Review Geelong defeats Lions by 1 point - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

lol it's horrific.
It's like watching soccer.

The worst part of all, they chip it sideways for a minute and then move it forward only to have the ball knocked out of bounce or intercepted. It's no different to last year our game style.
Yeah Rich was roosting it over the centre!

Then pass me another slice. Delicious.
That’s been getting run out for as many years as the Cats are cooked. Disappointing to see Geelong people writing it.

Wow what a ride of emotions that was! So thrilled to be back at KP and such a good feeling celebrating a nailbiting win with thousands of fans.
I went from feeling like we'd have a good win to feeling sick and hating footy to pure excitment then 3 minutes of nilbiting madness to joy, that's what footy is about
Joel was fantastic and led all day, Stanley played a great game as well as Tuohy and Guthrie. Was surprised to see Oconnor on Neale at the start but boy it was a great move and lets hope it's used to good effect at times later in the season.
I felt we got in trouble once the dare and flair came out of our game and we let them back in, straight kicking by brisbane should've seen them in front earlier.
I'll take the 4 points for sure and hope we can build on the positives, learn from the game and continue to build whilst bringing key players back.
Mentions to chook and Evans who played solid games and Smith even though he had some bad moments also had some great plays and the all important match winner.
Go cats!

I just don’t see what else he brings...he has no defensive side to his game ..can’t run out games .. ect

he’s very limited to what I can see , I want him to make it but I don’t see how he can jump in front of the other established players when his game is very limited along with his questionable fitness
He laid 4 tackles. Guthrie the only other midfielder to have more, with 5. I do agree though that it’s going to be hard to jump ahead of the established mids. That’s going to be his main issue

Constable isn’t up to AFL. The way he fades in games shows he just doesn’t have the engine to get it done.
First 7-8 minutes had 5-6 possies then rarely sighted after that. Definite tank issues persist.

Look at the cats stats. The last 4 for disposals are Rohan, Miers, Dahlhaus and Evans. Evans deserves another chance but at least one of the others need to be dropped!
Who replaces them though?

This is the 15 senior listed players who'll be lining up in the vfl this afternoon - it's easy to say we need to replace guys in the senior side, but we don't exactly have a lot of options at the moment

• 9 – Max Holmes
  • 10 – Ben Jarvis
  • 11 – Josh Jenkins
  • 15 – Nathan Krueger
  • 16 – Sam De Koning
  • 19 – Quinton Narkle
  • 20 – Oscar Brownless
  • 21 – Nick Stevens
  • 22 – Mitch Duncan
  • 28 – Darcy Fort
  • 33 – Shannon Neale
  • 39 – Zach Guthrie
  • 41 – Cam Taheny
  • 43 – Stefan Okunbor
  • 45 – Bradley Close

This is the 15 senior listed players who'll be lining up in the vfl this afternoon - it's easy to say we need to replace guys in the senior side, but we don't exactly have a lot of options at the moment

• 9 – Max Holmes
  • 10 – Ben Jarvis
  • 11 – Josh Jenkins
  • 15 – Nathan Krueger
  • 16 – Sam De Koning
  • 19 – Quinton Narkle
  • 20 – Oscar Brownless
  • 21 – Nick Stevens
  • 22 – Mitch Duncan
  • 28 – Darcy Fort
  • 33 – Shannon Neale
  • 39 – Zach Guthrie
  • 41 – Cam Taheny
  • 43 – Stefan Okunbor
  • 45 – Bradley Close
Not to replace those small forwards but looking forward to seeing Holmes get an early run. Sounds super promising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a few out but still the chip mark stuff sideways is horrible. So many times we can get it inside 50 but hold it up and kick around the centre which allows them to get numbers back particularly in front of Hawkins. Everytime we go inside quickly we score basically but don’t do it and they kick slow to around the 50m line which is a turn over zone.

• 9 – Max Holmes
  • 10 – Ben Jarvis
  • 11 – Josh Jenkins
  • 15 – Nathan Krueger
  • 16 – Sam De Koning
  • 19 – Quinton Narkle
  • 20 – Oscar Brownless
  • 21 – Nick Stevens
  • 22 – Mitch Duncan
  • 28 – Darcy Fort
  • 33 – Shannon Neale
  • 39 – Zach Guthrie
  • 41 – Cam Taheny
  • 43 – Stefan Okunbor
  • 45 – Bradley Close
Narkle in a pocket and pinch hitting in the midfield given how thin we are in midfield. I think narkle edges Miers and or Dahlhaus at the moment. Gotta play well in VFL.

According to afl.com.au stats he had 17 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 5 clearances, 1 goal assist and spent 55% on ground. 233 metres gained too
stop unreasonably denouncing the kid
he had a very good game tonight for an established player let alone a 21 year old
Singled out for praise from Chris Scott as well

Narkle in a pocket and pinch hitting in the midfield given how thin we are in midfield. I think narkle edges Miers and or Dahlhaus at the moment. Gotta play well in VFL.
Narkle needs a good match in the VFL - BOG in the first practice match, heard nothing about him after last weeks game. If he has a good match tomorrow(today) it'll be interesting to see what happens come Easter Monday

Thinking that maybe inconsistency is holding him back at the moment, and as much as we're seeing some not so good performances in the seniors, the coaches may want to see more from those playing VFL to push them out

Had identical stats to Parfitt and his kicks actually go somewhere. Has also played far fewer games.
Vale caitsith01.
Talking down Parf is frowned upon here.

Was only just ok tonight and he still shits me to tears.

Great to be back at the footy. Shoulder to shoulder with thousands of others, worshipping this strange game after the year we’ve had: it was a surreal feeling.

Happy with the 4 points. A lot against us. Selwood huge. Tuohy showed he could have been the difference last week. O’Connor tagging Neale a revelation and great coaching C.Scott. Great start for Frank.

A lot to work on.

I don’t think the chipping out of D50 works very well at KP. We get hemmed in too easily. Should stick to what has worked for the last 15 years.

Dahlhaus, Rohan and Miers atrocious. Our forward line really needs work. When the squeeze comes with players returning Tuohy will be a better option forward than these three and we might as well get a better look at Jarvis. Hopefully Close gets another go.

Hawkins should have kicked a bag. He was awesome with his F50 rucking. He really owns Andrews.

Plenty of improvement in this side. Take the W and onwards to beat the filth next Monday.

Kreuger for Rohan and Narkle for Dahlhaus.
Miers is developing fine but because he jumped out of the box right away, expectations were lifted.
Really can't do any worse with Kreuger in the line up as Rohan is giving the club 6 touches, 3 marks and a goal per game at the moment.

Curious to see where they play Kreuger tomorrow - if they keep him in defence then it's pretty clear that aren't seriously considering at him as an option in the forward line which would make it unlikely he replaces Rohan

I was all over Chook early. He was pretty great, just setting us up everywhere. Then I was confused because I didn't see him anymore. Oh well. Here's to another 1000 posts the Charlie Constable thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 1 point - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back