Review Geelong defeats Lions by 1 point - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone loved us back in the 80s and 90s. Where did that love go?

Guess that love disappears when you're on the receiving end of a few 10 goal plus thumpings over the years.

I dont care how we won tonight. just so important that we did.
smith and higgins did some important things for us
selwood, guthrie and Hawk were ginormous.
touhy, henry, constable were important inclusions
evans a handy first game
dahlhaus better than round one.
stanley took advantage of O's disappearance
we were the better team on the night bar charity goals
I believe the final tackle was fittingto the result
what was the free kick differential?

Not a great way to win but I'll take it. Felt like they had the rub of the green all night and that last missed free was an evener-upperer. Honestly, it shouldn't have even been down there after that rubbish deliberate call, so swings and roundabouts there.

Seemed like we went into panic mode a bit to let them kick four in a row, We had them at arms-length all night otherwise, so that was pretty frustrating.

Agree on dropping Dahlhaus. Real questions on Clarke I reckon - poor decision making and gets caught a lot - looked slow last week and got caught tonight playing on. Not convinced at all.

That's just cos he's young. What about his massive goal?

We need young blokes who aren't overly cautious as part of the balance. Clark fits the bill.

You're right; I watched the first quarter and the last 8 minutes. All I know is the umps went on an absolute tear the last 7 minutes giving you guys absolutely everything, and, then robbed the Lions of the most obvious free kick of all time. Looking at the replay just now though the ump was too far away and on the boundry. Should have been one on the open side to call that.

If it'd been the other way, you'd be going off your head right now. I'm just a neutral calling it like I see it.
Evening.
Gave us everything? Including the deliberate out of bounds?

Not me! I agree with you - umpiring decided it in the end and decided it by keeping Brisbane in the game early.

Disgraceful all 'round
Didnt see one the Lions way
Oh, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt before. Damn, man, don't make me regret it :(
Bad idea from the start.

Rohan is a pathetic excuse for a man.
Learns from the best in Scott.
Gillian@Afl.com.au

Cant help you here but you got plenty of traction from it and we got payback at the end.

Go Catters
go Broncos

So what was the go with chris Scott on the ground with the lion players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone loved us back in the 80s and 90s. Where did that love go?

There isn't a team (apart from Sydney) who haven't been Geelong's absolute bittttch since 2005. Positive W/L ratios against all of them by a big margin.

Sydney was pretty even when I last did the spreadsheet, but it'd be getting out a bit given the last few years.

You're right; I watched the first quarter and the last 8 minutes. All I know is the umps went on an absolute tear the last 7 minutes giving you guys absolutely everything, and, then robbed the Lions of the most obvious free kick of all time. Looking at the replay just now though the ump was too far away and on the boundry. Should have been one on the open side to call that.

If it'd been the other way, you'd be going off your head right now. I'm just a neutral calling it like I see it.
Evening.

Yep, you missed all that happened inbetween. So a narrow view.....

Didn’t see a skn

Bad idea from the start.

Rohan is a pathetic excuse for a man.
Learns from the best in Scott.

go Broncos

Maybe if you didn't squander some of the charity you received in front of goal in the first half you might've pinched it. Bad kicking is bad football as they say.

10 of the Lion's free kicks were paid in their F50, so for them to lose by one not being paid there is tremendously ironic. That was a pretty shit game to watch overall. The Cats should've lost. We'll bank the 4 points though. A lot of improvement is still needed at the Cattery if they're going to be a good team this year. Having 5 top 22 players out doesn't help.

Last edited:

Evening.
It was a free kick against Blicavs, you'll get no arguments against that here but Brisbane got soft frees all night, so what's your point? They got more goals out of frees. All in all the umpires had too much influence on the game all night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 1 point - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back