Autopsy Geelong defeated by Port by 16 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

6 shots for goal.....0 goals 5 behinds...one not making the distance over 35-40 metres....the around the corner effort was infuriating...

Lose by 16 points...

Hawkins finals performances kicking for goal is poor....and it cost us big time today....

A real test of character for Tom next week.

Cool. I’m not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You want another Richmond flag? Thought you'd be happy for Motlop. He's playing well under Ken now. Interesting seeing how Ken has managed him and how Motlop has now responded...

I'd take a Brisbane or Port flag over a Richmond, Collingwood or WCE.

You want another Richmond flag? Thought you'd be happy for Motlop. He's playing well under Ken now. Interesting seeing how Ken has managed him and how Motlop has now responded...

I'd take a Brisbane or Port flag over a Richmond, Collingwood or WCE.

If we don’t win it (lol), I don’t give a **** who does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Port earned a QF and home. 1 v 4.

You can blame a lot of things - that aint one of them.

PA deserved a home final.

GO Catters
No they didn’t, they had 4 more home games then Geelong, the entire season was manifestly unfair and to compound that with being forced to play in front of that crowd is outrageous.

But please pray tell how Port earned that final fair and square?

Absolutely this. I usually hate singling players out and I love Hawk, but he cost us a flag last year and potentially this year.
Mentally weak sh*t. He’s a ******* leader
Won us one in 2011 or Doesn’t that count anymore?

Port earned a QF and home. 1 v 4.

You can blame a lot of things - that aint one of them.

PA deserved a home final.

GO Catters
What is this phenomenon of higher teams getting home finals. Is this a new feature?

Everyone blaming Hawkins and missed opportunities for the loss? Not really.
Very similar to the Richmond final.
3rd quarter and the game opens up a bit and is harder to defend.
We're just not a finals team unfortunately and its a final.
Mids aren't strong enough or powerful and fast enough and we don't have the players to move the ball quickly enough.
Can't chip around and get a breather.
I am honestly happy for Motlop as I like him but you've got to show him a tiny bit of respect. Not just treat him like he is not even there and play 20 metres off him.
Mate really? How are we not a finals team? We won enough games to qualify for finals. Nearly all of them away. We are a finals team. What cost us tonight was one of our leaders. Tom Hawkins.

Too many guys who don't have the tank to cover enough ground offensively and defensively. The just killed us in the territory game, in that third quarter every wherever the camera went they had an extra two players.

We get within a goal and we put Atkins and Dalhlaus in the centre bounce, concede a goal straight away and use the same players the next time. Don't blame them individually they should never have been in that position.

Those back half unforced turnovers lead to three easy over the top goals. Just shit decision making kick to an out number in the centre of the ground.

Home town umpiring, Shepparding the mark not brought back, the ball not being returned on the full, they were creeping the mark all night. Port were verbally bashing the umpires all night, they gave a goal against Milburn in grand final for much less.

I hope we're brave at selection next week. I want Close and Fogarty in. Ablett's got to be out, one of Taylor or Kolodjashnij out, be unfair on Clark to bring him in now but we can't the switch heavy game they we used earlier in the year with the team we named tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when scott took so much crap for blicavs playing ruck
in the qf Last year.

well blicavs was main ruck again tonight.

scott is trump level stubborn.

and dalhaus and atkins in the centre square together when we got back to 2 goals is almost match fixing level stupidity.
I cant wait for KRock Podcast Catattack tomorrow... because we all think the same thing. Except Chris Scott...

Ablett (10 disposals) not a factor, Blicavs (9), O'Connor (9), Rohan (5), Taylor (7 kicks, 1 tackle) + Miers (0 tackles), Kolo (0), Bews (0), Stewart (0) barely sighted. Poor kicking under pressure and very poor kicking for goal when we had a chance to hit them during the first quarter.

Midfield barely there when it counted, so disappointing. It'll be hard to get up off the floor after this game. A demoraliser.

Port were all over us and sat back while we switched and went nowhere, then bombed it to a contest and turned it over... Too many c grade players... This coach is definately a problem.. This game plan isn't built for finals footy.. Ot doesn't work against the top sides. Scott keeps persisting with this rubbish and we rarely win when ot matters... This team has definately brought back the hand bagger status for me...

Poor hawk he had an amazing year but just kicked a flag away. I expect we will win next week but I can't see us beating Richmond.
If we can't beat Richmond it doesn't matter anyway

Autopsy Geelong defeated by Port by 16 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back