Review Geelong defeats Lions by 1 point - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

how good is it to get a win though? hope all are getting to easter monday. potential for a cameron debut maybe? thought considering our outs we put in a decent performance despite some wobbles. this early on if we're 2-1 instead 1-2 like last year then that's (obviously) a positive

We need to try something different up forward.

Rohan has been terrible although I do wonder if he would be playing against the 1st/2nd best defender each week. We won’t need him when Cameron plays

Dahl has to go to VFL. Narkle? Even Holmes would offer more.

I would play Miers for another week but he is on very thin ice with returning midfielders.

Constable deserves to play again as may not get opportunities later in the year.

We need Clark to develop so keep playing him.

Evans stays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to try something different up forward.

Rohan has been terrible although I do wonder if he would be playing against the 1st/2nd best defender each week. We won’t need him when Cameron plays

Dahl has to go to VFL. Narkle? Even Holmes would offer more.

I would play Miers for another week but he is on very thin ice with returning midfielders.

Constable deserves to play again as may not get opportunities later in the year.

We need Clark to develop so keep playing him.

Evans stays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Miers offers more then Evan’s at This point. Miers just needs to be kept in the foward fifty arc.

Menegola comes back next week IMO, as he was 50-50 this week. Dunc should be back in if he's fit, and I'd give Holmes his debut, if he has another cracker.

OUT: Rohan (probably suspended lol), Dahl, Miers
IN: Dunc, Menegola, Holmes
Though I do want Holmes to play
I’d like to see Jarvis have another crack at senior level for Rohan if he misses

True injuries are an issue.

Next week you go menegola and duncan for CC and Dahl i think.

Long term the guys you mentioned arent best 22 when we are fully fit.
Duncan is the hard one in regards to selecting him next week - he's match tomorrow will be his first run returning from a reoccurrence of a calf injury he's dealt with over the preseason

I want him in the side when he's ready, but also don't want to rush him back

I listened to SEN yesterday afternoon and Cameron was on. They asked if he's right to go next week and he said he will try his best (or something along those lines). Didn't sound confident at all so he may still be 2 weeks away.
If we don't have him that will be a shame but I'd rather have our players missing now than later (nothing says that they won't be missing later in the season aswell though) but you understand. I think there is a lot of upside though

Duncan is the hard one in regards to selecting him next week - he's match tomorrow will be his first run returning from a reoccurrence of a calf injury he's dealt with over the preseason

I want him in the side when he's ready, but also don't want to rush him back

Agreed.
He is as crucial as it gets for our Cause.
Missing him these past two rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we really missed Duncan and Menegola tonight they block the defensive side exits from stoppages well and we struggled there tonight.

I think we need to replace Rohan with someone who can ruck so Blitz can stay back which i assume we will do when Sav is back.

I thought Hawk and Stewart won us the game, Smith and Selwood were immense and Tuohy was really good he needs to stay in our front half. Our small forwards need work, our ruck weakness still worries me and our ability to stop teams run ons needs to get better quick before the season gets away from us.

I agree his gut running was fantastic. If he hit targets his game would of been as good as those two.

Totally agree on all counts.
Hawks ability to hit targets for a big guy is ridiculously good.

I listened to SEN yesterday afternoon and Cameron was on. They asked if he's right to go next week and he said he will try his best (or something along those lines). Didn't sound confident at all so he may still be 2 weeks away.
CS said in his after the game press conference that Cameron won’t play Easter Monday and could still be a few more weeks away.
Also said Duncan is playing half a game tomorrow to be ready for Easter Monday.

I thought we really missed Duncan and Menegola tonight they block the defensive side exits from stoppages well and we struggled there tonight.

I think we need to replace Rohan with someone who can ruck so Blitz can stay back which i assume we will do when Sav is back.

I thought Hawk and Stewart won us the game, Smith and Selwood were immense and Tuohy was really good he needs to stay in our front half. Our small forwards need work, our ruck weakness still worries me and our ability to stop teams run ons needs to get better quick before the season gets away from us.

Stewart was immense. His hair-trigger kicks under pressure were always effective and sometimes inspired.
Henderson was just as good imo, although he had his hands full in other respects. He's a very good kick too.

Very comfortable with the idea of Sav for Rohan.

Last edited:
Lucky to win in the end .
Gusty win never the less.

Umps gave them 5 goals ..

Lucky they missed that one at the end .
Stuff em.

Dollhouse first to be dropped imo.
He looks past it .
Does not offer enough.

I don’t get why the media bothers when they know that coaches and players can’t comment on umpires...what’s the point of even asking ??
I love Scott's response - it's so clear that he knows exactly what Browne is talking about, but as you said he can't talk about it so just has to fob it off

CS said in his after the game press conference that Cameron won’t play Easter Monday and could still be a few more weeks away.
Also said Duncan is playing half a game tomorrow to be ready for Easter Monday.

Won't be back until Round 5 at least IMO. Could even give him that match off, given it's against the Roos. We want him there at the pointy end, not the start

Won't be back until Round 5 at least IMO. Could even give him that match off, given it's against the Roos. We want him there at the pointy end, not the start

Roger that; no need to play him against North; maybe a half at VFL level that week given this will be Duncan's yellow-light approach back to the senior team.

Just saw that long range footage of Rohan throwing a roundhouse at Neale. has anyone seen other angles, cuz that didn't look close to clipping him on the jaw. It looked all round the shoulder. Then he's rubbing it like he took one flush. If another angle doesn't confirm contact, then he just lost a lot of respect.
But if there is evidence that Rohan got him, then he'll have to go.

Agree on dropping Dahlhaus. Real questions on Clarke I reckon - poor decision making and gets caught a lot - looked slow last week and got caught tonight playing on. Not convinced at all.

Coz he’s a defender FORCED to play midfield.

He is our Rich, our Crisp, our Daniel yet we play him out of position in live contested situations unsuitable to him.

Play him next to Stewart as that quarterback setting up the play. He’s an elite intercept marker and play maker. Yet we play him as a mid. It’s dumbfounding

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 1 point - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back