Game thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea what he was doing trying to outrun and take on midfielders! Urgh!

Should not have received the handball back ......put Rutten in a no-win situation ......not his fault, TOO MANY HANDBALLS

Can't add much more other than we have TOO MANY passengers

Cook is not a player .......a wingmen who just handballs and doesn't run the lines

Walker surely has to be dropped

Teams are cutting through our midfield like a knife thru butter .....our defense has no chance

disagree ...

both are attacking the ball.

walker is being played out of position. cook is looking better each week.

its Rutten, Thompson, Goodwin, Edwards that need to lift their games.

Thompson doesn't look interested this season.

It is clear the Zone is not working, the players belief in the Zone shows this. They are confused, double guess when they have the ball and not sure where they are meant to be when they don't have the ball.
Sadly it seems Craig still thinks this Zone will work and will tell us we have to have patience... BS!
Chance or get left behind! That is way we are getting well beaten.

I feel for the guys in the forward line. Burton is only doing well because he can handle the crap the midfield are sending into the forward line.

The over use of handball was clearly noticable and we struggled to get possesion and clearly there was some passages of play where we had space but refused to kick. The forward line movment was poor where we put ourselves into near impossible situations and no loose players. Some of the players look a bit scared out there, esp Rutten. I still blame last year's semi final collapse for our lack of effort.

I heard some boos from the crowd at halftime, well maybe that's a good thing. I wonder how the crowd is going to react to the team if we get blown out in the second half?

I can't believe how good we are making Carlton look.

They have so much time to dispose of the ball ......off course they're hitting their targets because they're under no pressure

As has been said our zone is simply witches hats :mad:

Can't add much more other than we have TOO MANY passengers

Cook is not a player .......a wingmen who just handballs and doesn't run the lines

Walker surely has to be dropped

Teams are cutting through our midfield like a knife thru butter .....our defense has no chance

Doesn't help that Walker is being played totally out of position... I would hate to be an Adelaide forward at the moment... even Jonathon Brown would struggle in our forward line.

This 18-man zone or whatever they are trying is just not working. Our forwards are being told to zone up the ground but then that leaves us bare up forward when we get it! We just have everyone zoning up the ground and no one forward to lead.

Edit: And this sideways handball crap! WHY IS OUR FIRST INSTINCT WHEN WE GET THE BALL CLEAR TO HANDBALL SIDEWAYS INSTEAD OF GETTING IT FORWARD?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I will never understand is how when we looked forward there is absolutely nothing to kick to, but as soon as there is a turnover, Carlton have 3 or 4 ahead of the ball without an opponent?

If you can't find space in the zone, then at least be accountable to your man.

Is our gameplan: quick, handball to a team mate! Make it someone else's problem?

Seems so.

I feel very sorry for Dangerfield, Vince and McKay.

Edit: another miss. WTF do these guys do during the week? It is completely inexcusable to miss from 30m out.

Burton is massively overrated on this board... yes he may be "presenting" but he misses far too many shots. He has missed 5 shots at goal today. That is not good enough. Not to mention his habit of getting in the way of other forwards. We need to play Walker out of the square. I just think having Burton there is hindering Walker's development as he is taking the position he should be playing in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back