Autopsy Geelong defeated by GWS by 19 points

Remove this Banner Ad

How is 2 weeks off essential? Bullshit its pure arrogance that has arguably cost us 4 points, the guys slotting in for Henderson,Smith and Atkins were all absolutely horrendous.
You know exactly the health of all our players right now? From the look of our team, multiple players looked like they needed a rest. It's sad that those replacements are not up to it today, but at least we know that this week. And that is the state of our depth. I get that many are upset about losing in such an apparent embarrassing way, but these performances are not unexpected in such an even competition.
All year, I think wins are circumstantial, and circumstances today were against us.

Watch Clark's and Narkle's efforts throughout the game and you'll see why they're not picked. Holmes is in his first year and he gives everything.

I also watched Hawkins refuse to chase 4 times.

Our attitude needs serious attention.

I was bullish about our chances this year but with these injuries I don't think we'll get near Melbourne or the Dogs. They're far more desperate across the board.

We have far too many poor ball users and others who rely on their mates to put their body on the line.

Last edited:

Smith and Hendo play and we win that game, arrogantly managing players has never made any sense to me, especially with a pre finals bye to freshen up.

I'd say Henderson out is a bit more than being arrogantly managed - he's played one of our last four matches, so something clearly isn't quite right at the moment which is why he's absent

Hopefully he's good to go before finals, but if he's not then we need to look at our other options

So reactionary team
A senior player should have gone to Clark and told him to kick a drop punt
Bad leadership
To even get close was remarkable given the first three quarters
Selwood brilliant tonight with not much help in the midfield
We will sorely miss Danger, rohan and tuohy if all outs
Out Tuohy Danger rohan, kreuger, Clark, Holmes, Higgins
In Cameron, Henderson, O'Connor, Smith, Atkins, Miers, Constable
Round 22 team
O'Connor Blicavs Bews
Stewart Henderson Henry
Menegola Guthrie Smith
Dahlhaus Cameron Close
Miers Hawkins Narkle
Stanley Selwood Parfitt
Atkins Zuthrie Ratagolea Constable

Danger, Rohan, Tuohy, Duncan back first week of finals

As things stand now, our system relies too heavily on players who are inconsistent and/or not up to it. We're tasking the likes of Ratugolea, Narkle, Dahlhaus, Clark etc. with big roles for fringe players, especially considering they've all been so patchy form-wise. It's exactly why the whole team is prone to the odd howler like tonight and the Brisbane game - can't carry that many passengers in the same side.

Hopefully with more reliable types such as Cameron, Duncan, Smith and Henderson slotting back into the team over the coming weeks, this problem may be alleviated somewhat. However, I still feel like we've struggled to adapt over the last two weeks and field a settled line-up.

The lack of chasing and half-completed tackles (Sel and Guthrie excused) was concerning. Wouldn't normally be too worried about opposition sides transitioning the ball well given how organised we usually are behind the footy, but when our defensive unit has an off night like it just did, we sometimes end up bleeding goals too easily. Would like to see us tighten up in that regard.
I’m failing to see the link between those 4 and the brisbane game result. Only two of them played against Brisbane.

Anyone else get pm spammed by a hawk troll calling us too old, too slow?

They are probably going to get the wooden spoon lol. No brains at all.
Just laugh. We're still in their head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets face the facts on Hawkins...

1) he was on the field..he was fit to play

2) He was given an absolute bath by a very good young player.

The thing that makes Taylor the perfect matchup for Hawk is he's strong, reads the play well but most of all he actually moves and is agile and not interested in getting into a wrestling match which is what Hawk does best, part of the reason he was caught 5 metres behind a lot tonight, he couldn't keep up.

I'd say Henderson out is a bit more than being arrogantly managed - he's played one of our last four matches, so something clearly isn't quite right at the moment which is why he's absent

Hopefully he's good to go before finals, but if he's not then we need to look at our other options

There is something going on with him that the club havent devulged, the first game he missed he was out for personal reasons then all of a sudden he was injured. Guessing somethings happened in his private life thats causing an issue.

Poor effort after Kolo kicked his first.

Spent all the tickets in the Kolo goal celebration.

PFD - Green's elbos lodged in whats left of Phis Larynx.

Rohan - Hippointer or Corky

2E - Hammy

Just a sh*t night all over really.

Credit to GWS for playing their guts out and playing like a team desperate to win.

With a few outs some younger Cats had a chance to shine.

Clark had a howler.
Narkle enjoyed watching the game.

Gonna be along week

Spit fire but be nice.

GO Catters

In my time as a Geelong Member this is the flattest I have felt after a game. Lockdown 6.0 isn’t helping.

But for me, tonight’s the game the 2021 flag passed us by.

For me lack of players 25 to 29 and over abundance over players 30+ showed up tonight.

We all have bad nights, but Hawkins just have to give something however small when he is having a shocker.

Just a horrible night.

The thing that makes Taylor the perfect matchup for Hawk is he's strong, reads the play well but most of all he actually moves and is agile and not interested in getting into a wrestling match which is what Hawk does best, part of the reason he was caught 5 metres behind a lot tonight, he couldn't keep up.

This is why we must try and avoid Melbourne in a final because Lever and May will absolutely pick off everything coming his way. Cameron will help somewhat but Stanley will have his hands full against Jackson which allows Gawn to clog up our forward fifty just as the Giants did tonight.

The Dogs would love to get us as well as they know with Dunkley and Treloar back in the line up, they get us on the overlap with quicker younger players on every line.

Meh, bad loss but it happens. Looked off all night and they were up and about. Yes they were missing a few but so were we. The Close review goes our way and Clark doesn't miss from 14m out, the result could've been different. Still in a great position.
The worst thing tonight was the injuries and for me really missed having a crowd tonight, just not the same.
P.S. Dare I through up the old - Heavy training load?

Well what you can you say after that...
Awful performance by just about everybody, coaches included. Ball movement just way too defensive, only took the game on when the game was basically over. Should of made that correction at half time. Looked incredibly slow down back tonight and kolo on Green at times made me feel sick and gave flashbacks to the granny with Dusty carving him up.

Clarke, Narkle just didn't look interested, might have already agreed to be playing elsewhere next year. Clarke kicks that goal and we probably win instead he missed everything and we lose. Hawkins was just appalling tonight, you would think maybe a key forward might at least play in front once during the game but not tonight for big Tom. Stinker for Close tonight but been very good this year so you give him a pass, usual nothing from Dal and Higgins. Henry is a gun. Not really sure who comes in next week considering the injuries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong defeated by GWS by 19 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back