Review GBU vs the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Sauce is done. Need to find a replacement asap.

Horrid rollercoaster season

Good sloane smith murphy and jenkins
Rest bad
Ugly sauce cey and tex

Good:
the back half
JJ
Lynch
Murphy

Ok:
Gibbs
Sloane
Gooch
Crouch

Bad:
Whoever’s left over.

Ugly:
Sauce and Tex

Smith playing great was beautiful to see.

Jenkins always gets goals - doesnt deserve the shit he cops.

Our staple storyline for nearly every must win/close game this season has been to play okay or decent for 3 and a half quarters but somewhere in the game we will get blown out for 15-20 mins and then we 'surge' without actually being able to meaningully score.

Anyway, the best thing of all is that we dont have to keep running 18 ladder predictors anymore. Its over.

Surgery for everyone who needs it.

Play the kids.

Realise the sauce bottle is empty and Eddie is just about spent.

Sloane is our captain for 2019.

Rozee and Rankine, thanks.
Actually after tonight we probably should pass on all of Luko, Rozee and Rankine and load up with all the decent mids we can get, we have the picks to land some real talented mids.....and a couple with real speed and acceleration.

I ain't even mad, our season ended with the Melbourne loss. At least now that we're mathematically out of the picture, the club can put some players on ice and prepare for 2019. Tex shouldn't be playing and his suspension will help us make the decision. Give Himmelberg a run. I'd drop Sauce but how comes in for him? We'll finish 12th and land pick #7 which is hopefully Rankine who'll provide us with much-needed pace.

The good, back to the drawing board with this monstrosity of a sh!tshow of an administration.

The players are motivated, confident and skillful, Pyke has to be credited for this as this wasn’t the case before he started his tenure.

BUT tactically we are a friggen nightmare and have had little purpose to our game plan. Coaches meeting would play out like a “whose on first” skit each week. Really relying on brute strength and endeavour to win games, need to be smarter.

The boys club needs to be obliterated. Need some thinkers at the club and quick.

But with AFL rule changes this could all be a moot point as the game becomes beyond recognisable.

I ain't even mad, our season ended with the Melbourne loss. At least now that we're mathematically out of the picture, the club can put some players on ice and prepare for 2019. Tex shouldn't be playing and his suspension will help us make the decision. Give Himmelberg a run. I'd drop Sauce but how comes in for him?

Move Jenkins into ruck. Might as well have a trial for next year.

Actually after tonight we probably should pass on all of Luko, Rozee and Rankine and load up with all the decent mids we can get, we have the picks to land some real talented mids.....and a couple with real speed and acceleration.

We need our own Josh Kelly and/or Dylan Shiel, anyone in the draft like that?

Just awful all round. Jacobs and Walker and Cey
Why do we play unfit players that are completely out of form. Sloane is our only quality mid. Gibbs and Mcrouch are only b graders and dont have that hurt factor.

Coaching is poor as well. Last year we never let it get over the back, now it seems to happen all the time. To often we see players jump at the ball and completely miss it and the oppo run into open goals. Our attack is disgraceful and our mids blindly pick to the opposition too often.
I like Pyke but if hes not willing to get the coaching crew he wants he should give em an ultimatum and walk.

If we are fair dinkum, we need to trade anyone thats not good enough. Leave the cupboard bare and just fo into the draft and rebuild. We all know that wont happen but hard decisions have to be made or we will be the same in another 10 year

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope next year Mackay and Douglas are not walk up starts. If they are, don't expect much in 2019.

400kay is an absolute lock in our starting team.

I admire him, because Im not sure any other player in the league with his skill and svelte slender body frame could play 200 games for a Club that played in a grand final the year before.

Even the club will now finally be forced into writing off this season. Now's the time to start working out how to get rid of some of the list cloggers: CEY and Atkins should absolutely be joining Hampton, Gibson, and Otten heading out the door, just for starters.
So true but we will hear the same bs, mathematically we still can. I hate that

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Coaching is poor as well. Last year we never let it get over the back, now it seems to happen all the time.
The coaching has been terrible this year. But this statement is completely false. Adelaide conceded many, if not the majority, of their goals this way last year and previously. It's just that this number was dwarfed by the goals scored

Drop Eddie for the last two games, absolute non entity, play jarman, anyone else but him, his 2018 is over, let’s hope we see the eddie of old in 2019, fog in for tex, tex is just about done as well, pea hearted captain, Sloane made captain for 2019. It’s a shame we don’t have a back up ruck man, Jacob’s should retire end of year but we all know that won’t happen, he is so cooked it’s not funny, I’m surprised none of the media or commentators have picked up on it...

Good
- Season is officially over. No more mathematical chance bullshit. We're done
- Milera is a good player
- In the first half, Tom Lynch was influential and once again we played well because of it. He's key for us
- Jenkins has found something extra this season
- Gallucci and Murphy will be really good players for us
- Smith is back
- Keath and Cheney are much more composed than Hartigan and Kelly

Bad
- Back to the terrible Atkins. 10 touches from well over 10km run. That's a terrible return. Offered nothing
- Douglas. 230 games, yet manages 16 touches at 56% with 4 turnovers. Shouldn't be in our plans for 2019
- Jacobs was pathetic. Time to retire.
- I hope Walker is genuinely suffering from some serious injuries because if he isn't, he is properly cooked. Get him properly right for 2019
- CEY had 7 touches mid way through the third quarter before padding that stat at the death. Not AFL standard
- Betts needs a pre-season to try and salvage the end of his career
- Greenwood and Gibbs were pretty mediocre. Though Gibbs kicked a couple.
- Transition inside 50 is putrid. Needs a complete overhaul in the off season
- Another poor 3rd quarter cost us dearly
- When we win clearances, they are hack kicks to no one. But when we lose them, we are cut apart like butter. Midfield structures are shit
- Mackay reached 200 games. Never should have happened. It was a typical Dmac game too. Offered the side nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU vs the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back