Review Geelong defeats Lions by 1 point - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt see one the Lions way

Bad idea from the start.

Rohan is a pathetic excuse for a man.
Learns from the best in Scott.

go Broncos
Of course you didn’t see any , I hope you’re enjoying being our bitch as much as I love watching us beat you again and again

By geez the football gods were looking down on us tonight... Brisbane did everything to lose it - Blicavs was caught dead and should have had holding the ball against him. He always does the same thing lol - panic spin and gets caught.

He was terrible I thought; becoming one of those players who you don't want the ball in his hand with time to think.

Anyone but them.
Brisbane players were getting stuck into Rohan at halftime. He never responded in the second half.

Narkle could give us the same x factor qualities but also a bit more of the footy during games.

Rohan was woeful.
Would be more than happy to entertain a Narkle-for-Rohan swap.

You're right; I watched the first quarter and the last 8 minutes. All I know is the umps went on an absolute tear the last 7 minutes giving you guys absolutely everything, and, then robbed the Lions of the most obvious free kick of all time. Looking at the replay just now though the ump was too far away and on the boundry. Should have been one on the open side to call that.

If it'd been the other way, you'd be going off your head right now. I'm just a neutral calling it like I see it.
Evening.

Thought so. That explains it completely. You missed most of it then.

And to answer your question: Nup. If it was in reverse, I’d be saying we were very lucky to be that close.

Great game by Selwood, really worried the faster game with the rule changes might be a bit much for his old legs but he showed a lot of nous tonight.
Higgins is improving but is still finding his feet in the hoops, Smith had a good game and will put some of that poor kicking down to tired legs in the last. We need more from Parfitt, for an outside player he needs to use the ball better, just isn't damaging enough. Rohan had a shocker and will miss some weeks. Hawkins was great minus that late miss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree on dropping Dahlhaus. Real questions on Clarke I reckon - poor decision making and gets caught a lot - looked slow last week and got caught tonight playing on. Not convinced at all.
Clark missed a lot of footy last year he seems to lack a bit of the confidence and instinct he had in his 1st year. Also he looks to have muscled up bit but maybe lost a little pace? I would persevere at any rate for now.

Clark had an absolute shocker, but would strongly oppose his dropping. He needs game time out there. Ability is obvious.

Has his moments.

Caught trying to take a ridiculous amount of meterage from a centre clearance, cost us a goal up the other end.
Bit later on though, similar situation, backed himself without a hint of conscience and nailed the goal.

Isaac Smith doing it again! :roflv1: :roflv1: :roflv1:

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 1 point - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back