong imo) then we would be stupid not to try and trade him.

And as I have said a couple of times, that is where the arrogance comes in and that is what worries me about what is going on at the moment.

One thing that is starting to shit me, we have 3 big key forwards and not one is willing to split a pack. Every other team have guys that will launch at everything.

Not our bunch of fairies. Slightest bit of contact and they just throw their hands up. When 5"4 Evans took that uncontested grab at the top of the square while our "key forwards" just stood there was absolutely sickening
Exactly - some are soft It’s the bloody players doing this not the f..king coach. ITS ABOUT ****ING TIME THAT THE PLAYERS TOOK RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS PERFORMANCE!!!

Kenny Hinkley must've trolled by buying out the morning flight seats with his pay rise earnings

What do they need to recover from
I sat next to Hayward & Papley on the flight back from Adelaide in 2017 after the crows game (was working for an Adelaide firm at the time) he had the weekend with his family. His bestie Paps was with him. Players are allowed to have a life outside of footy and re connect with family.. We do not own them.

Exactly - some are soft It’s the bloody players doing this not the f..king coach. ITS ABOUT ****ING TIME THAT THE PLAYERS TOOK RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS PERFORMANCE!!!

Leave Johnny alone 🤣 but shit all
over the players then

Cool each to their own of course , but "you couldn't handle the pressure the players are under now could you" Bit hypocritical.

It's on the whole club imo.

We are looking to try and trade

Leave Johnny alone 🤣 but shit all
over the players then

Cool each to their own of course , but "you couldn't handle the pressure the players are under now could you" Bit hypocritical.

It's on the whole club imo.
Just get a grip, you’ve been wanting his head for ages, FFS We are still first on the ladder. Clearly you aren’t a fan of Horse, we get it. But in all honesty if you are melting down over this, then you couldn’t handle the pressure either. Sorry but that’s true. but who, in your educated opinion, should take his place??? And yes I will shit all over the players because they know what to do, they are professional footballers, They know the rules. They don’t all need to be spoon fed and they are the ones on the field, not Horse. Sorry to get so angry, but honestly this is becoming ridiculous. And PS, I will fight you to the death!!!😉

Last edited:
The importance of Melican to our team has been highlighted the last 2 weeks. He's become our most reliable key defender. I trust him more than McCartin who is prone to fumbles and poor kicks at times. Melican has been rock solid and we need him back ASAP.

Melican would not have done a damn thing yesterday no defender can with 70 inside 50's

I seem to remember everyone saying we should keep a winning team together because they are winning. Thats where these type of results occur, massive complacency every where across the ground and no accountability. Stuff the system lets get 22 guys out there that are going to give it their all and contribute. Get the best player in the side to get the results

I’m at a loss as to why we could blow teams off the park in the space of 10min and kick 6, now we struggle to even kick a goal in a half of football. It is like the ladder has been turned upside down, we are performing like an 18th placed team and the stats are backing it up. We have 4 injuries not 10 no excuses for that performance.

Midfield can’t get anywhere near it, which puts pressure on our undermanned backline, forward line dysfunctional (Has Been All Year) Logan, Amartey & McLean aren’t the answer, Horse has plan A and after that we get what we dished up last night, been happening for years, when a game is on our terms we look great but as soon as any pressure is applied we go to water. We need players with a bit of mongrel and desire to win the ball at all cost, players who pull on a jumper and say come with me boys and do with it pride. Absolutely disgusted as a Swans Member what was dished up last night. I thought I would never see a repeat performance like the 2022 GF.

This was a quote from John Longmire after 2022 GF defeat - “You want to improve, you want to learn from it in terms of what the experience has taught you. But most importantly, you try and get back there again and have another crack”

What have we learn’t? We are still sh*t when it matters and we won’t be having another crack at a GF this year, it appears another wasted season unless the other 7 teams turn to sh*t come finals 😡

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back