Resource Geelong guernseys and memorabilia

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone find it odd that after our win against North the club gave a few days of a geurnsey sale, but upon looking what's up for sale this season's clash jumper wasn't one of them? The very jumper we just played in as the "away" side and won....yet the meh jumper used the previous week as an apparent retro flashback tribute for the RJ Hickey years is up for sale?

Why I'm a little miffed is that they happily sold, or tried to, sell terrible clash jumpers over the recent years (the tramp stamp one comes to mind) and this year's one which is neat and actually pretty solid....not up for sale. :(

Anyone find it odd that after our win against North the club gave a few days of a geurnsey sale, but upon looking what's up for sale this season's clash jumper wasn't one of them? The very jumper we just played in as the "away" side and won....yet the meh jumper used the previous week as an apparent retro flashback tribute for the RJ Hickey years is up for sale?

Why I'm a little miffed is that they happily sold, or tried to, sell terrible clash jumpers over the recent years (the tramp stamp one comes to mind) and this year's one which is neat and actually pretty solid....not up for sale. :(
They are very backwards with their apparel.

I went into the cats shop as I couldn’t buy one of the hoodies Neale designed online so headed in.
Only sizes 3xl and above and asked the person at the counter when they will be getting more in.
They responded with it’s a special edition that’s it, I told her they should be a permanent issue and then got quizzed to why I thought so.
My response, because we finally got some decent apparel, our normal apparel is boring and outdated.

My response, because we finally got some decent apparel, our normal apparel is boring and outdated.
I know some clubs weren't fans of ISC but when Cotton On first came on, especially with that quickly abandoned COAR branding, it looked and felt as cheap as effectively what's made them a global success.

Much preferred a lot of the on-field gear ISC was putting out there from 2008 onwards. These expensive examples doesn't really come close to what used be the "coach's jacket" product: https://thecatsshoponline.com.au/gfc-2024-wet-weather-jacket-unisex-updating/

I wasn't across Neale's promo thing, but I just read this on a page:

"The Scratch Project is here!
The Cats Shop in collaboration with Cotton On is excited to announce the ‘The Scratch Project’, a bespoke clothing line designed in partnership with Geelong forward Shannon Neale.
The Scratch Project takes inspiration from the successful Cats area between 2007 to 2011, a period in which Neale found his passion for football.
"

Would love to know how this is an example of the 2007-2011 run?

I know some clubs weren't fans of ISC but when Cotton On first came on, especially with that quickly abandoned COAR branding, it looked and felt as cheap as effectively what's made them a global success.

Much preferred a lot of the on-field gear ISC was putting out there from 2008 onwards. These expensive examples doesn't really come close to what used be the "coach's jacket" product: https://thecatsshoponline.com.au/gfc-2024-wet-weather-jacket-unisex-updating/

I wasn't across Neale's promo thing, but I just read this on a page:

"The Scratch Project is here!
The Cats Shop in collaboration with Cotton On is excited to announce the ‘The Scratch Project’, a bespoke clothing line designed in partnership with Geelong forward Shannon Neale.
The Scratch Project takes inspiration from the successful Cats area between 2007 to 2011, a period in which Neale found his passion for football.
"

Would love to know how this is an example of the 2007-2011 run?

It's because of the GFC logo. We stopped using that after the global financial crisis of 2008. Shame too, I've never liked out current cat logos. Bring back the half cat shields.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our beanie range absolutely sucks as well. I like the one with a G on the front which they sold last year.

I have a few Geelong beanies

But I only ever wear the Big Freeze one

It's because of the GFC logo. We stopped using that after the global financial crisis of 2008. Shame too, I've never liked out current cat logos. Bring back the half cat shields.
The change in logo (two new ones), which IMO was to take advantage of the 2007 drought breaking premiership, is NOT why the clothing today is ordinary. That same year ISC came in to replace Slazengger and the iems were pretty good for many years.

I personally tend to purchase the players gear which uses the other logo as I'm not a fan of the general use one. I agree the WEG cat of the 80s and 90s is to this day our best ever, and glad over the years they still use it for retro merch as it sells well.

My biggest gripe is that the club has ashamedly forgotten that the Geelong Cat was and forever will be a Black cat, that's the joke and irony as famously told by that story from the 1920s. Between ruining 1/2 cat into a cutesy look and making him blue.....meh, I'll stop there.

On topic, it just would've been nice with all the other jumpers for sale that clearly aren't selling, if they'd made the clash the guys won in part of the items for sale.

Last edited:
Might be a long shot, but does anybody have 2007, 2009 (if they even exist, I couldnt find a photo online) or a 2011 Cats Premiers Sherrin that they would consider offloading?

Image below of the 2011 ball for your reference:

1724300059829.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Geelong guernseys and memorabilia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back