Autopsy Geelong defeated by Tigers by 31 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfortunately after half time we made a few stupid skill and decision making errors which completely changed the momentum.

Selwood’s handball to Guthrie which resulted in a turnover and goal the first. Kolo’s missed kick after a good mark the second. After that we just lost all confidence and they by comparison got a sniff and took it.

Missed shots in the second quarter also didn’t help our cause.

Lots of disappointing players.

Tom Stewart can hold his head high. Was superb.

We still may not have won the game but I thought we made a tactical error at the start of the 3rd quarter Tigers put Martin forward we should have kept Dangerfield in the guts but we put him forward,Tigers then piled on goals while Danger was out of the play with one possession for the quarter.Full credit to the Tigers though harder for longer.

Richmond just a better team & our system and personal just doesn’t stand up against them.

I’m proud of a lot of things this club did this season.

The word of warning for is is... Adelaide were 3 goals up against Richmond in 2017 & look where they are now, tread carefully.

We just can't beat Richmond. Probably the only reason we made the grand final is because we didn't meet the tigers before then. They lost a key defender and still creamed us. Scott and Co's control game just doesn't stand up to that type of game. Honestely if we were up by 40 at half time we still would've lost.

Until we can do something about that history will continue to repeat - cameron or no cameron
I agree actually and think it is like a reverse Kennet curse. Consequently I reckon that Scott simply needs to change things though too next year. They need to get looking at youngmids and also actually moving players like Myers into the middle too.think that there are going to be people wanting Scott gone. If we can beat Richmond I think we can win. We will hopefully and reasonably should be up there again next year.
Its been a problem for a long long time - we don't handle pressure. Our 2007 team loved it and always rose to the occasion - this team panics and shrinks into their shells.. I mentioned a while back we need a psychologist - its so obvious that Richmond have so much belief and confidence. Ours comes and goes quicker than you can say hi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry everyone. It sucks.
Very sad. Kind of angry too. I'll hear that effort doesn't exist but it does.
2 50+ turnarounds in 2 finals in 2 years in a row is a real kick in the guts and dumbfounding and maybe my standards are too high but not good enough.
But for a half it was great to be there and I thank every single one of you for sharing this year together. I love you all. Wish we won.

I honestly reckon the wet weather fading did that one. Tigers are a quick bouncing rebounding team and once it dried up we couldnt go with them.

Face it - midfield not good enough to not get dominated for one or two quarters, especially when are winning. Like port in 3rd quarter. Camenon won’t solve that problem. We are too thin and weak in the midfield against the Tigers.

I thought Stanley and Blicavs would wear Nankervis down as the game went on, but the opposite happened. Richmond smashed us in the middle in the 2nd half, and Nankervis was a huge part of that.
Our rucks were disappointing in th 2nd half. Blicavs is skill-less. He highlights what we lack. Pressure from top opposition kills his game because of it. Trade him and Henry. Both former athletes.

I didn't think we would win tonight, I so wanted it but I just didn't think the Cats had the answers to defeating Richmond in a big game. It was a terrific effort to make the grand final this year. The Cats played some terrific football at times during the season. Not the best way for Gaz & HT to exit the club, but they will be missed. Thanks to both for their years of service to Geelong. Congrats to Richmond on B2B premierships, that's one hell of an achievement. Losing hurts, but the sun will come up tomorrow, and life will go on.

You may be correct although not convinced about getting Higgins, too old. But as for for the game plan. Can you really see Scott changing that. He has had how many dratted years and not learnt a thing.

Who knows, but what we do know if that he's got to try something different.

Is there anyone we can get who can kick straight in the fwd line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is what is ****ed foremost. Feel that they totally need to look at this next year with two good big forward choices and also a few small forwards and mid forwards who can kick goals.

Well said Kitty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you Nickoo 😊 I think, or hope you know, just how much your opinion is valued? I’m touched by your kind words 😻

Dangerfield is overrated as a forward imo. It robs us for too much in the middle for not enough return on investment. If you look up his stats, the years where he has played a high percentage of games in the F50 have actually been worse from a goalkicking perspective than the years when he has spent the majority of games in the middle. When he kicked 45 in 2017 nearly all of those were as a mid.

Think we wasted him up forward tonight.
Or is Dangerfield just over rated. He does not seem to be able to take a game on. Did do it against Cwood but not last week or this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back