Review Geelong defeats Lions by 85 points

Remove this Banner Ad

We are going for a flag this year. Not in two years.

Buzza got half his stats in the last qtr so not sure how just looking at half time stats will help. Stanley also took quite a few of his marks in the first half too.
Wrong. We're trying to a flag this year and in two years time. These are the sorts of things that you can't seem to understand Seedsy. Besides, I never said that he should be in the team during finals. Lets wait and see how he goes.

Still no first half stats? Interesting...

Really good hitout.
Guthrie was very good, particularly in the first half when the game was there to be won. Could have had a shot at goal and passed it brilliantly to Duncan in a better position and later slotted one himself.
Blicavs was very good all night, one minute playing as an extra marking forward the next tagging in the mid-field.
Murdoch is playing his best and has become a tackling machine.
Motlop had a good game.
Parsons; what a surprise packet, he just gets better and better. Will be hard to drop.
Buzza, a good hitout and with more games could be a player. Although I am not sure if we can fit him in at the moment with Menzel due back and Stanley, Smith and Blitz ably covering that second tall forward spot.
The team is building good depth and the introduction of a lot of first year players has been a bonus, Parfitt for one will be a regular for the next ten years by the looks of things.

Round 16 vs Brisbane Player Spotlight: JAKE KOLODJASHNIJ (Full Match Edit)

Jake Kolodjashnij Round 16 vs Brisbane
16 disposals
9 kicks
7 handballs
6 marks
3 rebound 50s
2 goal assists

Cheers again Baudo.
He played well and was quite composed. Looks like he should be on Baywatch or something.

Selection will be interesting particularly if Cocky and Scooter are available. Those two are probably best 22 but who misses?
Zuthrie is obvious but with Murdoch , Menegola , Parfitt ,Parsons and Bews going well who misses?
We've seen Smith ,Stanley and Blics combining well over the last two weeks so certainly a selection headache. Suspect it will be Buzza though , raw but effective - defenitely prospect for 2018 though :)

Did anyone else think we got a kick up the arse at 1/4 time... 1st quarter we started brilliantly and had 3 or 4 goals super quick.. then we got a bit arrogant I reckon, were caught holding the ball a stack trying to do too much, and taking on to much by foot and we let them back in.
2nd quarter we went back to basics and steamrolled them with 10 goals.

I was as happy with that response as anything all night

This is the most excited I've been about kids in a long time. Parsons was the man Pivo promised and I'm loving his work.
I'll like this because it is nice to be remembered even when I'm hardly around these days. :D

And yes, I'm very content with my call on Parsons at the moment.

Partner.........and she's the most passionate, vehement, one-eyed, ferocious Hawk supporter you can find.

Also the truest fairweather supporter anywhere. Loud and joyous when they're winning, but sulky, angry and refuses to watch when they lose.

And she loathes the GFC.

* sigh *

I feel your pain, although mine isn't a diehard. She gets cut when i bag the hawfies though.

This weekend will be the first time we are gojng to a cats/hawks game. If we lose i will never hear the end of it.

Don't let me down boys.

I don't know what it is about the Cats, or if we are all just biased, but it does seem to me the commentariazis have downplayed us for years. Is there a running joke we don't know about?

Facts are in terms of winning %'s - team, players, coach - we are off the charts and ahead of the pack. Is the problem that we win too much? FIIK.
Yeah, I think so. Nobody wants to keep hearing about Geelong all the time.

I think it's kinda nice to fly under the radar a bit!

G'day Seedsy. Could you put up the first half stats only please? The 2nd half was junk time and I'm not too interested in that.

Also, the more games that we get into Buzza now, the better he will be in 2 years time. I fear that Stanley might be as good as he is ever going to get unfortunately.

Hang on, there's more... Due to Stanley spending more time further up the ground it's only natural to assume that he is going to get a bit more of the footy in any case.

Buzza may never be a star but he does show a bit of promise I reckon. Why not give him a go and see what happens?
Don't forget that Buzza does things that don't show on the stat sheet - like hitting packs and imposing himself. Something Stanley seems...a little gunshy of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up here to eascape the Canberra winter for a bit and went to the game. Surprised at the number of Geelong supporters at the match. It was a fun game to watch, my thoughts:
Blicavs played a blinder early (when it mattered) and was good throughout.
Duncan was in nearly everything, and nearly always effective.
Bews continued his vein of form.
Our rucks were pretty ineffective early, seemed to hardly win a tap until later in the game.
Stanley was reasonable around the ground, but his goal kicking was woeful.
Loved the way Buzza presented and attacked, no great shakes stats wise, but think he's the best option at present as the second tall forward to support Hawkins.
Zorko did play well, but not as good as Paddy- who needs to improve his accuracy in front of goal (then his second Brownlow would be a cert!)

It was great being at the game to see Tommy (and Duncan) chaired off the ground (even if neither looked particularly comfortable).

Now for Hawthorn, this weeks win will be for naught if we don't do them next week.

Did the same thing when we smashed Melbourne by 186 in 2011.
Was looking for a segue. Cheers.
85pts with Zoeko putting up a truly great game.

Games ahead of Zoeko include Buddy's THIRTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN, SJ's 34 and 7 in said game above, Le Frenchman's 10 at Etihad and Gary going 41 and 4 with 13 clearances for the Suns v Adelaide ( #PFD kicked 6 :D). Some game by Zoeko. Could have been a far greater margin.

Yeah, I think so. Nobody wants to keep hearing about Geelong all the time.

I think it's kinda nice to fly under the radar a bit!

Agreed but was it so for Hawks during their heyday or the swans? All I can remember is them going on about how brilliant Clarkson is and the hawks; even now I can hear again how good are they to come back. The coverage now that I've watched it was borderline atrocious and I can understand the jokes made during the game which were great. There was genuine excitement when bris got a goal and almost zero response when we did which is not completely surprising but it's annoying.

Go cats!

Was looking for a segue. Cheers.
85pts with Zoeko putting up a truly great game.

Games ahead of Zoeko include Buddy's THIRTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN, SJ's 34 and 7 in said game above, Le Frenchman's 10 at Etihad and Gary going 41 and 4 with 13 clearances for the Suns v Adelaide ( #PFD kicked 6 :D). Some game by Zoeko. Could have been a far greater margin.
How many of those players were running without an opponent all game, whose opposite number has 38 touches and 2 goals and who played in 85 point losses?

Happy enough for Scott Selwood to come in but I hope it is not at expense of Menegola's midfield time. I think to win the Premiership we need ball winners in midfield. Menegola offers more than Scott Selwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 85 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back